Rock Albums: Best of the best

I'm on my 5th or 6th copy of this one:

Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America.jpg

When you tally up things like hits and longevity of making them?

Arrowsmith is certainly one of the best if not THE BEST rock and roll band of all time.

Crimminies they've been making one hit after the other since the 60s.

Arrowsmith is certainly one of the best if not THE BEST rock and roll band of all time.

their first Album was 1973....

Title says it all...let me get one out of the way..

Aerosmith Rocks
Released 1976, their 4th album.
Quadruple Platinum sales

I was 11 years old then. The first time I heard it, I would have been about 13. This album defined the music I started to listen to in my early teens.

[ame]

My mom took me to see Santana when I was 11.
220px-SantanaAbraxas.jpg

I met Carlos at Casa de Campo in the Dominican republic in about 1987. He got together and ripped with some local Yeh Mon guys at their Altos de chavon 'stadium". Carlos does Bob Marley on an SG....or Tele ???. Cool as hell. We all(the resort) ate lobster on the fire at the beach the next morning.Carlos is good people.Very comical. He plans on coming here for a show this year but is a bit Corona Paranoid these weeks.

Hendrix, ZZ Top, and Led Zeppelin pretty much rule the Rock Kingdom. Cream and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer are the next tier. 'Everybody Else is the third tier.

Pop music and re-modeled barbershop quartets like the Beatles, Stones, C,S,N, and Y dominate the kiddy pop rock genre, with Honorable Mentions for Stevie Nicks, Chrissy Hines, and Odetta giving them a run for the money. Nick's Crystal visions is one of the best compilation CD's ever put out. She's much better without Fleetwood Mac, i.e. Buckingham's rather restricted composing style. Sarah Brightman's Eden is pretty much a category by itself, encompasses several genres, including opera, and since she's a real musician can't really be slotted by categories.

Last edited:
Hendrix, ZZ Top, and Led Zeppelin pretty much rule the Rock Kingdom. Cream and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer are the next tier. 'Everybody Else is the third tier. Pop music and re-modeled barbershop quartets like the Beatles, Stones, C,S,N, and Y dominate the kiddy pop rock genre, with Honorable Mentions for Stevie Nicks, Chrissy Hines, and Odetta giving them a run for the money. Nick's Crystal visions is one of the compilation CD's ever put out. She's much better without Fleetwood Mac, i.e. Buckingham's rather restricted composing style. Sarah Brightman's Eden is pretty much a category by itself.

ZZ Top??
Uhhh.... no. They sold out to pop/glitz rock to get on MTV.
Rolling Stones in the mid 70's were fantastic. Writing/Creating music like no one else sounded. Having said that, pretty much every song people like the most from Rolling Stones, are all from only1 of 3 albums and in just 4 years of their entire collection.
Post 1970's they made popup songs. They should have retired by 1990, after that they were garbage. Making Rolling Stones probably THE most over-rated band in rock history

Hendrix, ZZ Top, and Led Zeppelin pretty much rule the Rock Kingdom. Cream and Emerson, Lake, and Palmer are the next tier. 'Everybody Else is the third tier. Pop music and re-modeled barbershop quartets like the Beatles, Stones, C,S,N, and Y dominate the kiddy pop rock genre, with Honorable Mentions for Stevie Nicks, Chrissy Hines, and Odetta giving them a run for the money. Nick's Crystal visions is one of the compilation CD's ever put out. She's much better without Fleetwood Mac, i.e. Buckingham's rather restricted composing style. Sarah Brightman's Eden is pretty much a category by itself.

ZZ Top??
Uhhh.... no. They sold out to pop/glitz rock to get on MTV.
Rolling Stones in the mid 70's were fantastic. Writing/Creating music like no one else sounded. Having said that, pretty much every song people like the most from Rolling Stones, are all from only1 of 3 albums and in just 4 years of their entire collection.
Post 1970's they made popup songs. They should have retired by 1990, after that they were garbage. Making Rolling Stones probably THE most over-rated band in rock history

Ah, another poor clueless stoner who thinks they weren't all in it for the money and chicks for free. Hate to break it to you kids, but they were all for sale, every last one of them; the entire genre only existed to make piles of money from teenagers with disposable incomes, especially adolescent girls. And guess what? It's still exactly the same market today. No talent required. Any who did have some genuine talent was purely incidental, and rarely used anyway. It was mostly the talents of producers and marketers that counted.

After 1980 Aerosmith sucked.
Jamies got a Gun.... holy shit that song sucks.
Love in an Elevator... gag me with a shovel.

Listen to this song from waaaay back... simple song, nothing eye popping, sophomoric and not near their good stuff. But still better than anything after 1980.

... simple song, nothing eye popping, sophomoric ...

As, of course, it was fully intended to be, like the rest of the genre since its beginning. The evolutionary tree for rock is very short, which is why such techno rubbish as 'rap' and 'autotune' is considered 'innovative'.

Forum List

Back