Roberto Luongo not playing tomorrow at the Garden

Awwwww :lol:

Surprise, surprise.

Canucks goaltender and Marblehead native Cory Schneider told reporters Friday that he, not Roberto Luongo, will be the team’s starting goalie when Vancouver faces the Bruins Saturday in a rematch of the teams in last season Stanley Cup finals.

Luongo is coming off a shutout Wednesday against the Wild, but he had a very difficult time playing in Boston in the postseason. In three starts in Boston in the finals, he allowed 15 goals and was chased from both Games 4 and 6. He allowed five goals in the other four games at Rogers Arena.

Big Bad Blog » Not surprised to see Roberto Luongo sitting vs. Bruins

Awwwww :lol:

Surprise, surprise.

Canucks goaltender and Marblehead native Cory Schneider told reporters Friday that he, not Roberto Luongo, will be the team’s starting goalie when Vancouver faces the Bruins Saturday in a rematch of the teams in last season Stanley Cup finals.

Luongo is coming off a shutout Wednesday against the Wild, but he had a very difficult time playing in Boston in the postseason. In three starts in Boston in the finals, he allowed 15 goals and was chased from both Games 4 and 6. He allowed five goals in the other four games at Rogers Arena.

Big Bad Blog » Not surprised to see Roberto Luongo sitting vs. Bruins

Any question that he's damaged goods now?

The Bruins ripped whatever heart he had out last summer.

He's totally psyched out so now they are coddling his fragile psyche! :thup:

I don't even care if we lose tomorrow now. Luongo punking out is win enough for me!

(ok, I lied. I want to smash Vancouver and see Horton beat Rome down)

luongo-beach-ball.jpg

Actually, Schneider has played pretty well this year.

Schneider is also from the Boston area and played at BC.

So I think it is coaching genius to start him at the Gah-den!

lol yeah, that's the ticket :lol:

Quick cool story bro:

A kid that I've been training at my office went to high school with Schneider and is buddy's with him. I can't WAIT to get a lil inside info on how the Canucks REALLY felt about Luongo deciding to take a powder today.

did the sedin twins get new skirts for the game?

They did.

I hear that Marshmont got drunk and turned them both out the other night and that's why he was scratched from the Flames game.

He has no standards and a message had to be sent.

Gee, I wonder why

Maybe it was a coaching move to try and motivate the team to play better?

Either that or he couldn't pump up the tires in his bicycle :lol:

What time is it again? 4 past luongo!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rome9nipD0Q&feature=related]Roberto Luongo in "It's An Easy Save For Me" - YouTube[/ame]

Gee, I wonder why

Maybe it was a coaching move to try and motivate the team to play better?

Either that or he couldn't pump up the tires in his bicycle :lol:

What time is it again? 4 past luongo!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rome9nipD0Q&feature=related]Roberto Luongo in "It's An Easy Save For Me" - YouTube[/ame]

I think there was a whole lot of "Please coach don't make me go out there!" involved.

by the way that video isn't the interview...its a video of every goal luongo let in last year playing the bruins in the playoffs....with his line "its an easy save for me" stated each time a goal goes by him :badgrin:

I gotta hand it to those Vancouver Canucks, they sure are tough guys when it's six on one.....

So who is going to step up and fight Thornton?

And then McQuaid?

Oh, yeah, then Chara?

Come take your licks guys, we got plenty of bodies to go around....

Forum List

Back