Robert Reich: The Next Crash

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018

Although I do not agree with everything in the video...most of it I do.

And I think he makes some very good points.

• Banned
I like Robert Reich - I think he is a decent chap. But I am NOT a progressive and believe governments should look after those who cannot look after themselves. But not start huge, government programs for people (other than welfare and better healthcare for the poor). And I like tax cuts to corporations.
But I agree that the latest round of tax cuts was a joke - benefitting almost exclusively the rich. And, as he said, the rich don't spend their money...that is why they are rich. But the poor/middle class do. So cutting their taxes will help the economy FAR more than cutting taxes only for the wealthy.

Also, he completely failed to mention what to me is the number one problem - the Fed.

But, in general, I think he is right. The income/wealth disparity is getting out of hand again. And the Fed/government (both Obama's and Trump's) were/are NOT helping this. And America (and much of the West) is probably in for a HUGE 'correction'.

It's simple - NEVER bail out corporations/banks - EVER, end the Fed's ridiculous 'full employment' mandate (IOW, reduce their incredible power), cut taxes for the middle/lower classes, balance the budget by reducing military budget and waste, increase government healthcare for the poor AND STOP THE GOVERNMENT/FED FROM INTERFERING IN THE ECONOMY - no matter how bad things seem/get.

Last edited:
I'm in much agreement with you OP. Reich is slanted and occasionally hurts himself spinning the same fact as no big issue under Clinton & Obama but impending crisis under Bush & Trump.

The imbalance needs to be fixed and it will never happen naturally. I'm not going to throttle my ambition and we're unlikely to make the masses more ambitious. Nature always finds balance and wealth only gets redistributed in a limited number of ways;
1. Benevolence - less and less affordable in a globalized economy.
2. Organized Labor - in decline, unions rotted from the inside out.
3. Tax based redistribution -
4. Revolution

Not even a fair fight...But put them in the steel cage anyway.

Ron absolutely destroyed Krugman in that one. I even felt kind of bad for Krugman. He got pounded nice and good. Ron even brought up the Romans. lol.

That one is mandatory watching.

Forum List

Back