Robert Gibbs Says Liberal Critics of President Obama Should Stop Doing So Many Drugs

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Robert Gibbs Says Liberal Critics of President Obama Should Stop Doing So Many Drugs

But instead of throwing a sword into the balcony where the professional left is sitting, startling them and knocking over their goblets of wine, he's having Press Secretary Robert Gibbs question their sobriety, and sanity.

“I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested,” Gibbs said. “I mean, it’s crazy.”

The press secretary dismissed the “professional left” in terms very similar to those used by their opponents on the ideological right, saying, “They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality.”

Of those who complain that Obama caved to centrists on issues such as healthcare reform, Gibbs said: “They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.”

Updated: Robert Gibbs Says Liberal Critics of President Obama Should Stop Doing So Many Drugs -- Daily Intel

So if you disagree with Obama you are a crazy, racist drug addict now? :eusa_eh:

Labels, labels, labels.

CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

But instead of throwing a sword into the balcony where the professional left is sitting, startling them and knocking over their goblets of wine, he's having Press Secretary Robert Gibbs question their sobriety, and sanity.

“I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested,” Gibbs said. “I mean, it’s crazy.”

The press secretary dismissed the “professional left” in terms very similar to those used by their opponents on the ideological right, saying, “They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality.”

Of those who complain that Obama caved to centrists on issues such as healthcare reform, Gibbs said: “They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.”

Updated: Robert Gibbs Says Liberal Critics of President Obama Should Stop Doing So Many Drugs -- Daily Intel

So if you disagree with Obama you are a crazy, racist drug addict now? :eusa_eh:

Labels, labels, labels.

Gibbs is an asshole and he's already backpedalling like crazy on this. I won't bore you with the details of his over-long "statement" of clarification since it's just PR posturing horseshit, anyway - it's quite clear what they think of us lowly voting plebes.

Personally, I agree with the Rude Pundit's assessment of it. Here's a snippet:

Gibbs also said, "I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested. I mean, it's crazy." You really wanna have this fight? 'Cause when's the last time you called the Tea Party delusional or "crazy." And here's a hint on how to prevent liberals from saying Barack Obama is like George W. Bush: stop acting like Bush. Howzabout an easy one: don't take the same cruel positions as the Bush administration in court cases that continued after Bush was out of office. Howzabout another easy one: do something without compromising, like order a halt to any effort to drum gay soldiers out of the military. Howzabout closing Gitmo, like the President promised endlessly on the campaign trail? Howzabout not saying you have the right to murder Americans abroad at will? Howzabout recess appointing everyone the Republicans are holding up? An aggressive stance towards the GOP ain't just about words, man. Words are worthless. It's action that matters

We on the left who paid attention didn't expect Barack Obama to be our big liberal buddy Christ. We did, however, take him at his word on a number of issues, like transparency, for instance. Instead, we're supposed to be grateful that bills with the names of items on the left-wing agenda got passed. Look at this big-ass new law. It says, "Health care." Ain't that cool?

Finally, fuck you, Mr. Press Secretariat, because you should be wooing the fuck out of us. You should be trying to get in our underwear and hand job us with a smile on your face instead of treating us like a convenient punching bag because you don't want to offend the precious "real America" or whatever bullshit phrase politicians want to use to isolate and alienate us. Why? Because we're the ones that made sure you are the Press Secretary.

Gibbs said, "They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president." Do you really wanna go down that road, Bobby G?

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to see this administration screwing up with its allies. Eventually they'll have no support whatsoever.
The funny thing is the comments made about Obama are all true. He has been a leftist failure. He is being hoist by the inherent contradictions of his own candidacy.

CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

Labels, labels, labels.

The Progrssives need to calm down. All of these groups want the president to focus on them or they aren't happy. It's like the teaparty splitting the Republicans. Dumb strategy and it definately spells doom for mid terms.

Yea Leftists are pretty stupid & snotty for the most part. Probably the first and last time i will agree with anything Gibbs says. lol! :)

CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

Labels, labels, labels.

The Progrssives need to calm down. All of these groups want the president to focus on them or they aren't happy. It's like the teaparty splitting the Republicans. Dumb strategy and it definately spells doom for mid terms.

You liberals need to stop with this republican BS. Its not the party that we vote for unlike democrats I don't give a rats ass about the GOP, as do many people that do not call themself democrat. As always you should vote for the person not the party.

Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to see this administration screwing up with its allies. Eventually they'll have no support whatsoever.
The funny thing is the comments made about Obama are all true. He has been a leftist failure. He is being hoist by the inherent contradictions of his own candidacy.

He's not a leftist. He's not even a liberal. He ran as left-leaning Democrat and he's not even that.

He's a corporate shill. His health care "reform" was an abysmal joke and a wet kiss to the health insurance industry. He's continuing with the worst of Bush's policies regarding the war and torture. He favors the interests of big business over The People. First and foremost, he is concerned about his legacy which explains his astronomically stupid 'bipartisan approach' to neanderthals who would rather all fall on their own political swords than grant his administration anything it attempts to achieve.

The game is rigged. 'R'...'D'...it doesn't matter anymore. Both sides of the duopoly serve the same master and it ain't The People.

Wake up, folks.

CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

Labels, labels, labels.

You liberals need to stop with this republican BS. Its not the party that we vote for unlike democrats I don't give a rats ass about the GOP, as do many people that do not call themself democrat. As always you should vote for the person not the party.

That is not true. The GOP and their voters are in talking point heaven and in lockstep.

That is not true. The GOP and their voters are in talking point heaven and in lockstep.

So only the GOP is critical of Obama? Because honey I am a registered Dem, voted Dem in 4 Presidential elections until king Clown came around and I think this jerk is a loser.

It's true you can bet your ass on it. Republicans are not known for voting for the party like the democrats are known for. Though some Rinos have slipped under the radar but that will be remedied in due time. If George Bush was running again I wouldn't vote for him.

CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

Labels, labels, labels.

Gibbs is an asshole and he's already backpedalling like crazy on this. I won't bore you with the details of his over-long "statement" of clarification since it's just PR posturing horseshit, anyway - it's quite clear what they think of us lowly voting plebes.

Gibbs also said, "I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested. I mean, it's crazy." You really wanna have this fight? 'Cause when's the last time you called the Tea Party delusional or "crazy." And here's a hint on how to prevent liberals from saying Barack Obama is like George W. Bush: stop acting like Bush. Howzabout an easy one: don't take the same cruel positions as the Bush administration in court cases that continued after Bush was out of office. Howzabout another easy one: do something without compromising, like order a halt to any effort to drum gay soldiers out of the military. Howzabout closing Gitmo, like the President promised endlessly on the campaign trail? Howzabout not saying you have the right to murder Americans abroad at will? Howzabout recess appointing everyone the Republicans are holding up? An aggressive stance towards the GOP ain't just about words, man. Words are worthless. It's action that matters

We on the left who paid attention didn't expect Barack Obama to be our big liberal buddy Christ. We did, however, take him at his word on a number of issues, like transparency, for instance. Instead, we're supposed to be grateful that bills with the names of items on the left-wing agenda got passed. Look at this big-ass new law. It says, "Health care." Ain't that cool?

Finally, fuck you, Mr. Press Secretariat, because you should be wooing the fuck out of us. You should be trying to get in our underwear and hand job us with a smile on your face instead of treating us like a convenient punching bag because you don't want to offend the precious "real America" or whatever bullshit phrase politicians want to use to isolate and alienate us. Why? Because we're the ones that made sure you are the Press Secretary.

Gibbs said, "They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president." Do you really wanna go down that road, Bobby G?

Wow, great read! Thanks.

CaféAuLait;2600264 said:
CaféAuLait;2599681 said:

Labels, labels, labels.

Wow, great read! Thanks.

I love that avatar you're sportin'....:clap2:

It's true you can bet your ass on it. Republicans are not known for voting for the party like the democrats are known for. Though some Rinos have slipped under the radar but that will be remedied in due time. If George Bush was running again I wouldn't vote for him.

Your argument is that Democrats vote the party line and Republicans vote for each candidate on his own merit?

Rs can't even vote their own conscience in congress.. They're the party of no.

AND they're in lockstep.

Your argument is that Democrats vote the party line and Republicans vote for each candidate on his own merit?

Rs can't even vote their own conscience in congress.. They're the party of no.

AND they're in lockstep.

that is patently false and you know it

Forum List

Back