Roadside "Merry Christmas" Signs

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Have any of you seen these roadside "Merry Christmas" signs in your area?

Have Yourself A Merry Little ... Holiday?
from Herald-Times (paid subscription site)
December 14, 2005

David Junkins takes his one-person stand against “politically correct” terminology to the shopping area along West Third Street west of Ind. 37. Junkins complains that retailers have replaced “Merry Christmas” with “Happy Holidays” because, he says, “they’re afraid of offending someone. But I’m offended.” Many drivers at the busy intersection honked their agreement.

Adam's Apple said:
Have any of you seen these roadside "Merry Christmas" signs in your area?

Have Yourself A Merry Little ... Holiday?
from Herald-Times (paid subscription site)
December 14, 2005

David Junkins takes his one-person stand against “politically correct” terminology to the shopping area along West Third Street west of Ind. 37. Junkins complains that retailers have replaced “Merry Christmas” with “Happy Holidays” because, he says, “they’re afraid of offending someone. But I’m offended.” Many drivers at the busy intersection honked their agreement.

Why would someone be offended by a sign that says Happy Holidays?

Even in my little rinky-dink town, there is only one place of business that stands out from the standard generic "Happy Holidays".

It's a little mom & pop owned custard stand (who makes Blue Moon shakes! MMMM!).. They only have a tiny billboard, but they managed to pack a very blatant "Merry Christmas & Pray For Our Troops!" into it, as opposed to HH.

My town is pretty "liberal" about saying and posting Merry Christmas. The town even has the gall to call the town Holiday Tree a Christmas Tree. :D

My town must have you all beat.

Not only does Santa's house sit on the court house lawn, but so did a really nice live nativity, for a few days anyway until it got to cold.

The hospital here has a christmas tree and Merry Christmas signs.

Gotta love small town America.

:thup:

Forum List

Back