RNC Chairman: Obama is Cpt. Schettino....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
In one of the latest attacks on Obama, RNC Chairperson compares Obama to sunk Italian cruise ship captain.......

WASHINGTON — One of the most bizarre attacks of the campaign season against President Obama came yesterday when a top GOP official compared him to the captain of the wrecked Costa Concordia Italian cruise ship.

“In a few months, this is all going to be ancient history, and we’re going to talk about our own little Captain Schettino, which is President Obama, who is abandoning ship here in the United States,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus declared on “Face the Nation.”

“What? What did you just say? What did you call President Obama?” asked baffled host Bob Schieffer.

“I called him Captain Schettino, you know, the captain that fled the ship in Italy. That’s our own president, who is fleeing the American people and not doing his job and running around the country and campaigning,” Priebus explained

Read more: Republican National Committee chairman compares Obama to cruise-ship’s Capt. Schettino - NYPOST.com

Several things wrong here.......first is making the comparison which is completely false, Obama is STILL able to do his job, and every sitting president (including Republicans) have all started campaigning around the same time.

Second, I find it in really poor taste to use this as an example of how badly Obama is doing his job, especially in light of the fact that this tradgedy just happened, as well as the fact that there are still 2 American citizens missing.

Does anyone else find this troubling?

he's just angry that his name is reince previs...

sounds like something out of dukes of hazard.

i'd be angry, too.

But, of course, making fun of Barak Obama's name is...well...obviously racist.

This is troubling, the Captain of the Italian ship was better at his job than Obama is at his

In one of the latest attacks on Obama, RNC Chairperson compares Obama to sunk Italian cruise ship captain.......

WASHINGTON — One of the most bizarre attacks of the campaign season against President Obama came yesterday when a top GOP official compared him to the captain of the wrecked Costa Concordia Italian cruise ship.

“In a few months, this is all going to be ancient history, and we’re going to talk about our own little Captain Schettino, which is President Obama, who is abandoning ship here in the United States,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus declared on “Face the Nation.”

“What? What did you just say? What did you call President Obama?” asked baffled host Bob Schieffer.

“I called him Captain Schettino, you know, the captain that fled the ship in Italy. That’s our own president, who is fleeing the American people and not doing his job and running around the country and campaigning,” Priebus explained

Read more: Republican National Committee chairman compares Obama to cruise-ship’s Capt. Schettino - NYPOST.com

Several things wrong here.......first is making the comparison which is completely false, Obama is STILL able to do his job, and every sitting president (including Republicans) have all started campaigning around the same time.

Second, I find it in really poor taste to use this as an example of how badly Obama is doing his job, especially in light of the fact that this tradgedy just happened, as well as the fact that there are still 2 American citizens missing.

Does anyone else find this troubling?

It is kinda accurate.

Obama was running around in 2009/2010 acting like his maneuvers at the wheel saved the ship but in 2011 we are still taking on water and missing passengers.

You know.........I hope the family of those 2 Americans who are missing from this ship sinking demands an apology from the RNC chairman.

Forum List

Back