Robert C Byrd - Longest Serving KKK Member in Congress!

True or not, it's still a "yeahbut" deflection from the overtly racist Byrd.

It's not a deflection. I called Byrd's actions wrong and you know well enough from elsewhere that I've said he should resign over them. However, to sit and paint all Democrats with this while you've had an active white supremacist as your party's Senate leader in the past decade and one of top contenders for your party's nomination in 2012 is a member of the same white supremacist group, it's hypocrisy of the highest degree.

Byrd's actions were wrong, but at least he wasn't still a member of a white supremacist organization while in the Senate, which can't be said for Trett Lott, who you two adore.
You COULD start a Trent Lott thread, instead of trolling and deflecting in this one.

This thread is about Robert Byrd. Try to keep up. "Mom, the other kid did it too" is the weakest defense/deflection tactic there is. It never worked, even on Mom.
^^^^^^
Ditto.

It's not a deflection. I called Byrd's actions wrong and you know well enough from elsewhere that I've said he should resign over them. However, to sit and paint all Democrats with this while you've had an active white supremacist as your party's Senate leader in the past decade and one of top contenders for your party's nomination in 2012 is a member of the same white supremacist group, it's hypocrisy of the highest degree.

Damn it polk now your getting all logical and making sense on me.....how can i give you a hard time for such a good post :razz:

EDIT: Who is this top contender?

Last edited:
Byrd's actions were wrong
You could have left it right there, without the "yeahbut" deflection defense, and still not get kicked out of the cult.

They won't kick you out of the Obama cult for simply being honest, and moving on without qualification. They'll even let you stay in the cult if you ignore these type of threads!

You really don't have to kneejerk-defend everything. Just because your cult leader is the most thin-skinned weasel lout in history doesn't mean you HAVE to follow that lead.:badgrin:

Byrd LONG ago disavowed his association with the KKK. He has unequivocally denounced that organization. The people of his state accept that apology and keep reelecting him. If you all are so damned upset about him being in the senate, then, by all means, move to West-by-God-Virginia and run against him next time!:razz:

Trent Lott, on the other hand, said just six years ago that America would be a better place TODAY if AMerica had elected a racist segregationist as president in 1948... and republicans LOVE him.

go figure.

byrd long ago disavowed his association with the kkk. He has unequivocally denounced that organization. The people of his state accept that apology and keep reelecting him. If you all are so damned upset about him being in the senate, then, by all means, move to west-by-god-virginia and run against him next time!:razz:

Trent lott [sic], ....
[Emphasis added] LMFAO!!!!!! It would have been better to just make an entry and say 'I'm stupid, too'. More efficient.

Last edited:
Byrd LONG ago disavowed his association with the KKK. He has unequivocally denounced that organization. The people of his state accept that apology and keep reelecting him. If you all are so damned upset about him being in the senate, then, by all means, move to West-by-God-Virginia and run against him next time!:razz:
You could have left it right there, without the "yeahbut" deflection defense, and still not get kicked out of the cult.

They won't kick you out of the Obama cult for simply being honest, and moving on without qualification. They'll even let you stay in the cult if you ignore these type of threads!

You really don't have to kneejerk-defend everything. Just because your cult leader is the most thin-skinned weasel lout in history doesn't mean you HAVE to follow that lead.:badgrin:

gee I wonder how many of those in here condemning Byrd for his past activities with the kkk that he has apologized for and moved away from consider themselves followers and believers of a man who supposedly forgave all sins and taught about salvation and redemption?

gee I wonder how many of those in here condemning Byrd for his past activities with the kkk that he has apologized for and moved away from consider themselves followers and believers of a man who supposedly forgave all sins and taught about salvation and redemption?

not me (the whole jesus thing i mean)

What's even more unbelievable is how African American Democrats and liberals seriously believe that this so-called "former Klansman" changed.

Last edited:
What's even more unbelievable id how African American Democrats and liberals seriously believe that this so-called "former Klansman" changed.

Yep... What do you want to bet if Trent Lott said he has changed, these people would be the first to call "bullsh!t"..

The majority of lefties are hypocrites... Period

Damn it polk now your getting all logical and making sense on me.....how can i give you a hard time for such a good post :razz:

EDIT: Who is this top contender?

Haley Barbour.

More of the typical hypocrisy from the right on display. You're going to rag on Byrd for something from decades ago, but don't anyone dare point out your party is still actively engaged in it. Then you take it a step further, saying anyone who support Obama is part of a cult, when your party still spends it's primary debates seeing who can give Reagan's corpse the longest blowjob.

Ronald Reagan...one of the most popular Democrat Presidents we've ever had!

Indeed
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRUbwnkEPqc&feature=related]YouTube - Ronald Reagan`s Funny answer[/ame]
:badgrin:

Yep...and by the logic at the beginning of this thread, he was STILL a Democrat.

Forum List

Back