RNC - Racist?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
The RNC is surveying some members to see how far they can go attacking Obama using his race as an issue.

Dixiecrats revisited?

The RNC is surveying some members to see how far they can go attacking Obama using his race as an issue.

Dixiecrats revisited?

If your name is Barack Hussein Obama, you made race the issue.

If you dress up in jihad garb in a post-9/11 world, you made race the issue (see Drudge today).

If you go to a "black power" church in Chicago that says on its website, "we proclaim our allegiance to Africa", you made race the issue.

If you're praised by Louis Farrakhan, you made the race the issue.

If you refuse to wear an American flag or sing the national anthem because of your anti-white hatred, you made race the issue.

If your wife wrote an essay at Princeton denouncing whites, you made race the issue.

If your wife declares she hates America and is only "proud" of it when they elect her husband, you made race the issue.

If you're half-white but choose to call yourself black, you made race the issue.

If your campaign supporters hang pictures of Che Guevara, you made race the issue.

If the only reason you're in the race this far is because of your race, you made race the issue.

If you got into Harvard Law because of your race, you made race the issue.

If your only published article in public life is to denounce "The Bell Curve," you made race the issue.

If you think only white Republicans can be "racist," you might just be an Obama supporter!

You have some evidence to support this claim? Sounds like hogwash to me.

Dunno... figure the better question is how Farrakhan making vague supportive statements is equal to "ties"... same types of "ties" as Saddam had to OBL, maybe?

I also wouldn't be terribly surprised at the RNC's continued use of the Southern Strategy... it's worked for them for quite a while and it's really all it has now.

Dunno... figure the better question is how Farrakhan making vague supportive statements is equal to "ties"... same types of "ties" as Saddam had to OBL, maybe?

I also wouldn't be terribly surprised at the RNC's continued use of the Southern Strategy... it's worked for them for quite a while and it's really all it has now.

I just asked a question. It appears there's a double standard depending on who the left is calling racist and who they are defending. You were all over Ron Paul for the same thing you're now defending Obama for.

I DON'T see the difference between a racist endorsing Obama and a racist endorsing Paul. And the article is here ... there's nothing vague about it.

You attempted correlation to Saddam and OBL is lame.

So is the mythical "Southern strategy" known only to lefties for some reason.

Well...it was Richard Clark and the Dimocrats that made those "ties" between OBL and Saddam starting in 1994....so ......Maybe???

Southern Strategy? Only in your imagination....

I just asked a question. It appears there's a double standard depending on who the left is calling racist and who they are defending. You were all over Ron Paul for the same thing you're now defending Obama for.

I DON'T see the difference between a racist endorsing Obama and a racist endorsing Paul. And the article is here ... there's nothing vague about it.

You attempted correlation to Saddam and OBL is lame.

So is the mythical "Southern strategy" known only to lefties for some reason.

And, as I pointed out, there is a major difference between RP sucking up to white supremacists and Farrakhan's one-sided thing. As I pointed out, it wasn't the endorsement, it was RP going to the bad guys. When Obama pays a visit to Farrakhan's church, we can liken the two.

No double standard... just an effort to liken two different things on your part.

I don't think it's lame... it's based on about the same evidence...

Mythical Southern Strategy??? Please tell me you're kidding.

Southern strategy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to methods of winning elections in the South by exploiting racial anxiety among white voters.

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Richard Nixon strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."[3]
While Phillips was concerned with polarizing ethnic voting in general, and not just with winning the white South, this was by far the biggest prize yielded by his approach. Its success began at the presidential level, gradually trickling down to statewide offices, the Senate and House, as legacy segregationist Democrats retired or switched to the GOP. The strategy suffered a brief apparent reversal following Watergate, with broad support for the Southern Democrat Jimmy Carter in the 1976 election. But with Ronald Reagan kicking off his 1980 presidential campaign proclaiming support for "states' rights" in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the site of the murder of three civil rights workers in 1964's Freedom Summer, the Southern Strategy was back to stay. Although another Southern Democrat, Bill Clinton, would twice be elected President, winning a handful of Southern states, he did better outside the South, and would have won without carrying any Southern state.

From 1948 to 1984 the Southern states, traditionally a stronghold for the Democrats, became key swing states, providing the popular vote margins in the 1960, 1968 and 1976 elections. During this era, several Republican candidates expressed support for states' rights, which was a signal of opposition to federal civil rights legislation for blacks.[4]

Recently, the term has been used in a more general sense, in which cultural themes are used in an election — primarily but not exclusively in the American South. In the past, phrases such as "busing" or "law and order" or "states' rights" were used as code words. Today, appeals largely focus on cultural issues such as gay marriage, abortion, and religion. Yet, the use of the term, and its meaning and implication, are still hotly disputed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

And, as I pointed out, there is a major difference between RP sucking up to white supremacists and Farrakhan's one-sided thing. As I pointed out, it wasn't the endorsement, it was RP going to the bad guys. When Obama pays a visit to Farrakhan's church, we can liken the two.

No double standard... just an effort to liken two different things on your part.

I don't think it's lame... it's based on about the same evidence...

Mythical Southern Strategy??? Please tell me you're kidding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Except that the "sucking up" was a stretch on your part; otherwise, it's likening two like things.

Shouldn't you have posted that Wiki "Southern Strategy" in Conspiracy theories?:rolleyes:

Except that the "sucking up" was a stretch on your part; otherwise, it's likening two like things.

Shouldn't you have posted that Wiki "Southern Strategy" in Conspiracy theories?:rolleyes:

Sucking up is going to their little gatherings...

like I said, when Obama goes to Farrakhan's church, I'll have a lot to say... might have to still vote for him, but wouldn't be happy.

er... no... the southern strategy has been the RNC reality for far too long. Kevin Phillips was very smart and Karl Rove played it even better, incorporating and solidifying the support of the religious right.

Just to clarify for you ... my point is NOT that Obama is or is not racist. My point is the different standard of proof required for your accusation.

You accuse RP based on an endorsement, but it'd take a videotaped confession from Obama and a note from God before you'd believe it about him.

I'm STILL waiting for a lefty who can discuss Obama objectively, but I'm NOT holding my breath.

Sucking up is going to their little gatherings...

like I said, when Obama goes to Farrakhan's church, I'll have a lot to say... might have to still vote for him, but wouldn't be happy.

er... no... the southern strategy has been the RNC reality for far too long. Kevin Phillips was very smart and Karl Rove played it even better, incorporating and solidifying the support of the religious right.

Is it? So if someone holds a little gathering as you call it to raise money for you, showing up automatically makes you guilty by association?

Not very objective, that.

Don't know what to tell you about your "Southern Strategy" conspiracy. Lived in the South and Southwest all my life. Guess I was busy doing other things for 48 years.:rolleyes:

Just to clarify for you ... my point is NOT that Obama is or is not racist. My point is the different standard of proof required for your accusation.

You accuse RP based on an endorsement, but it'd take a videotaped confession from Obama and a note from God before you'd believe it about him.

I'm STILL waiting for a lefty who can discuss Obama objectively, but I'm NOT holding my breath.

Actually, if you look at my posts, I never once accused RP of BEING racist. I have always focused on the fact that a) he went and spoke to a group of the nutcases; one doesn't do that with a group of which they disapprove; and b) RP's policies which make him appealing to the white supremacists are policies that would equally repel me and make him someone I couldn't support. The fact of Obama's color appeals to Farrakhan. Obama can't change that and shouldn't want to. Now, if he started espousing policies that were dangerous to me, that would be another story.

You're just not acknowledging the difference.

And, no, I'm not an Obama-ite. I will vote for him if he's the nominee but he wouldn't have been my first choice. And I don't like his wife. But I don't vote for a candidate b/c of his/her spouse and won't vote against that candidate because of his/her spouse.

Is it? So if someone holds a little gathering as you call it to raise money for you, showing up automatically makes you guilty by association?

Not very objective, that.

Don't know what to tell you about your "Southern Strategy" conspiracy. Lived in the South and Southwest all my life. Guess I was busy doing other things for 48 years.:rolleyes:

Funny... I don't think you're immune to the whole gay marriage; anti-choice, pro-Christian message. Same game, different buzz words. You don't think those things are intended to play in the Northeast, do you?

Dixiecrats revisited?

If that means exposing any Islamic pieces of his background....YES! EVERYTHING is FAIR GAME. Let him defend himself. I told you people, if you think Swift Boat was bad in 2004, you ain't seen NOTHING compared to what's going to surface with this communist candidate.

Funny... I don't think you're immune to the whole gay marriage; anti-choice, pro-Christian message. Same game, different buzz words. You don't think those things are intended to play in the Northeast, do you?

I'll pass on the deflection. Fact is, in ACTUAL evidence, the only difference between one and the other is YOUR political bias. If pulling a "Trent Lott" works on Ron Paul, so does it work on Obama.

I realize that you Northeast folks think you're the only ones that matter, but I assure you that you do not.

Odd that it's always you folks from the Northeast who hear these so-called messages no one else does. I require no one to tell me what to believe on any issue ... neither some fantasy "Southern conspiracy," nor Yankees who have annointed themselves as knowing what I should think.

And I sure as Hell won't be voting for whoever they stick out there with an (R) and behind his name, unlike you lefties who will march down in lockstep and push the (D) button no matter who's name is there.

Forum List

Back