RNC moving nomination to Monday to screw Ron Paul delegates

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
*snip*

But next week’s schedule, according to discussions among party officials here, has as much to do with a desire to keep an orderly convention as it does with Isaac, the storm expected to develop into a hurricane as it moves toward Florida. The campaign had hoped that the television networks would cover the convention on Monday because Ann Romney is delivering her marquee speech that night, but so far the networks have declined. She is also expected to speak later in the week.

Some supporters of Mr. Paul also have been pushing to make their voices heard during the roll call vote. Mr. Paul, the libertarian Texas congressman whose presidential bid fell short, won a majority of delegates from Iowa, Minnesota and Nevada, but not enough state delegations to require that his name be placed into nomination.

While Mr. Paul’s advisers have worked behind the scenes with the Romney campaign for months, several supporters have signaled their interest in making their admiration known for Mr. Paul on the convention floor. The Romney campaign has worked through most of the concerns, but still preferred officially calling the roll of delegates on Monday, when television networks were not planning to broadcast the convention to diminish the potential for any fireworks.

Several Republican officials said scheduling the roll call on Monday allowed Mr. Romney to avoid drawing attention to two potential problems: from Mr. Paul’s supporters and the winds and rain of Isaac. By the time Mr. Romney arrives here in Tampa, aides hope both challenges will have blown over.

Mr. Romney will be elevated as the party’s standard bearer on Monday – not Wednesday as previously expected – to keep the official business of the roll call delegate vote from competing with broader themes of introducing Mr. Romney. Officials also are keeping an eye on a potential threat from Tropical Storm Isaac and considering concerns about a possible disruption from Ron Paul supporters at the Republican National Convention next week.

Read more: Tropical Storm Isaac May Move Up Romney's Nomination Acceptance Speech | Fox News Latino

Paulists tend to be whiners. They did not get enough delegates to be thrown in the nomination pot so be it.

They can enjoy when people en masse leave the party and refuse to vote for the cheater come November. My mother who was adamant about voting for Romney simply to get Obama out is not going to now...working on my father right now...

They can enjoy when people en masse leave the party and refuse to vote for the cheater come November. My mother who was adamant about voting for Romney simply to get Obama out is not going to now...working on my father right now...

thanks for reinforcing my position.

dumb ass. Negged for stupidity. (been more than 48 hours...)

Don't vote at all. Obama will win. Romney needs votes to compete with the dead people, cartoons and domestic animal vote of the democrats. Without the millions of Paul votes, they will fall short.

So just stay home adn watch re-runs of your favorite show. That's a sure fire way to make sure ROmney loses. Since they want Paul supporters to stay home, I think we should give them their wish.

Since our political ideas are so terrible and we are so irrelevant, then lets show them irrlelvant. The best part is yet to come. After all the insults, cheating, ostericizing, etc...come November, if Romney loses, these same assclowns from the republicans will blame the Paul supporters adn Paul for the loss.

Bet your ass on it.

Don't vote at all. Obama will win. Romney needs votes to compete with the dead people, cartoons and domestic animal vote of the democrats. Without the millions of Paul votes, they will fall short.

So just stay home adn watch re-runs of your favorite show. That's a sure fire way to make sure ROmney loses. Since they want Paul supporters to stay home, I think we should give them their wish.

Since our political ideas are so terrible and we are so irrelevant, then lets show them irrlelvant. The best part is yet to come. After all the insults, cheating, ostericizing, etc...come November, if Romney loses, these same assclowns from the republicans will blame the Paul supporters adn Paul for the loss.

Bet your ass on it.

Of course. They will have to blame something.

Nobody expects Bishop Romney and Queen Ann to actually take any blame themselves, do they? :lol:

Bet your ass on it.

I personally look forward to it.

Paulists tend to be whiners. They did not get enough delegates to be thrown in the nomination pot so be it.

You tend to be a fucking liar so what's new. Suck some more of that romney cock he enjoys it.:clap2:

You have not got a clue do you?

You will get smarter when you turn 20.

FUCK YOU

There made it big enough for you to understand. You are nothing but a shit stain on the bed boy. Trash like you won't last long...keep making your ignorant accusations just making yourself look like a worthless fuck...course that does fit fairly well.

Bet your ass on it.

I personally look forward to it.

Same here. Gonna get myself a bumper sticker that says Don't blame me I voted for the guy that didn't cheat. :)

Within the realm of politics, there are basically three broad groups of people that I dismiss out of hand:

1) those that believe Bush planned or intentionally allowed the attacks of Sept 11th.
2) those who believe that Obama is ineligible to be President.
3) those who believe the Civil War is still not lost.

In this case, we have a trifecta.

Oh he does Leweman but so did Ron Paul he had at least 5 states so he could have been nominated from the floor by his supporters. The rnc decided it could change the rules to suit their candidate and so they cheated,lied and stole delegates that were elected by the people of each of those states. We do have 3 states they haven't tried to steal so I am hoping for some chaos.

Forum List

Back