Rock n Roll Hall of Fame continues discrimination against Heavy Metal

MordechaiGoodbud

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2017
The snobs snubbed Judas Priest, my favorite band.

Judas Priest was the only 1 out of the top 5 bands in the popular vote of nominees who didn't get inducted.

They have a definite prejudice against Heavy Metal. I bet there are more rap bands in the Hall than Heavy Metal.

Judas Priest is better than most of the bands already in. Their musicianship, quality of songs, and deep library are far greater than many younger acts that are already in. And they are 1 of the most influential Heavy Metal bands ever.

I think Bon Jovi sucks, btw, but I will compare Judas Priest to several bands I like that have gotten in.

Nirvana? They have 1/2 of a good album. Judas Priest has 25 songs that are at least as good or better than that 1/2 album.

Green Day? I like Green Day, but after listening to Judas Priest and Green Day back-to-back, Judas Priest just blows them away. Moreover, they have much greater song diversity. With Green Day, you get a lot of songs that start to sound the same.

Metallica? I like Metallica but again Judas Priest has more diversity while Metallica songs start to sound the same. Plus, Judas Priest was likely a big influence on Metallica and every Heavy Metal band alive today.

There's still hope for Judas Priest. Maybe they will get in, if they ever get nominated again. Deep Purple didn't get in the first time they were inducted.

Shockingly, groups like AC/DC got in before Black Sabbath, even though there would have been no AC/DC without Black Sabbath.

Like every other awards club, it's a popularity contest. Quality hardly comes into play.

Judas Priest was the only 1 out of the top 5 bands in the popular vote of nominees who didn't get inducted.

They have a definite prejudice against Heavy Metal. I bet there are more rap bands in the Hall than Heavy Metal.

Judas Priest is better than most of the bands already in. Their musicianship, quality of songs, and deep library are far greater than many younger acts that are already in. And they are 1 of the most influential Heavy Metal bands ever.

I think Bon Jovi sucks, btw, but I will compare Judas Priest to several bands I like that have gotten in.

Nirvana? They have 1/2 of a good album. Judas Priest has 25 songs that are at least as good or better than that 1/2 album.

Green Day? I like Green Day, but after listening to Judas Priest and Green Day back-to-back, Judas Priest just blows them away. Moreover, they have much greater song diversity. With Green Day, you get a lot of songs that start to sound the same.

Metallica? I like Metallica but again Judas Priest has more diversity while Metallica songs start to sound the same. Plus, Judas Priest was likely a big influence on Metallica and every Heavy Metal band alive today.

There's still hope for Judas Priest. Maybe they will get in, if they ever get nominated again. Deep Purple didn't get in the first time they were inducted.

Shockingly, groups like AC/DC got in before Black Sabbath, even though there would have been no AC/DC without Black Sabbath.
Kind of ridiculous that Judas Priest isn't in there.

They were the first band to take the jazz/blues base (such as Black Sabbath) out of heavy rock and went straight, hardcore metal. Metallica would later go down that road.

Dumb. Award shows are dumb.

Judas Priest is in the same boat as Megadeath as a great metal band that didn't have the mainstream commercial success that other bands did. I think both will make it in soon.

They break the guy's glasses at :45 with hip driving rythm guitar in this video, they broke the law and terrorized the glasses wearing public.

They were always breakin' the law breakin' the law. The Hall prefers bubble-gum pop saccharin sickly sweet talent-less rabble. - See Taylor Swift and every boy band ever.

When it comes to who is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,
The Rock and Roll description is a misnomer

Why do you care? Why does heavy metal care? I don’t care.

Look at the bands that made it into the RRHOF, a great many of them suck. Being inducted is virtually meaningless.

96 Rock Atlanta back in the years....

Saturday Night! Come worship at the Heavy Metal Alter of Rock-n-Roll with Judas Priest!

Heard that all day floating the Chattahoochee. Loved it.

Forum List

Back