Robertson and Bush

"I mean, the Lord told me it was going to be A, a disaster, and B, messy,"

What a crock of horse shit. Mr. Robertson has done a lot of good in this world - but wow...he 'can' be rather fruity sometimes...such as his 'God said if you (the viewers) don't send in $1 Million, God will kill me'.

I feel Mr. Robertson is a few sandwiches short of a pick-nick.

If 'The Lord' told him that, it's obvious 'The Lord' was wrong. Fighting a major war, and losing 'only' 800 people per year is nothing even CLOSE to 'a disaster'.

-=d=- said:
What a crock of horse shit. Mr. Robertson has done a lot of good in this world - but wow...he 'can' be rather fruity sometimes...such as his 'God said if you (the viewers) don't send in $1 Million, God will kill me'.

I feel Mr. Robertson is a few sandwhiches short of a picknick.

If 'The Lord' told him that, it's obvious 'The Lord' was wrong. Fighting a major war, and losing 'only' 800 people per year is nothing even CLOSE to 'a disaster'.

I agree totally that Robertson is nuts. He has already said God told him Bush would be re-elected.

Unfortunately, there are many like him that are just as nuts, listen to him and vote. The Christian Coalition is part of the "base" of Bush.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I agree totally that Robertson is nuts. He has already said God told him Bush would be re-elected.

Unfortunately, there are many like him that are just as nuts, listen to him and vote. The Christian Coalition is part of the "base" of Bush.

Give christians the benefit of the doubt - 'most' Christians are reasonable people, just as most 'liberals' are. The only fragment of either population which gets much press, however, are the fruitcakes...such as Mr. Robertson, and the likes of Hillary Clinton.. ;)

:)

-=d=- said:
Give christians the benefit of the doubt - 'most' Christians are reasonable people, just as most 'liberals' are. The only fragment of either population which gets much press, however, are the fruitcakes...such as Mr. Robertson, and the likes of Hillary Clinton.. ;)

:)

*gasp* did you say...... just as most liberals are? :) haha ;)

your statement is very true tho... about nutcases er fruitcakes getting the most press..

and YEP on both people.

What party do you think Jesus would have belong to?

I think he would have been more of a liberal Deomocrat, since they seem to more of the bleeding heart help the poor position.

Santan would be more in favor of the Repbulican party since they favor the rich and Jesus said a rich man has about as much of a chance of getting into heaven as a camel does through the eye of a needle.

White knight said:
What party do you think Jesus would have belong to?

I think he would have been more of a liberal Deomocrat, since they seem to more of the bleeding heart help the poor position.

Santan would be more in favor of the Repbulican party since they favor the rich and Jesus said a rich man has about as much of a chance of getting into heaven as a camel does through the eye of a needle.

Jesus was all about 'less' government (Church) in man's life...That's not very 'democrat', is it? And camels DID go thru 'eyes of needles' - a term widely thought to be a narrow, after-hours gate into a city. Camel owners would not 'unpack' their beasts; just try to shove them thru, hanging on to their goods. In the same way, a man of large amounts of money can be hindered for his unwilling to 'lay down his wares' so to speak. :)

I would think Jesus would be a Republican, you know, since Democrats are becoming obsessed with purging His likeness and name from the public square.

-=d=- said:
Jesus was all about 'less' government (Church) in man's life...That's not very 'democrat', is it? And camels DID go thru 'eyes of needles' - a term widely thought to be a narrow, after-hours gate into a city. Camel owners would not 'unpack' their beasts; just try to shove them thru, hanging on to their goods. In the same way, a man of large amounts of money can be hindered for his unwilling to 'lay down his wares' so to speak. :)

Actually D, the eye of the needle story is just a story made up by a presbyterian minister in scotland about a century or so ago. It makes for a great sermon but its entirely untrue.

theim said:
I would think Jesus would be a Republican, you know, since Democrats are becoming obsessed with purging His likeness and name from the public square.

Personally i think Christ would transcend politics.

-=d=- said:

I feel Mr. Robertson is a few sandwiches short of a pick-nick.

First off, it's Mr. ROBERTSON and secondly, he never said "send me a million or God will kill me" that was Oral Roberts... ;)

For thoes who know the scripture.
Was there a council or meeting in Heaven between God, Christ and Satan? If so which side did Christ stand on and which side did Satan stand. (meaning right hand or left hand)

White knight said:
Was there a council or meeting in Heaven between God, Christ and Satan? If so which side did Christ stand on and which side did Satan stand. (meaning right hand or left hand)

Not sure exactly what your saying but the scriptures are clear that Christ stands on the right side of God.`

White knight said:

I think you are refering to Mormon teachings. The Mormon church teaches that God wanted a plan for salvation, and Jesus and Lucifer both presented one. God picked Jesus' plan, Lucifer got pissed and became Satan/the devil, out to sabotage the plan. It is not a Biblical story, and has no creedence (sp?) in the Christian Church.

I thought the bible made refrences to somebody on the right of God and somebody on the left of God. I think it was the story when Chist rose to heaven and just before the devil was cast to the earth. Was there any mention of this?

Forum List

Back