Rob Gronkowski = Highest Paid TE in NFL History

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
The New England Patriots and tight end Rob Gronkowski have agreed to a six-year, $54 million extension, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Gronkowski, who underwent offseason surgery on his left ankle after suffering a high ankle sprain in the AFC Championship Game against the Ravens, had 90 receptions for 1,327 yards last season.

New England Patriots, Rob Gronkowski agree to 6-year, $54 million extension, source says - ESPN Boston

He's worth every penny.

Tough for me to believe he is worth $54 mil and a teacher is lucky to get $36k a year.

Tough for me to believe he is worth $54 mil and a teacher is lucky to get $36k a year.

Thanks for sharing however, this is the sports forum. If you want to compare the value of his contract to another professional athlete I will gladly entertain your thoughts.

When people will cough up $200 a ticket to watch that teacher teach fourth grade they will get the pay

Gronkowski is worth the money

Teachers here on LI make a whole lot more than that.

That aside and not to diparage the proffesion of teaching, it's a whole lot harder to become and pro athlete than it is to become a teacher.

When people will cough up $200 a ticket to watch that teacher teach fourth grade they will get the pay

The Krafts were smart to lock him up now through his prime years and make him happy. Who knows how high his value would be in free agency after two more 2011-esque seasons?

I hope they lock up Hernandez too. That kid is wicked talented.

Last edited:
I know. Wrong thread. But I'm too pissed to start a new one.

They never will, because the value system is skewed, it is better for taxpayers to cough up the money.

I find it funny how companies that make billions, pay CEO's millions and people complain, yet athletes get millions and people will say they are worth it.

They never will, because the value system is skewed, it is better for taxpayers to cough up the money.

I find it funny how companies that make billions, pay CEO's millions and people complain, yet athletes get millions and people will say they are worth it.

A pro athlete has a much higher skill level than a corporate bigshot.

A pro athlete has a much higher skill level than a corporate bigshot.

Okay, how many big corporations have been calling you? How many have you worked for? If the need isn't there, the money wouldn't be either.

Pro athletes are like any other entertainer. Their salaries are on par with Rock Stars and actors. If the public is willing to pay the outrageous prices of tickets, they are worth every penny

Pro athletes are like any other entertainer. Their salaries are on par with Rock Stars and actors. If the public is willing to pay the outrageous prices of tickets, they are worth every penny

Funny how you accept the theory in sports and liberal Hollywood but resist when it comes to private corporations.

Funny how you accept the theory in sports and liberal Hollywood but resist when it comes to private corporations.

CEOs make money that puts athletes to shame. My only objection is that American CEOs make so much more than their international contemporaries even though they are losing market share.

CEOs make money that puts athletes to shame. My only objection is that American CEOs make so much more than their international contemporaries even though they are losing market share.

Sort of like the Dolphins. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back