Rodman busted while driving through Colorado

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
SUMMIT COUNTY (AP) - Even when he's doing good, notorious bad boy Dennis Rodman is still being accused of misbehaving.

The former NBA star was pulled over and ticketed twice Tuesday while driving his gold-and-black Lamborghini through Colorado in a charity rally race, according to the Colorado State Patrol. In between he was involved in a minor crash and later accused of stealing a hat in what he says is a "misunderstanding" at a gas station in Glenwood Springs.

"It's been that kind of day for me," Rodman said in a phone interview late Tuesday. The incidents were first reported by the Summit Daily News in Frisco.

Rodman has spent the past four days driving his sports car -- complete with his face painted on either side -- in the Bullrun USA 2005, a 3,000-mile, one-week race for charity with celebrity drivers. He said the first three days went fine.

Then on Tuesday, Rodman was ticketed for speeding and reckless driving near Frisco and given a court date to appear in Summit County, Colorado State Patrol Capt. Ron Prater said. A trooper allegedly clocked Rodman going 98 mph on Interstate 70, where the speed limit is 65 mph, Prater said.

Later in the day, Rodman received a second ticket in western Colorado for driving 89 mph, Prater said. He did not know the speed limit in that area and or the exact location where Rodman was pulled over.

Prater said the State Patrol received about 20 complaints about the rally race Tuesday, including reports of illegal passing and running other drivers off the road.

In between the tickets, Rodman said he was accused of stealing a hat from a gas station in Glenwood Springs about 80 miles west of Frisco.

Rodman said he went into the gas station to prepay for his gas, then signed several autographs. A woman employee gave him a hat, he pumped his gas and left.

"The lady gave it to me," he said. "If they want me to pay for the hat, I'll give them double for it."

It was unclear Tuesday whether the gas station called police or what exactly Rodman was accused of doing. The Glenwood Springs Police Department said it would not release any information about the incident until Wednesday morning.

Rodman's agent, Darren Prince, said he and Rodman learned of the accusations through the media and had not been contacted by authorities.

Also between the tickets, a Ford Mustang that had been following Rodman to take photographs and video for his sponsor, apparently lost control and hit the bumper and driver's side of Rodman's car, Prince said. No one was hurt.

Rodman said he believed Colorado authorities were targeting him because of his flashy car and his celebrity status. Rodman, a seven-time NBA rebounding champion, won five championships in Detroit and Chicago, but hasn't played in the league since 2000.

He said he would fight the citations.

"They're doing their job, so there's nothing I can do about it," he said.

But he added: "Is everyone picking on me today?"

Attempts to contact the charity race organizers by e-mail were unsuccessful.

Celebrities participating in the race included Rodman, Paris Hilton, and Carmen Electra. The eight-day race began Friday.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

as the old saying goes...scars are the real tatoos..the rest are pure BS and ego!

Rodman said he believed Colorado authorities were targeting him because of his flashy car and his celebrity status.
He said he would fight the citations.
"They're doing their job, so there's nothing I can do about it," he said.
well at least he thinks highly of himself

Forum List

Back