Robots Don't Care

The arm with the spikes on it collapsed. The robot did not hit him.

Stick to good maintenance and safety protocols, and this could be avoided.

I'm surprised the chinese capitaslist machine allowed this into any media at all....~S~

I think the title of the OP "Robot's don't care" misses the point. Automated machinery has to have the capability of caring before "don't care" has any real meaning. Post #6 is correct that the problem is safety protocols.

RE: Robots Don't Care
※→ Wuwei, et al,

I have to agree. There has to be some sensory protection to idle the machine should it begin to operate beyond the expected programmed action. This is generally as simple as the technology for a touchpad.

I think the title of the OP "Robot's don't care" misses the point. Automated machinery has to have the capability of caring before "don't care" has any real meaning. Post #6 is correct that the problem is safety protocols.
(COMMENT)

The real problem here is that the design and manufacturing process did not think outside the box. The Robot is, after all, merely a programmed machine. The designer must be able to predict what kind of failures the machine might occur. Theoretically, one could adapt voice recognition and commands to halt mechanical devices in case of exigent circumstances.

Yes, the problem is that we have to teach our design engineers to consider these factors in parallel with the intended process.

Most Respectfully,
R

New Topics

Forum List

Back