RNC Shoots Itself in the Mouth

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
The RNC shoots itself in the mouth
By Tom Goldstein on Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Opponents of the Affordable Care Act and the Obama Administration really could not have had a better week. They did a tremendous job framing their constitutional argument against the statute to the public, the lawyers on their side were brilliant, and it appears that they had a receptive Supreme Court majority. It was an 11 on a scale of 10.

Now this. The RNC released an advertisement (embedded in the story linked below) with audio from the halting beginning to Don Verrilli’s oral argument on the individual mandate to make the point that (as the ad’s title says) “ObamaCare: It’s a tough sell.” So far as I can tell, it is less a real ad that would actually run than a stunt intended to draw attention – no less a stunt than the DNC surely has done in lots of other contexts.

But Bloomberg News had the good sense to actually compare the actual argument audio with what the RNC distributed. It turns out to have been materially doctored. As the Bloomberg piece says, “A review of a transcript and recordings of those moments shows that Verrilli took a sip of water just once, paused for a much briefer period, and completed his thought, rather than stuttering and trailing off as heard in the doctored version.”

I’ve been in practice for seventeen years, and the blog has existed for ten, and this is the single most classless and misleading thing I’ve ever seen related to the Court. It is as if the RNC decided to take an incredibly serious and successful argument that has the chance to produce a pathbreaking legal victory for a conservative interpretation of the Constitution, drag it through the mud, and vomit on it. I would be shocked if a serious conservative lawyer would stand by the ad.

SCOTUSblog

man, the violent rhetoric is sure heating up

shoots themselves in the mouth?

How funny you find it, that everything is now "supposedly doctored" by everyone but the DNC..

I'd have to say this article just about made me vomit

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

Well, if the health care reform gets shot down a lot of people will be upset. No more coverage for pre-existing conditions? No keeping your kids under your policy until they can afford their own?

Sounds like a Democrat majority in the making.

How funny you find it, that everything is now "supposedly doctored" by everyone but the DNC..

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

Staph, everything rational makes you vomit. You should get that looked at. Maybe Medicare will pay.

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

Staph, everything rational makes you vomit. You should get that looked at. Maybe Medicare will pay.

do you think she refuses her social security check?

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

For sure one does not want to find themselves downwind of Staph.

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

wouldn't know if medicare would pay for it...Not on it....YOU?

Well, if the health care reform gets shot down a lot of people will be upset. No more coverage for pre-existing conditions? No keeping your kids under your policy until they can afford their own?

Sounds like a Democrat majority in the making.

that's what james carville seems to think.

he might be right. but it's bizarre to me that this plan was hunky dory when the heritage foundation pushed for it, but now it's not.

fauxrage and hypocrisy to the max.

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

lol, man you lefties are pretty vicious these days...oh well, nothing new.
Oh and I'm not old enough for SS...are you collecting yours jilly dear..?

waaaaaaaa waaaa waaaaaa

Absolutely not. My Dad thought JFK was the devil in commie clothing but even he cashed his SS and used Medicare. :rofl:

I'm surprised, honestly. You sound like a bitter old hag.

Absolutely not. My Dad thought JFK was the devil in commie clothing but even he cashed his SS and used Medicare. :rofl:

lol.. of course. funny how that works. if you ask my folks, they don't like the idea of tax increases but don't want a wealth test for social security either. i understand that.

but it seems to confuse people like steffie them how incompatible that is with their stated philosophy.

You really need to make up your mind on Social Security and Medicare. Either you support it or you don't. Either it pays off for Everyone that has put into it or it doesn't. If it doesn't, we want our money back with interest. The 24% interest charged for cash advances on our Credit Cards, seems like a fair Market Value. Send the checks to Intense Enterprises. Grand Cayman Island, General Delivery. :D

You really need to make up your mind on Social Security and Medicare. Either you support it or you don't. Either it pays off for Everyone that has put into it or it doesn't. If it doesn't, we want our money back with interest. The 24% interest charged for cash advances on our Credit Cards, seems like a fair Market Value. Send the checks to Intense Enterprises. Grand Cayman Island, General Delivery. :D

really? how much money do i get back from what they paid blackwater?

rightwingers are very funny sometimes.

nope... i'm not eligible for another two decades.

but i help pay for yours with every paycheck.

really? how much money do i get back from what they paid blackwater?

rightwingers are very funny sometimes.

How many different ways is Federal Money Blown? Pissed away? ... Not who, between us, is Encouraging more of the same, and who is saying, stop the Madness??? ;)

Forum List

Back