Robbing the poor and giving to the wealthy, the GOP HI plan:

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
The Department of Justice Believes United Healthcare Is Defrauding Medicare

United Healthcare, the largest provider of Medicare Advantage (MA plans) services, is being sued by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for fraud. To give you a sense of United Healthcare’s size consider that just their third quarter revenue was $46.3 billion, up 11.6 per cent from the same period a year earlier, and the bulk of the growth was billing services and data analysis for healthcare groups, which ws up 34 percent since the beginning of 2016.

And to get a sense of the concern about the DOJ joining a whistle-blower lawsuit, consider this

The Department of Justice Believes United Healthcare Is Defrauding Medicare | American Council on Science and Health

The CEO of UnitedHealth, Higgins pointed out, alone made $66 million last year.

"We're sitting here talking about giving big insurance companies a tax break on the exorbitant compensation to pay their executives?" Higgins said. "We should repeal this provision and replace it with an admonishment to the insurance companies to get your salaries in line with reality."

That provision, however, represents just a small fraction of the approximately $600 billion in revenue it is estimated the government would lose if the GOP Obamacare replacement plan was implemented. Much of those costs would come from the repeal of ACA-related taxes, which disproportionately affect wealthier Americans.

"So, essentially, what we have here to kick off ... is a beginning of a huge giveaway to the very, very wealthy, a huge giveaway, and the silence from the other side I would think indicates deep embarrassment, if possible," Levin said, referring to Republicans on the committee.

"Six hundred billion, with the vast majority going to wealthy families. That describes so vividly the mistake with this bill, and will emphasize those who are going to lose their benefits and their insurance coverage, millions and millions, while billions are going to the very few," Levin said. "That's really what this all about."

Outrage over $400 million tax break for insurance executives under GOP Obamacare replacement plan

Taking from the poor and lower middle class and giving it to the wealthy, while UH is scamming Medicare
We need to get rid of these insurance companies, and many of the GOP.

th

As compared to robbing from a large group of citizens by mandating that they purchase a health care policy they could not afford along with driving the costs of health care policies even higher for those who could barely afford it in the first place when the Obamacare was instituted.

Not seeing much of a difference as to who is doing the robbing except the health care industry with government assistance.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Would a take over of the insurance companies by the feds (placing them into the government workforce), and this so they would become case workers for every individual taxpaying American citizen in order to make sure that their healthcare accounts are managed correctly or more fairly, uh be the right move ? Then the government would just issue every red blooded American a healthcare card to use at any certified medical healthcare facilty, doctor's office or hospital in which the federal government has vetted, and then certified to service the American citizen. A deduction would show up on every working citizen's paycheck stub in the amount that would suffice the situation. Example: (Healthcare Services) HCS - $23.00 a week deducted or less as the system is tweaked and worked out over time. The disabled, elderly or unemployed would be taken care of on a separate plan as would be associated with the worker plan. That plan could be worked out easily as well.

th

As compared to robbing from a large group of citizens by mandating that they purchase a health care policy they could not afford along with driving the costs of health care policies even higher for those who could barely afford it in the first place when the Obamacare was instituted.

Not seeing much of a difference as to who is doing the robbing except the health care industry with government assistance.

*****SMILE*****

So you think you do not need insurance, or is it just being told to get it, or do you have it through work so it doesn't affect you? That is correct , HI was sky high before the ACA and the insurance companies got to raise the rates and decide what care you got before the ACA, which is why we need the ACA.

th

*****SMILE*****

So you think you do not need insurance, or is it just being told to get it, or do you have it through work so it doesn't affect you? That is correct , HI was sky high before the ACA and the insurance companies got to raise the rates and decide what care you got before the ACA, which is why we need the ACA.
. Slow down and write more accurate.

Would a take over of the insurance companies by the feds (placing them into the government workforce), and this so they would become case workers for every individual taxpaying American citizen in order to make sure that their healthcare accounts are managed correctly or more fairly, uh be the right move ? Then the government would just issue every red blooded American a healthcare card to use at any certified medical healthcare facilty, doctor's office or hospital in which the federal government has vetted, and then certified to service the American citizen. A deduction would show up on every working citizen's paycheck stub in the amount that would suffice the situation. Example: (Healthcare Services) HCS - $23.00 a week deducted or less as the system is tweaked and worked out over time. The disabled, elderly or unemployed would be taken care of on a separate plan as would be associated with the worker plan. That plan could be worked out easily as well.

Yes I think so, many healthcare data entry positions, because we can no longer afford the CEO costs and the insurance industries. Either the ACA or Universal Care, either way insurance companies can't be let go like before the ACA. Cigna CEO 13 million last year, which would be a tax deduction, Aetna CEO 17 million, BCBS of MI also 17 million. All Tax write offs. That money alone would pay for data entry positions , not to mention the income of the insurance companies. How many employees do they have.

Then with every statement you need to call them and talk about your bill, charging for dye injection when none was given for a ct scan , just an example. To give the insurance companies free range again would be a CRIME.

th

*****SMILE*****

yeah I get to pay for "care" I don't need or will never use that increases my costs

Yes I think so, many healthcare data entry positions, because we can no longer afford the CEO costs and the insurance industries. Either the ACA or Universal Care, either way insurance companies can't be let go like before the ACA. Cigna CEO 13 million last year, which would be a tax deduction, Aetna CEO 17 million, BCBS of MI also 17 million. All Tax write offs. That money alone would pay for data entry positions , not to mention the income of the insurance companies. How many employees do they have.

Then with every statement you need to call them and talk about your bill, charging for dye injection when none was given for a ct scan , just an example. To give the insurance companies free range again would be a CRIME.
. There definitely was a problem leading up to the ACA, and that is why people wanted change, and something more sensible, manageable, affordable, and most importantly understandable. The Democrats wasted a great opportunity to make history with something that would work for all Americans, and now here we are at another impass. I think my idea makes sense for all, but of course you have the profiteers who will fight to keep their golden cafe spit shined, and gleeming purdy while we are all used like the disrespected imbeciles they figure us all to be.

th

*****SMILE*****

yeah I get to pay for "care" I don't need or will never use that increases my costs
. You won't ever need care skull ?? I'm for a plan that brings the cost down, yet brings the quality of care up, and gives the same access for everyone. It can be done, but I do agree that if you are healthy that your cost shouldn't keep going up, up, up in order to keep a basic plan of need going. This huge wealth transfer scheme Obama and company created was wrong headed just like most of his ideas were also, because they were predicated on the same ways of thinking.

th

*****SMILE*****

. You won't ever need care skull ?? I'm for a plan that brings the cost down, yet brings the quality of care up, and gives the same access for everyone. It can be done, but I do agree that if you are healthy that your cost shouldn't keep going up, up, up in order to keep a basic plan of need going. This huge wealth transfer scheme Obama and company created was wrong headed just like most of his ideas were also, because they were predicated on the same ways of thinking.

I do not need obstetric and pre and postnatal care, neither does my wife
I do not need drug, alcohol or mental health counseling neither does my wife
I do not need pediatric oral and vision care neither does my wife

yet I have to pay for an insurance plan that covers these services I do not need and will never use and you say my insurance is lower than it would be if I wasn't paying for coverage on services I don't use and will never need

This is the very shit that fucking ticks me off!
The whole entire lot of them need to go!

I've been saying the problems are with
the insurance companies and organized health care providers

No requirement to purchase pediatric dental and vision unless you're under 19 or have kids. If you tacked it on then that is on you.

th

*****SMILE*****

yet I have to pay for an insurance plan that covers these services I do not need and will never use and you say my insurance is lower than it would be if I wasn't paying for coverage on services I don't use and will never need
. Hmmm, now what did you say I said at the end of your post ? Granted you don't need the things you mentioned, but don't you realize that you are participating in pools that are supposed to keep cost low for everyone in the pool ? What do you think healthcare would look like in cost if no one opted for it, and therefore decided to sit back until something goes wrong ?? Insurance has to create and manage pools of people due to diversity in risk right ? So if you hold out, and then you realize that something is coming on that might be bad, do you run out and get a policy only to immediately use that policy to cushion a catastrophic event in your life ? What does that do to the will of private insurance to take on new clients ?? Everyone needs coverage, and risk need to be spread out in order to make a system work, but Obamacare wasn't that answer.

No requirement to purchase pediatric dental and vision unless you're under 19 or have kids. If you tacked it on then that is on you.
. These things (dental & vision) should be included in one healthcare policy, not a person having to buy additional coverage for these things. It is ridiculous that such things aren't part of your policy for your overall health when they are part of your overall health.

Last edited:
Actually under the Trump proposals everybody gets a tax break.

The rich get a 14% tax break.

The non-rich get a 1% tax break.

Reaganomics and trickle-down all over again.

History is repeating itself again.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

No one would need health care INSURANCE if you progressives had simply nationalized the health care industry instead of lining their pockets by a unconstitutional government mandate to purchase something from a private business just because someone happens to be breathing.

Otherwise you'd best start mandating that they spend so much a month on food, housing, clothing, and utilities, so you're sure everyone has those things too.

After all if you progressives are going to worry about the general welfare of all then let's start at the base of Maslow's Pyramid and work our way up.

*****SMILE*****

th

*****SMILE*****

. Hmmm, now what did you say I said at the end of your post ? Granted you don't need the things you mentioned, but don't you realize that you are participating in pools that are supposed to keep cost low for everyone in the pool ? What do you think healthcare would look like in cost if no one opted for it, and therefore decided to sit back until something goes wrong ?? Insurance has to create and manage pools of people due to diversity in risk right ? So if you hold out, and then you realize that something is coming on that might be bad, do you run out and get a policy only to immediately use that policy to cushion a catastrophic event in your life ? What does that do to the will of private insurance to take on new clients ?? Everyone needs coverage, and risk need to be spread out in order to make a system work, but Obamacare wasn't that answer.

you said Obamacare was bringing down my cost of insurance
clearly it hasn't because I am wasting money paying for things I do not need and will never use

So you want me to feel good about paying more so someone else cam pay less?

There are enough people who want, need and will gladly pay for those services that it is unnecessary to force people to pay for things they do not need want and will ever use

I might as well be forced to burn my money

Last edited:
The Department of Justice Believes United Healthcare Is Defrauding Medicare

United Healthcare, the largest provider of Medicare Advantage (MA plans) services, is being sued by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for fraud. To give you a sense of United Healthcare’s size consider that just their third quarter revenue was $46.3 billion, up 11.6 per cent from the same period a year earlier, and the bulk of the growth was billing services and data analysis for healthcare groups, which ws up 34 percent since the beginning of 2016.

And to get a sense of the concern about the DOJ joining a whistle-blower lawsuit, consider this

The Department of Justice Believes United Healthcare Is Defrauding Medicare | American Council on Science and Health

The CEO of UnitedHealth, Higgins pointed out, alone made $66 million last year.

"We're sitting here talking about giving big insurance companies a tax break on the exorbitant compensation to pay their executives?" Higgins said. "We should repeal this provision and replace it with an admonishment to the insurance companies to get your salaries in line with reality."

That provision, however, represents just a small fraction of the approximately $600 billion in revenue it is estimated the government would lose if the GOP Obamacare replacement plan was implemented. Much of those costs would come from the repeal of ACA-related taxes, which disproportionately affect wealthier Americans.

"So, essentially, what we have here to kick off ... is a beginning of a huge giveaway to the very, very wealthy, a huge giveaway, and the silence from the other side I would think indicates deep embarrassment, if possible," Levin said, referring to Republicans on the committee.

"Six hundred billion, with the vast majority going to wealthy families. That describes so vividly the mistake with this bill, and will emphasize those who are going to lose their benefits and their insurance coverage, millions and millions, while billions are going to the very few," Levin said. "That's really what this all about."

Outrage over $400 million tax break for insurance executives under GOP Obamacare replacement plan

Taking from the poor and lower middle class and giving it to the wealthy, while UH is scamming Medicare
We need to get rid of these insurance companies, and many of the GOP.

55372391.jpg

. These things (dental & vision) should be included in one healthcare policy, not a person having to buy additional coverage for these things. It is ridiculous that such things aren't part of your policy for your overall health when they are part of your overall health.

Medicare does not pay dental, eye glasses or hearing aids, 3 things the aged do need. I agree, these three things are very important for health and even learning, I do believe Medicaid covers all the above though.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

No one would need health care INSURANCE if you progressives had simply nationalized the health care industry instead of lining their pockets by a unconstitutional government mandate to purchase something from a private business just because someone happens to be breathing.

Otherwise you'd best start mandating that they spend so much a month on food, housing, clothing, and utilities, so you're sure everyone has those things too.

After all if you progressives are going to worry about the general welfare of all then let's start at the base of Maslow's Pyramid and work our way up.

*****SMILE*****

So its the mandate, I suspected as much. Do you pay FICA, that is a mandate and it does not help you unless disable or old, so while most hate mandates, think of it as just another thing you have to pay. Why should the rest of us foot your medical bills because you do not want to purchase insurance.

I agree we need universal Health care and no insurance companies.

Forum List

Back