Roberts Justice or Injustice

Not sure if anyone has cover this but I would like to discuss the last part of Roberts reason for ruling for obamacare

“ It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

Read more: Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts did right in saving Obamacare - NY Daily News

OK Roberts if it's not your job and voting doesn't doesn't help the people who do we turn too? Guns?
He's right. His job is not to be an activist. The Balance of Power works when each Branch knows and operates within their limits. One self-proclaimed constitutional scholar should know that, too.

Roberts' job is to protect us all from ensuring the integrity of the Constitution, as the Constitution orders.

If you read Ginsberg's part of the opinion, she DOESN'T get that. Yikes.

Anyway, as a general observation, I see a lot on the left hate this ruling and a lot on the right hate this ruling. If I knew nothing else about it, I would say those are good signs.

Last edited:
Here's Robert's comment again
“ It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

What do you do when your vote doesn't count? What do you do when you can't seek justice from justice because the political elite join together and give you two mirror images of each other?
Why does big money contribute to both party's? Your vote does not count, So what do you turn too When you here a Justice say what he said?
Your vote counted! It just so happens that your vote was in the MINORITY and the MINORITY does not win in voting. See, the way it works is, if you have MORE votes, you win. If you have FEWER votes, you lose.

And the courts rule on the constitutionality of laws, not the POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES of the laws.

It counted for what the political elite wanted not what I wanted.
That's how I felt when the vote to invade Iraq happened. And when Reagan dismantled PATCO. And when Bush 43 rolled back EPA regulations. And when the SCOTUS ruled in favor of Citizens United. And when the Clinton administration signed the NAFTA treaty.

What I did not do was cede my dignity and act like a cry baby loser sitting in the ditch along side the road and wondering how it all went to dreadfully wrong.

I can't report you for being a poseur. Boring and full of shit I can't even report.

No not to the mods to the secret service,

I'm virtually positive they don't care that you're a poseur, either.

Well then shut up. Let's just say I got to know the U.S. Marshal while I was redoing the plumbing at the federal court house a while back they know me. We go to the range from time to time.

No not to the mods to the secret service,

I'm virtually positive they don't care that you're a poseur, either.

Well then shut up. Let's just say I got to know the U.S. Marshal while I was redoing the plumbing at the federal court house a while back they know me. We go to the range from time to time.

bcuzshutup.png

Not sure if anyone has cover this but I would like to discuss the last part of Roberts reason for ruling for Obamacare

Read more: Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts did right in saving Obamacare - NY Daily News

OK Roberts if it's not your job and voting doesn't doesn't help the people who do we turn too? Guns?

I think that is the most potent judicial opinion I have ever heard! I, too, think the Chief Justice is simply letting the people lie on the beds they made - http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...f-justice-john-roberts-voted-4-obamacare.html

Not sure if anyone has cover this but I would like to discuss the last part of Roberts reason for ruling for Obamacare

I think that is the most potent judicial opinion I have ever heard! I, too, think the Chief Justice is simply letting the people lie on the beds they made - http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...f-justice-john-roberts-voted-4-obamacare.html
The problem I see with this is the majority of Americans did not want this So should the majority be punished for the foolishness of the minority?

The problem I see with this is the majority of Americans did not want this So should the majority be punished for the foolishness of the minority?

What majority are you talking about? I just told you ACA is extension of Patriot Act II and MEHPA. If you put majority from Patriot Act II, from MEHPA and from ACA, then you get a real American majority.

Aren't you more concerned with what Roberts said more than anything else?

Reb i would think that any case that goes before the Court that was because of our Political choices should be kicked out.....they should not be able to rule on it.....is that not what he is saying?.....

It seems most are still running the government, so where do you turn when a justice just said the courts is not the place for you.
Chuck Norris?.....

Not sure if anyone has cover this but I would like to discuss the last part of Roberts reason for ruling for obamacare

It’s not a matter of ‘turning to’ anything, it’s a matter of turning away from conservative dogma.

The ACA is the consequence of the right’s refusal to consider any type of healthcare reform at all, particularly with regard to their refusal to address the issue of uninsured individuals. So a market-based republican plan from the early 90s was brought out, tweaked, and implemented to at least provide as much coverage for as many as possible.

Look in the mirror as whom to blame for the ACA.

Had republicans worked in good faith with democrats, in a responsible manner to develop a single-payer system, there’d be no need for the ACA.

I would never have guessed the outcome and I guess most people feel the same. Roberts always reminded me of the rich Catholic boy who had things too easy, and didn't have an ounce of empathy in his soul. While it is hard to judge the whys of his decision, the internal working of the person, the outcome is simply great. America joins the world in an area in which we have traveled far behind. Consider only the number of lost lives caused by illnesses that are not a life choice, no more sick children with conditions every parent anguishes over, no more personal bankruptcies, a phenomenon only known in America, and you have to say bravo Chief Justice.

add comment. Why is it so many consider law fits their narrative of the world? Law fits what works, precedent, change, progress, etc etc etc. Get over it, the conservative narrative of imaginary law lost.

"Nor would it be enough to give someone "on the outside" a set of definitions because in order to grasp the meaning of an individual term, you must already have grasped the general activity in relation to which it could be thought to be meaningful... an understanding that operates above or across situations--would have no place in the world even if it were available, because it is only in situations--with their interested specifications as to what counts as a fact, what it is possible to say, what will be heard as an argument--that one is called on to understand." Stanley Fish, 'Is There a Text in This Class?'

Regardless of how you feel about the ruling doesn't his comments bring concern to you?

Put them in context reb, not as a standalone sentence..

It’s not a matter of ‘turning to’ anything, it’s a matter of turning away from conservative dogma.

The ACA is the consequence of the right’s refusal to consider any type of healthcare reform at all, particularly with regard to their refusal to address the issue of uninsured individuals. So a market-based republican plan from the early 90s was brought out, tweaked, and implemented to at least provide as much coverage for as many as possible.

Look in the mirror as whom to blame for the ACA.

Had republicans worked in good faith with democrats, in a responsible manner to develop a single-payer system, there’d be no need for the ACA.

You don't fucking get it you stupid mother fucking son of a bitch only liberals wanted obamacare. single payer was dead at the suggestion of it.

I would never have guessed the outcome and I guess most people feel the same. Roberts always reminded me of the rich Catholic boy who had things too easy, and didn't have an ounce of empathy in his soul. While it is hard to judge the whys of his decision, the internal working of the person, the outcome is simply great. America joins the world in an area in which we have traveled far behind. Consider only the number of lost lives caused by illnesses that are not a life choice, no more sick children with conditions every parent anguishes over, no more personal bankruptcies, a phenomenon only known in America, and you have to say bravo Chief Justice.

add comment. Why is it so many consider law fits their narrative of the world? Law fits what works, precedent, change, progress, etc etc etc. Get over it, the conservative narrative of imaginary law lost.

"Nor would it be enough to give someone "on the outside" a set of definitions because in order to grasp the meaning of an individual term, you must already have grasped the general activity in relation to which it could be thought to be meaningful... an understanding that operates above or across situations--would have no place in the world even if it were available, because it is only in situations--with their interested specifications as to what counts as a fact, what it is possible to say, what will be heard as an argument--that one is called on to understand." Stanley Fish, 'Is There a Text in This Class?'

Regardless of how you feel about the ruling doesn't his comments bring concern to you?

Put them in context reb, not as a standalone sentence..

It was in context but I have a better understanding of it now. We Americans are fools and have allowed liberals to much ground. It's do or die now

Forum List

Back