Robert Reich: I Predict An Obama-Clinton 2012 Ticket

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
My political prediction for 2012 (based on absolutely no inside information): Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden swap places. Biden becomes Secretary of State -- a position he's apparently coveted for years. And Hillary Clinton, Vice President.

So the Democratic ticket for 2012 is Obama-Clinton.

Why do I say this? Because Obama needs to stir the passions and enthusiasms of a Democratic base that's been disillusioned with his cave-ins to regressive Republicans. Hillary Clinton on the ticket can do that.

More: Robert Reich: My Political Prediction for 2012: It's Obama-Clinton

I don't think it'll happen, but it would be a good ticket and a good way to stir up some enthusiasm for the good old days.

It should be Clinton-Obama, but I'll take Obama-Clinton. Hillary is 64, so that would leave her enough time to be president in 2016 - if she wanted it.

Poor Joe, they be planning on throwing you under that Obama bus..hey it's the Chicago way dude..

wonder how much they will offer him to go quietly

I don't think it'll happen, but it would be a good ticket and a good way to stir up some enthusiasm for the good old days.

I agree. However, that would almost guarantee Obama a 2nd term.

Agreed. And like you say, if he did win re-election with Hillary as his VP, that sets her up for 2016 pretty well.

I agree. However, that would almost guarantee Obama a 2nd term.

Agreed. And like you say, if he did win re-election with Hillary as his VP, that sets her up for 2016 pretty well.

Sadly, I'm afraid she might refuse such an offer. As I recall, she made it pretty clear that she was leaving the Obama Administration at the end of his 1st term. She doesn't need the money and may not even want the fame.

If Hillary accepts after the way he and his followers treated her.

then I have even less respect for her than I already have and we will know the real reasons.....for power only..not for the good of the people

If Hillary accepts after the way he and his followers treated her.

then I have even less respect for her than I already have and we will know the real reasons.....for power only..not for the good of the people

Yeah, and we all know only Republicans are running for "the good of the people"...

It's fairly certain that Mrs. Clinton will not be Secretary Of State in the 2nd Obama term. Too much travel, which wears her out.

My political prediction for 2012 (based on absolutely no inside information): Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden swap places. Biden becomes Secretary of State -- a position he's apparently coveted for years. And Hillary Clinton, Vice President.

Why do I say this? Because Obama needs to stir the passions and enthusiasms of a Democratic base that's been disillusioned with his cave-ins to regressive Republicans. Hillary Clinton on the ticket can do that.

Cool

Poor Joe, they be planning on throwing you under that Obama bus..hey it's the Chicago way dude..

I think he would be happy with that situation. At this point, I don't think he wants to be President anymore.

I think he would be happy with that situation. At this point, I don't think he wants to be President anymore.

I like Biden, but I thought he was a poor choice for VP. I'm convinced he could never be elected president even if he wanted it. If he's half the team player I think he is, he will welcome the change from VP to Secretary of State. However, Biden as SoS is sort of scary...

I think there's a support group for people with tire marks on their backs from Obama's bus.

I cannot see Hillary joining forces with Obama. She's the one who first questioned his association with Ayers, Wright and I thought the whole birth certificate fiasco. Even if she was queen of the birthers, I'm sure the left would be okay with that.

I think there's a support group for people with tire marks on their backs from Obama's bus.

I cannot see Hillary joining forces with Obama. She's the one who first questioned his association with Ayers, Wright and I thought the whole birth certificate fiasco. Even if she was queen of the birthers, I'm sure the left would be okay with that.
I can, she accepted the appointment to Secretary of State, didn't she?

Why not?

Big o makes a hobby of blaming others and tossing people under the bus to deflect from his consistent failures of leadership.

At least someone will have a set of balls in the WH

Well, I just reported you to Attackwatch, so watch your back. Your computer may already be monitored.

Forum List

Back