Rock-Hard Proposals for the New Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Foxfyre, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,400
    Received in my e-mail today with some revisions by me:

20 Rock-Hard Proposals for the New Congress
    1. Repeal ObamaCare . . . Now!

2. Keep all the about-to-expire Bush Tax Cuts.

3. Implement an immediate 15 percent across-the-board spending cut.

4. Implement an immediate government hiring freeze and cut all wages by 15 percent, including Congress.

5. Implement the following test on all legislation: 1. Is it CONSTITUTIONAL? 2. If it’s Constitutional, do we NEED it? 3. If it’s Constitutional and we need it, can we AFFORD IT? 4. Is it best left to the STATES to implement?

6. Audit the Federal Reserve.

7. Stop the bailout of union and government pensions and end tax-payer funded retirement programs for all government employees.

8. Keep the Internet from being regulated by bureaucrats.

9. Test all future and present judges on the content of the Constitution and publish the results online.

10. Pass the following law: “Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.”

11. Other than their salaries which must be approved by a majority of voters, Congress will vote itself no benefits that are not also extended to all citizens of the land.

12. Block the implementation of Sharia law in the United States.

13. Protect Our Second Amendment Rights.

14. Amend the Constitution to grant citizenship to only naturalized citizens and persons born who have one or two parents who are legal citixzens. Support State anti-illegal immigration legislation.

15. Other than provision for immediate necessary humanitarian assistance, pass laws providing no government assistance of any kind to illegals and apply harsh penalities to those who knowlingly employ, house, transport, or provide aid and comfort to those who are in the country illegally.

16. Abolish the Department of Education.

17. Return all Federal lands to the states.

18. Implement an across the board flat tax system, end the income tax, and abolish the IRS.

19. Work for the privatization of Social Security.

20. Abide by the legal strictures outlined in the Tenth Amendment.

Discuss any or all of the above and add your suggestions for what needs to be done after the initial list is accomplished.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,400
    And in case you don't think repeal of ObamaCare should be #1 on the list, consider that Congress, all federal employees, and all unions plus a few other stubborn entities were initially exempted from the act. And you won't find it in your basic leftwing media, but there is also this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Uu_tI0hTw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Uu_tI0hTw[/ame]

We need to do this before there is irreversible damage done.

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,949
    Not gonna happen. Insurance companies paid good money to get the bill, they're not going to let it get repealed..

The Bush tax cuts are a fantasy. The longer they stay in existence, the longer it will take us to get out of the hole we're currently in.

This would guarantee a Democratic victory in 2012, as soon as every aging tea partier realizes that it includes their Social Security, Medicare, etc. People are all in favor of cutting programs that don't affect them.

The problem is, every single American would be affected by your suggestion.

Go ask your postal carrier if they support that plan. Or an elementary school teacher. You're deluded if you think that it would be helpful to cut the wages of millions of middle class Americans.

I hate to break it to you, but whether something is "Constitutional" or not is an opinion, not fact.

This I agree with 100%.

So you think that people who've worked their entire lives should be denied the pension that their contract promises them?

I'm not worried about "bureaucrats" regulating the internet. I'm much more concerned by mega-conglomerates regulating the internet.

Once again, this is opinion, not fact.

What laws have been passed recently that don't affect Senators or Reps?

I have no idea what this means.

And here's my favorite boogey man of them all. I agree, Sharia law should be blocked.

But it would never happen. This is just fearmongering nonsense.

From who? Who's trying to take away your guns?

Ah, so you're another one of those "Strict Constitutionalists" - except for the parts you don't like.

The answer to illegal immigration is to punish the companies making millions off illegal labor, not the illegal immigrants themselves.

Why?

So, no National Parks?

Are you arguing for a flat tax (which is an income tax), or the "fair" tax?

Because we know that it's a good idea to trust Wall Street with the livelyhood of millions of Americans, right?

We've seen how that's been working...

Once again, everyone has their own interpretation of the Constitution, and nothing makes yours any more valid than mine, or anyone else's.

Done, and done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Not a bad list... good start

5. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,399
    You'll get no arguments from me.

6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    "Exempted from the act" is a pretty vague and meaningless statement. As are the assertions that so-and-so is "exempt from ObamaCare" due to a waiver (when what one means to say is that the annual benefit floor has been waived for certain plans).

The world operates in specifics. So talk in specifics.

True, in order to know about things like that you'd need to dip into right-wing news sources like The New York Times.

7. Foxfyre

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,400
    I'm not so sure. When you have a strong plurality of voters wanting its repeal, it's do-able. More especially when NO Democrat incumbant who openly boasted of his approval of this particular legislation won re-election this month. I haven't heard anybody who thinks Congress shouldn't initiate some reform in the system. But the existing law isn't the way to go.

Most credible economists as well as most non partisan economic think tanks disagree with you. Most believe we won't get out of the hole any time soon unless we give businesses assurances that it is safe to go ahead and move capital and invest again.

You wouldn't be able to make such deep cuts in benefits already obligated. But you sure could start the process of cutting out waste, graft, and start reforming the system now and begin weaning folks off their dependencies on the government. There are all sorts of ways to reform the system without screwing those the government forced into dependency.

Again you cannot ethically break contractual agreements. But having family members who are or who have been postal carriers, they see numrous ways to make the system less costly and more efficient. The vast majority of new jobs created since Obama took office have been in government and government employees make far more money and receive much better benefits than comparable workers in the private sector. That needs to come to a screeching halt. For certain all those workers are not necessary, and many of the cuts could be accomplished by simply not replacing any new people in non essential jobs.

I don't know too many elementary teachers who receive their salaries from the Federal government.

Hmmm. I wonder of Constitutional Professor Barack Obama would agree with you on that? Many of us believe the Constitution has served us well by going with original intent which was not the least bit ambiguous.

Good

That's enough to chew on for now. We'll get to the rest soon enough.

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    You mean the guy who brings me my unsolicited advertisements?

They are paid by the states, not the federal government.

Or, you know, both.

9. thereisnospoon

thereisnospoon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,399
    Never underestimate the power of the people to demand an unjust law be overturned. The insurance lobby is not that powerful. Besides, it's a win-win for insurance companies. They are all in the black anyway.

Wrong. spending cuts accompanied by fiscal responsibility.
    It's OUR money.
    National Parks are not a priority. These could all be maintained by the States.
    Of course we could rid ourselves of several thousand unneeded federal employees and their over the top wages and benefits.
    There is a need for a whole house cleaning. Government is supposed to serve the people. Not the other way around.
    The Brits probably thought Sharia law was never a possibility. But now England has Sharia courts.
    Social Security is a bunk ponzi scheme. Without drastic reform, SS is out of business.
    By the time I get to retirement age, SS funds will be depleted.
    The last two years, SS has denied COLA increases. What's that tell ya?
    Place troops at our southern border. Make sure they can all yell very loud in Spanish GO HOME!
    Yes, prosecute all employers that hire illegals. make the punishment so draconian as to push the limits of "cruel and unusual punishment".

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    :cuckoo: You expect all that in one legislative year? Surely you jest. Hey, I'd like to look like I did when I was 30, have all the money I need to live comfortably and give away the rest to the needy, which are only two on my list of pure pipedreams.