Robin Gibb in coma

Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam said Gibb was being treated for advanced colorectal cancer and had caught pneumonia as he was weakened from grueling doses of chemotherapy and two operations.

The 62-year-old singer fell into a coma last week after contracting the pneumonia. Thillainayagam said that three days ago he had warned Gibb's family that he may not wake up. Instead, Gibb is now fully conscious and able to speak.

Thillainayagam said Gibb is still in intensive care and is "exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished." He is breathing with the help of an oxygen mask and needs intravenous feeding and antibiotics.

"It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," Thillainayagam said in a statement.

Read more: THE DAILY STAR :: Entertainment :: Celebrities :: Spokesman: Bee Gee Robin Gibb wakes from coma
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: THE DAILY STAR :: Breaking News, Lebanon News, Middle East News & World News)

BBC News - Bee Gee Robin Gibb's recovery 'confounds' doctors

"It is testament to Robin's extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now," he said.

"Robin is fully conscious, lucid and able to speak to his loved ones. He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask.

"He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLnuYFx1gIs]Bee Gees - New York Mining Disaster & To Love Somebody - YouTube[/ame]​

Yes, sadly, we lost Robin Gibbs. There is now only one surviving Bee Gee. They were a great group.

I was so sad. But - it's good. He was pretty much hanging by a thread, while his body fell apart.

That's not life.

There are things far worse than death.

That there are, which is why I hope that if dementia should occur, I can remember to go up north and take a snow nap.

ditto sweet heart.. I fight with this daily after watching my father anger death and fight the SOB to the max.

Death aint gonna take me without a get go.

Know what I liked about them all? They were genuine. They were kind. They were good men.

Not often seen these days.

Forum List

Back