Robet Reich thinks Romney will win debates

HomeInspect

Feb 26, 2012
Maryland
Robert Reich: Romney Will Beat 'Wooden' Obama in Presidential Debates

Mitt Romney has turned into such a skilled debater that he could trounce President Barack Obama in their three head-to-head encounters in the run-up to the election, former Democratic Labor Secretary Robert Reich believes.

Romney “is going to be debating somebody who is not nearly as good a debater as his reputation,” Reich tells Atlantic Magazine in its September issue. He says that under live questioning, Obama “can seem kind of wooden” and “at a loss for words.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Robert Reich: Romney Will Beat 'Wooden' Obama in Presidential Debates

I do as well, but hope big an advantage that will give him remains to be seen.

At least to some undecided he will seem human . . . I am hoping.

The public will never know if Romney wins the debates or not.

Not with the spin the lamestream media will put on it...or not report on it at all.
The main outlets will spend a minute on it if Obama loses, showing some lowlights of Romney's, and some highlights of Obama, and them move on to something that will bash the republican's in their constant attempt to take the spotlight off the economy.....

The sad part is that the American people cannot seem to deduce winners and losers without being told by the media. Just another example of the 'dumbing down' of America for an expressed purpose.

Last edited:
Romney seems like a robot under any circumstance.

Mitt Romney has turned into such a skilled debater that he could trounce President Barack Obama in their three head-to-head encounters in the run-up to the election, former Democratic Labor Secretary Robert Reich believes.

Romney “is going to be debating somebody who is not nearly as good a debater as his reputation,” Reich tells Atlantic Magazine in its September issue. He says that under live questioning, Obama “can seem kind of wooden” and “at a loss for words.”

Read more on Newsmax.com: Robert Reich: Romney Will Beat 'Wooden' Obama in Presidential Debates

because Romney has lost so many debates?

I think he got the names reversed in his OP. Romney is the wooden one. He reminds me of algore!:D:eusa_clap:

There is little doubt that Romney avoids answering questions out of fear of alienating specific voters or his backers in the Republican Party, but his reticence to take a stand on important issues defines a weak character and lack of resolve a presidential candidate should possess. Romney made matters worse and showed that, besides being a pathological liar, he is a rank hypocrite for demanding that “President Obama level with the American public about his real agenda.” One of the primary reasons many Americans are suspicious of Romney is because, besides his religion, he has never leveled with the American people what his real agenda is other than transforming government into a private enterprise to enrich himself and his wealthy elite cohorts

I can see it now in the debates: "I refuse to answer on the ground of self incrimination."

roflmao.gif

Some of the issues Romney refuses to commit to are whether he supports: ending deportations of immigrants eligible for the Dream Act, Lily Ledbetter Act, Paycheck Fairness Act, Violence Against Women Act, or eliminating tax breaks for private equity partners. [He] also avoided answering questions about how many federal agencies he will eliminate and which tax loopholes he will close to fund the outrageous tax breaks for the rich. Romney has a history of “not laying out just exactly” what his real agenda is because doing so in his bid for Ted Kennedy’s Senate seat definitely cost him the election in 1994. The real problem with Romney’s reluctance to lay out his agenda is not his ambiguity or pandering for votes, but who he really answers to and how he would handle a national crisis if he is the president.

LINK

Obviously, Reich is lowering expectations.

If Romney does well, it was beause they were expecting him too.

If he commits a fatal gaffe, they can make a bigger deal about it.

Debating was never Romney's strong suit.

Now, I know you conservatards have all gotten Agent J to flash you with a neuralizer so you all forgot you were for other guys in the primaries and how ROmney really didn't impress anyone all that much.

You probably forgotten such gems as "I can't have illegals here, I'm running for Office, for Pete's Sake" or "I'll bet you $10,000!"

The expectations are low for Romney. Seems you all forget that.

If he can come off doing well at all....he wins.

Obama's camp knows they are in a deep pile of s**t.

How the hell we supposed to tell the difference on who wins? They support the same damn things...both support

NDAA
TARP
Auto Bailouts
Patriot Act
War in Afghanistan
Both think government can fix the economy..

Christ I can go on and on.

How the hell we supposed to tell the difference on who wins? They support the same damn things...both support

NDAA
TARP
Auto Bailouts
Patriot Act
War in Afghanistan
Both think government can fix the economy..

Christ I can go on and on.

Stop damaging what little credibility you have left.:lol:

You mean its not gone yet!? DAMNIT! Gotta try harder..just trying to wake the sheeple up...its up to them to do just a wee bit of research.

The public will never know if Romney wins the debates or not.

Not with the spin the lamestream media will put on it...or not report on it at all.

In point of fact, fux is the network that does not cover anything Obama does or says. Check it out for yourselves. Its true. I have flipped back and forth between stations and found that fux never covers Obama.

OTOH, today, MSNBC, the station you cowardly rw's say is left, aired a real fluff piece about mittens. Free Speech TV has showed a sticky sweet "documentary on mittens that will have you throwing up in the bathroom.

"lamestream media" ... This is the answer that idiot rw's always trot out - that this or that site is left leaning or this or that media is left leaning.

Its tiresome that you can't come up with a better excuse for how really stinking bad the R does in campaigning or public speaking. Mostly, its just plain flat out lame that you can't face up to your own faults and ineptitude. Its beyond time for the R to step up and prove they can do the job.

Yeah, we all know, YOU know, the R is in over their heads. We all know they can't Do The Job because they have proven they can't, but still ...

Quit whining. Quit being such pussies. Quit blaming something other than your own lack of knowledge and expertise. In short, man up and get a new frigging excuse.

Mitt Romney could kill kittens and eat babies live at the debates and Republican would vote for him because they hate the black guy that much. They are already practicing voter suppression. Something that destroys the very foundation of the country. And stop saying it's not true. Republican leaders have already admitted the truth.

No wonder the Iraqis threw shoes at Bush. They understood it wasn't about "freedom" and "patriotism". It was about "greed' and "power".

Obviously, Reich is lowering expectations.

If Romney does well, it was beause they were expecting him too.

If he commits a fatal gaffe, they can make a bigger deal about it.

Debating was never Romney's strong suit.

Now, I know you conservatards have all gotten Agent J to flash you with a neuralizer so you all forgot you were for other guys in the primaries and how ROmney really didn't impress anyone all that much.

You probably forgotten such gems as "I can't have illegals here, I'm running for Office, for Pete's Sake" or "I'll bet you $10,000!"

I don't think its possible for

Actually, Romney has 'committed fatal gaffes' many times over. Pretty much every time he opens his mouth. One idiot stupid thing after another.

rw's have set the bar so low that he could get under it if he crawled.

Seriously. Mitt is an ass. His wife is an ass. They hate Americans and have nothing but contempt for rw voters.

rw voters know this. They know he will bankrupt the country and take every cent the tax payer has and then invest it in other countries.

The right has become so anti-America, they would vote for anyone if they thought it would further their agenda and rw's are followers.

Forum List

Back