Rock songs with full orchestra live

^Sad to see people get older like that and not able to do what they used to. In other news, that orchestra is having the time of their life! :113:

Rocks bands meshing with orchestral ensembles has been a trend for some time. I guess they feel (rock bands) that it lends their music some level of 'serious music' credence. I don't see the point. The POINT of rock is rebellion against the traditional. Odd marriage.
Meh...

This is very cool because Jones Plant and Page are watching....and Bonham's son is on the kick set....

does this count?
WOT
it could of been a rock song :10:....that was culturally appropriated and stolen from the blacks pFFFFFFFTTTTT:auiqs.jpg:

Good advice for clown world in there :113:
pav was always a waste on THAT giant vapid suburban LA shithole. and an LA audience .
not to mention when theyre encouraged to sing along it turns into a giant brainless derp fest besides a euro sittin in the audience ..i forget his name
I hate them they should choke and DIE:04:

Vesti la giubba INDEED
Make that two for clown world
1clownworld.JPG

one fer me

a curve off topic no opera orchestra behind him

SEE
NYC crowd from the late 80's no bullshit
drown in shit LA
algo said it best
Algo Maas
3 years ago
NO gimmicks! NO dancers! NO fireworks! NO skimpy outfit, wiggling around! NO huge orchestra ! NO mechanical lion! NO costumes! NO hype! Just a man and a piano. That's all. A voice and a piano. Pure talent. That's all it is : pure talent.
straight gangsta
we miss you maestro!!!!

Moody Blues, EL&P, and Steve Miller did this almost 50 years ago, Pink Floyd too. They had some success with it, but as a genre it generally sucks unless done by somebody like Sarah Brightman or Andrew Lloyd Webber. Sorry, but 'Tommy' is crap, and everybody who bought that album should be neutered.

And Abba, can't forget Abba ....

Oh, and I like some of the Transiberian Orchestra stuff, the Christmas albums mostly, but the 'regular' albums run hot and cold, one cover will be great, the next one awful, etc.

Forum List

Back