Roberts is a dictatorial monster

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
what he just said is the govt can force a person to do anything by taxing the living hell out of them if they dont. to me, roberts is the biggest jackass in american history.

Roberts is a man of conviction.

He chose the law over his own ideology.

It is doubly meritorious, as he could have easily rationalized ideology and been the hero.

Instead, he followed his conscience, knowing it would make him hated by his fellow conservatives...

For that he should be venerated...not reviled.

Last edited:
what he just said is the govt can force a person to do anything by taxing the living hell out of them if they dont. to me, roberts is the biggest jackass in american history.

how many loony toon threads were you planning on doing about roberts?

let us know, mmmkay?

just so we know when your meltdown is over.

It is doubly meritorious, a he could have rationalized ideology and been the hero.

Instead, he did his duty...and for that he should be venerated...not reviled.

Yep. Gotta agree.

Roberts followed the letter of the law. The mandate is unconstitutional. Taxing isn't.

Roberts, IMHO, just handed the election to Romney and the GOP.

Way ta go Roberts.

It is doubly meritorious, a he could have rationalized ideology and been the hero.

Yep. Gotta agree.

Roberts followed the letter of the law. The mandate is unconstitutional. Taxing isn't.

Way ta go Roberts.

the mandate was upheld.

you're really not understanding the decision.

I don't like their decision at all, but i think Roberts did what he had to do.

Besides, it's not the end of the world. He's paved the way for this to still be repealed, and it will be. Too many people were against Obamacare and now the conservatives will come out in droves on election day. He's fired them up by doing this and Obama will be out on his ass.

If people keep Obama in the White House then you probably will see more of this happening...and yes, maybe even more mandates to force us to pay for something we shouldn't have to pay for. He'll just suck everyone dry!

Instead, he followed his conscience, knowing it would make hated by his fellow conservatives...

For that he should be venerated...not reviled.

Great opinion piece from Eric over at Red State stating why he's not going to denigrate Roberts judgement.

I personally believe the decision is a true gift to conservatives. Roberts clearly stated that it was a tax. That just made the judgement all together too sweet. :D

Basically he's loaded us for bear. We should be sending him thank you letters for that ammo.

Here's just a smidge of the article. I'll give a link.

" Finally, while I am not down on John Roberts like many of you are today, i will be very down on Congressional Republicans if they do not now try to shut down the individual mandate.

Force the Democrats on the record about the mandate. Defund Obamacare. This now, by necessity, is a political fight and the GOP sure as hell should fight.

60% of Americans agree with them on the issue. And guess what? The Democrats have been saying for a while that individual pieces of Obamacare are quite popular.

With John Roberts’ opinion, the repeal fight takes place on GOP turf, not Democrat turf. The all or nothing repeal has always been better ground for the GOP and now John Roberts has forced everyone onto that ground.

Oh, and as I mentioned earlier, because John Roberts concluded it was a tax, the Democrats cannot filibuster its repeal because of the same reconciliation procedure the Democrats used to pass it.

I’m Not Down on John Roberts | RedState

Last edited:

Government now can tax you for NOT doing something. Very bad. :( It did limit the government within the "commerce cause" a little, but what was the last time this government took the wording seriously of anything to do with limits?.

Last edited:

The government could do that BEFORE the Obamacare law, Sarah. This decision did not change that.

Hate to spam, but here are a few things I have read over the last 24 hours:

1. It makes the Obamacare law easy to repeal. Since it is a tax legally now, there can be no filibuster to defeat a repeal in the Senate, so the GOP only needs 51 votes now not 60.

2. It struck down individual mandates. An individual mandate can have many kinds of penalties from house arrest to property forfeiture to jail time, but since Roberts accepted the Obama argument that this was a tax, the only 'penalty that can be assessed in this case is a fine and it can pass in the form of a tax increas for everyone that buying the insurance allows you to be exempt from. This is a huge decision in favor of individual rights.

3. This decision has made the law a plain out right tax increase, making Obama the unsurpassed record holder for tax hikes in US history, as well as for deficit creation.

4. Lastly, but most importantly, he struck down the Medicaid withdrawal for states that opt out, saying that such laws are unconstitutional and violate the Tenth Amendment. This is the by far the biggest set back to the growth of federal power since the Civil War. Now if Congress passes another law like the mandatory seat belt law which penalized a state by witholding its highway funds if they didnt make seat belts mandatory, the states can take it to court arguing that in the Obamacare decision these kind of penalties are unconstitutional. This just cut the domestic testicles from DC as a power center, and we are going to see states act much more autonomously from now on.

Government now can tax you for NOT doing something. Very bad. :( It did limit the government within the "commerce cause" a little, but what was the last time this government took the wording seriously of anything to do with limits?.

It could before the OBamacare decision anyway.

Goes like this.

Congress passes a tax increas of say $2000 per person. But if you buy a widget, you can deduct that $2000 from your taxes.

Bingo, a threat of a fine if you dont buy a widget.

But with Roberts deicision THAT IS ALL THEY CAN DO. They cant take you home, throw you into prison or put your kids in foster care or a million other things, though they can make you pay additional taxes.

Oh my god... if it isn't girlforbush.

How are you doing? Finally found a place that will put up with your incessant bullshit, huh?

I'd recognize that stupid ass image ANYWHERE.

Yep. Gotta agree.

Way ta go Roberts.

the mandate was upheld.

The mandate was struck down; read the damned decision.

How are you doing? Finally found a place that will put up with your incessant bullshit, huh?

Why dont you stop harrassing her for posting some things you disagree with, you godamed fascist?

Why dont you stop harrassing her for posting some things you disagree with, you godamed fascist?

I'm saying hello.

Yep. Gotta agree.

Way ta go Roberts.

the mandate was upheld.

No, you're not.

The taxing power was....

...but the real message was for the public to take more care about the views of the folks they put in power.

Bye, bye Obama.

The limits on federal power to legislate for the "general welfare" remains, to this date, undefined and presumably, boundless.
James Madison, when asked if the "general welfare" clause was a grant of power, replied in 1792, in a letter to Henry Lee,
"If not only the means but the objects are unlimited, the parchment [the Constitution] should be thrown into the fire at once."
Brant, Irving “The Fourth President - A Life of James Madison,” p. 257.

Yep. Gotta agree.

Way ta go Roberts.

Notice how the decision turned out to be bad news for Obama, according to the nuts on the right,

who were 2 days ago chomping at the bit to point out how bad the news was going to be for Obama when the bill was struck down?

Don't you people have ANY desire to be taken seriously outside your own echo chamber?

Forum List

Back