robbers wearing hoodie.. ABC News..

Did any of the robbers look like a U.S. Congressman?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lbQWkposK0]US Congressman Bobby Rush wears hoodie and sunglasses in the House - YouTube[/ame]

Hooded jackets broadcast "thug" when worn by minorities.

"Hoodies are a defensive piece of apparel," wrote Bob Munson, a teacher at Taft High School in Woodland Hills, where "students wear hoodies when the temperature is 110 in the shade."
Across town at USC, a campus awash with hoodie-wearing students, professor Todd Boyd found that stereotype demeaning.

The focus on hoodies in Trayvon's death is "insulting and utterly irrelevant," said Boyd, who teaches about race, media and hip-hop culture in USC's School of Cinematic Arts.

"Hoodies are a generic item of clothing," sold at swap meets, the Gap and Neiman Marcus, he noted. "It's not the hoodie; it's the assumptions that people project onto the wearer of the hoodie that matter.
From wardrobe staple to symbol of urban terror - Los Angeles Times

DUH!!! another reason why academe can't be trusted! The idiot teacher doesn't get it!
So let's get basic...
NOT all people wearing hoodies are gangsters/thugs.
Most people wearing a hoodie in 80 degrees are not going to rob.
BUT based on the anecdotal ABC clips.. most of the robbers were blacks wearing hoodies to keep from being identified... and that 's a FACT JACK!

Jackson Calls On Blacks To Wear Hoddies To Polling Places, Says “We Are Finally Going To Get This Guy Zimmerman”…
Keep fanning those flames, Jesse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddhELjbuwY]Trayvon Hoodie - Jesse Jackson - Wear a Hoodie to VOTE - YouTube[/ame]

Were they able to get these drugs legally? Or did they get them illegally because that was the only way?

Off hand, they couldn't get a doctor to prescribe them or they intend to sell them. Should no drugs be subject to limitation? I'm not going to say it shouldn't happen but should say, percoset be available like aspirn? Cancer requires some pretty powerful pain killers, should those be available at 7-11? If they are, would that mean no one would ever rob a 7-11 to get them?

Nope, they should be regulated just like cigs and alcohol.

But i'd rather have them sold and benefit the american economy without a crime taking place, then have them stolen and sold by gang bangers and terrorists.

Do you think that a pharmacy would never be robbed for drugs if these drugs were widely available? Should they be available to minors or should minors just get them from street dealers?

I have no objection to prescription drugs being widely available. Death from prescription drugs is the second leading cause of death to the tune of 26,000 a year. This is actually good news because it eliminates 26,000 addicts off the streets.

http://www.prescriptiondrugaddiction.com/pdf/RxAddictionPressKit-PDF.pdf

Thank you!
Yes instead of working to get the black on black crime mountain whittled down, Jesse goes where the cameras are working hard to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

"6 days ago – Three months into 2012, Chicago has seen 114 homicides, representing a 35 percent spike in the city's murder rate compared to the same ..."

Chicago Murder Statistics
and most black on black!

Off hand, they couldn't get a doctor to prescribe them or they intend to sell them. Should no drugs be subject to limitation? I'm not going to say it shouldn't happen but should say, percoset be available like aspirn? Cancer requires some pretty powerful pain killers, should those be available at 7-11? If they are, would that mean no one would ever rob a 7-11 to get them?

But i'd rather have them sold and benefit the american economy without a crime taking place, then have them stolen and sold by gang bangers and terrorists.

Do you think that a pharmacy would never be robbed for drugs if these drugs were widely available? Should they be available to minors or should minors just get them from street dealers?

I have no objection to prescription drugs being widely available. Death from prescription drugs is the second leading cause of death to the tune of 26,000 a year. This is actually good news because it eliminates 26,000 addicts off the streets.

Of course it wouldn't end robbery of prescription drugs, but i think it would lessen it.

Shouldn't be available to minors, when i was a minor it was a lot easier for me to get illegal drugs like marijuana or cocaine, than it was cigs and alcohol. Just as an fyi i've never done mj or coke.

As you see, even with the drug war it's easy for addicts to get drugs, get addicted and die. My view is we should use their money to benefit the american economy, rather than drug dealers/thugs/drug lords and Al Qaeda.

Thank you!
Yes instead of working to get the black on black crime mountain whittled down, Jesse goes where the cameras are working hard to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

"6 days ago – Three months into 2012, Chicago has seen 114 homicides, representing a 35 percent spike in the city's murder rate compared to the same ..."

Chicago Murder Statistics
and most black on black!

Ironically, many occur in Cong. Rush's district. Also, I forget, whose Mayor of Chicago now? (and why does he do little about this?).

Of course it wouldn't end robbery of prescription drugs, but i think it would lessen it.

Shouldn't be available to minors, when i was a minor it was a lot easier for me to get illegal drugs like marijuana or cocaine, than it was cigs and alcohol. Just as an fyi i've never done mj or coke.

As you see, even with the drug war it's easy for addicts to get drugs, get addicted and die. My view is we should use their money to benefit the american economy, rather than drug dealers/thugs/drug lords and Al Qaeda.

The solution then is to let them get addicted and die, only more quickly so they don't do as much damage to others.

Teens have no problem getting alcohol. Teen binge parties are legendary.

The solution then is to let them get addicted and die, only more quickly so they don't do as much damage to others.

Teens have no problem getting alcohol. Teen binge parties are legendary.

They already get addicted and die, again drug war or not that makes no difference. They can either get addicted and die and have americans taxed to high hell to do it, or they can just get addicted and die without the taxes.

When i was teen marijuana smoking was 100 times more prevalent than alcohol drinking. Plenty of students smoked weed every day, I can't think of one student who drank every day.

So if it was a white man wearing a hoodie on an 80 degree day would that cause you to be fearful also?

file.php

Hey.. I was just observing the f..king OBVIOUS that if MOST robberies shown on the ABC clip showed
A) blacks.
B) Wearing hoodies
C) Robbing and threatening to kill...

DUH... wouldn't it just be a little suspicious?

I mean I passed a black man wearing a hoodie in 80 degrees yesterday and I honestly had the initial concern for my safety!

I mean you lying sacks... who DON"T admit that if a Black person wearing a hoodie IN 80 degree weather MAKES you pause you are either lying sacks of crap OR you are short for this life and not just because of the danger from a black wearing a hoodie in 80 degree weather!

That is you obviously don't have the built in Survival of the fittest mentality that has kept me alive for 70 years!
The extra stink from the sweat helps keep flies at bay.

Forum List

Back