Robert Redford - The Hypocrisy of Hollywood Elists

I worked at the Film Festival for years as a projectionist, so I have a unique perspective on this.

I can tell you from experience that it is the DREAM of EVERY SINGLE SUNDANCE attendee to become a sellout with a corporate studio job.

Just ask two of the most famous "graduates" Stephen Soderberg or Kevin Smith. How many "indie" films they done lately? How about the guys behind South Park who got introduced to a wide audience at Sundance? Sundance is about having your parents fund your shitty student film, in hopes that you get accepted into Sundance, so you can sell it to a studio, make big bucks and then get a job in the industry with one of the studios.

As for Redford. He walks the walk. I have personally see him eat what he provides his volunteers to eat. He his NOT an elitist, nor does he flaunt his wealth. He donates quite a bit to charities and conservation causes. He made a point to learn my name and KNEW it year to year.

But, the Sundance film festival? It's a corporate whore fest and Redford knows it.

Robert Redford: Sundance reflects the 99 percent | The Salt Lake Tribune

Yeah, right, Robby.

I'm sure that it's the "99%-ers" who are camping out at their million $$ condos, are enthusiastically shelling out $100 a pop for a day ski pass, and hanging out at the spa with their swanky pals at St. Regis, Montage and Stein Ericksen Lodge.

Sheesh, do these Hollyweird drips need to get GTF over themselves.
merged

Why? What's he doing? :confused:
Selling movies. Just like always.

Some people are jealous and butthurt over that fact.

No, Ravster.... some of us are wondering how on earth Redford is not part of this '1%'. He's a multimillionaire (like Romney), he don't do 'real work' (like Romney).... He is everything that the left complain about. Only difference is that he's a liberal.... so it really isn't about money, or how one achieves that money... so what exactly makes one a 1%? Being a wealthy conservative? What?

Rephrase that he is a fake liberal!

The biggest hipster trend in Hollywodd is to be conservative. All the conservative actors and personalities are flocking to conservative media, and have begun having thier own hoidy toidy fund raising dinners with local church leaders.

It's more popular than NASCAR out here.

Thanks! One of the few postst that added to the thread!

I worked at the Film Festival for years as a projectionist, so I have a unique perspective on this.

I can tell you from experience that it is the DREAM of EVERY SINGLE SUNDANCE attendee to become a sellout with a corporate studio job.

Just ask two of the most famous "graduates" Stephen Soderberg or Kevin Smith. How many "indie" films they done lately? How about the guys behind South Park who got introduced to a wide audience at Sundance? Sundance is about having your parents fund your shitty student film, in hopes that you get accepted into Sundance, so you can sell it to a studio, make big bucks and then get a job in the industry with one of the studios.

As for Redford. He walks the walk. I have personally see him eat what he provides his volunteers to eat. He his NOT an elitist, nor does he flaunt his wealth. He donates quite a bit to charities and conservation causes. He made a point to learn my name and KNEW it year to year.

But, the Sundance film festival? It's a corporate whore fest and Redford knows it.

Robert Redford: Sundance reflects the 99 percent | The Salt Lake Tribune

Yeah, right, Robby.

I'm sure that it's the "99%-ers" who are camping out at their million $$ condos, are enthusiastically shelling out $100 a pop for a day ski pass, and hanging out at the spa with their swanky pals at St. Regis, Montage and Stein Ericksen Lodge.

Sheesh, do these Hollyweird drips need to get GTF over themselves.

He was a decent actor who now pretends to intellectualism. Meh.

Well perhaps the 1% should just go home and take their money with em.

I'm sure th hotels, restaurants and store will appreciate Bob Redfords politics.

If I had the means I would leave this country and not come back
until it got it's head out of its ass.The tax code gets written and when
people abide by it these lefty ass clowns say that these evil people
aren't paying their fair share saying that the wealthy are evil.... what a crock.

And tonight the President using the State Of the Union to launch his re election
campaign...

you people just NEED to pick a bone with someone in hollywood to make yourselves feel like your position is worth anything. it's sad and pathetic. just because he is rich, doesn't take away his ability to call a spade a spade in this hypocritical and deeply flawed society.

Not only are the tinsel town elitists hypocrites but they flaunt their status in offensive displays of decadence and pop-culture fools eat it up. Try OH instead of OWS.

Results and reality mean nothing to liberals; they value intentions and feelings. Redford "meant" well and he had good intentions.

cognitive-dissonance-toppless.jpg

Forum List

Back