RNC offered Justin Bieber $5M to perform-- :0 Embarrassing.

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
How stupid are the promoters of the Republican National Committee? They really think having Justin Bieber perform at a nearby Cleveland arena for the RNC is smart? And worth $5 million besides? It will turn off many more voters than it will ever attract, imo. It is like an insult to the intelligence of those who may not be all that bright in the first place, yet, can smell a rat just the same. “So you want us to vote for Trump because we like Bieber’s music?” OR “You want to show the democrats who have every Hollwood A-lister and music freak on their side that we are cool too because we got Bieber?”

Republicanism (traditionally) and conservatism does not reflect the ideologies or beliefs of a young punky pop star --- so why pretend? It’s like mixing lobster with chocolate and thinking it will be good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Justin Bieber to RNC Promoters: I'm Not Performing, Not Even for $5M

Justin Bieber to RNC Promoters: I'm Not Performing, Not Even for $5M

By Clyde Hughes | Friday, 29 Jul 2016 01:29 PM

Justin Bieber reportedly turned down a gig near the Republican National Convention at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena last week that would have brought him a $5 million payday after his manager, a Hillary Clinton supporter, considered quitting, TMZ reported.

Bieber, a Canadian who, according to The Guardian, once got in trouble for shouting "F*** Bill Clinton" in a 2013 viral video, ultimately declined to sign on for the 45-minute performance that was to be paid for by GOP donors, the celebrity gossip site noted.

Bieber's manager Scooter Braun appeared to be the holdup standing in the way of the singer and what would have been his biggest single-event payday ever, according to TMZ.

Promoters reportedly told the "Sorry" singer that the event was not political and his appearance there would not constitute an endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump or the GOP.

But Braun, a Clinton supporter, ultimately made the decision for Bieber.

"We're told Scooter wasn't heavy-handed at first, and talked to Justin about putting Black Lives Matter banners up in the venue," TMZ reported. "We're told Braun was told he could not display BLM banners, but the donors would accept banners that read 'All Lives Matter.' The donors also made it clear . . . Justin could say nothing disparaging about Trump or the GOP."

"We're told Scooter told Justin it was up to him if he wanted to do the show, but he said he couldn't continue to represent the singer if he did, out of principle. Scooter felt the GOP was using Bieber as its tool," the site continued.

Sources told TMZ that Bieber was also turned off when he learned that LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball star who promoters said was planning to attend a similar event to welcome the GOP without making a political statement, was not even supposed to be in town that week.

Bieber then turned down the $5 million offer.

Last August, Braun held a celebrity fundraiser for Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, at his Los Angeles home, which was attended by stars like Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Kris Jenner, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Sim Farar, Jessica Alba, Cash Warren, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Usher, Jason Collins, and Mary Steenburgen, according to Variety.

A lame attempt to relate to younger voters. I would rather hang myself then hear his music.

Has anyone identified a republican that actually wanted to hear Justin Bieber? This sounds like a planted story.

A lame attempt to relate to younger voters. I would rather hang myself then hear his music.

Our twins thinks he is a dweeb LOL

Smart kids.

Indeed and ty. They are into Tiestro, Avicii, The Black Keys, etc.....thank God, I can tolerate that music

We're never going to have kids, but if we did it would be Floyd, Bowie, Stones, Zeppelin, and, Fleetwood Mac influenced. Also 80's New Wave and Hair Bands! lol

Our twins thinks he is a dweeb LOL

Smart kids.

Indeed and ty. They are into Tiestro, Avicii, The Black Keys, etc.....thank God, I can tolerate that music

We're never going to have kids, but if we did it would be Floyd, Bowie, Stones, Zeppelin, and, Fleetwood Mac influenced. Also 80's New Wave and Hair Bands! lol

I love Fleetwood Mac...the other day one of our sons had Nazareth Hair Of The Dog blaring, his father was taken back LOL

Forum List

Back