RNC chair condemns "Barack the Magic Negro" song

You must be reading only from the FOX web page again. The majority of republicans seem to feel it was in very poor taste to send the video.

GOP reaction divided over controversial Obama song - CNN.com

But with each response to my post, you are placing this topic front and center again. If you are that proud of it, then by all means continue. We can keep this going until...well the mid-term elections if you wish. I AM GAME!
and keep exposing how petty you are, be my guest

Did you read what all the republicans said? They basically said the same thing I have been trying to tell you. The best thing for the GOP to do is let this thing go away. I don't care who wrote it or originated it, when a major political party does a mass mailing including the video, it is bound to have negative affects on people. The GOP cannot afford to lose more voters. Can you at least see that?

Did you read what all the republicans said? They basically said the same thing I have been trying to tell you. The best thing for the GOP to do is let this thing go away. I don't care who wrote it or originated it, when a major political party does a mass mailing including the video, it is bound to have negative affects on people. The GOP cannot afford to lose more voters. Can you at least see that?
because, like you, i bet they have never actually listened to it

and they are idiots

You win. Sending that video out was a great thing for the republican party. It will win them tons of new voters, expecially blacks and hispanics.

You win. Sending that video out was a great thing for the republican party. It will win them tons of new voters, expecially blacks and hispanics.
see, you dont even know the difference between video and audio

because, like you, i bet they have never actually listened to it

and they are idiots

I agree with you but sometimes being right still doesn't help you. I think this is a sort of PR blunder for the GOP because no matter how right they may be the perception is just awful. Smart politicians are distancing themselves from it. It's unfortunate that we live in a culture that is ruled by the sound bite but this is the the reality.

I agree with you but sometimes being right still doesn't help you. I think this is a sort of PR blunder for the GOP because no matter how right they may be the perception is just awful. Smart politicians are distancing themselves from it. It's unfortunate that we live in a culture that is ruled by the sound bite but this is the the reality.
no, thats the stupid politicians
they should be saying exactly what it is and stop letting the liar run with their propaganda

no, thats the stupid politicians
they should be saying exactly what it is and stop letting the liar run with their propaganda

I agree, but it's not easy to steer public perception on some issues. Race is one of those issues where there is only one right side and Republicans can't seem to get on it, or redefine it so that it's looked at in a sane way.

Look at affirmative action, it's a completely racist kind of policy and yet Democrats are heroes for championing it and Republicans are villains for opposing it. It makes no sense, but it's the game that we have to play.

It's not fair and it makes no sense to have to do it but Republicans have to learn to play the PR game smarter.

I agree, but it's not easy to steer public perception on some issues. Race is one of those issues where there is only one right side and Republicans can't seem to get on it, or redefine it so that it's looked at in a sane way.

Look at affirmative action, it's a completely racist kind of policy and yet Democrats are heroes for championing it and Republicans are villains for opposing it. It makes no sense, but it's the game that we have to play.

It's not fair and it makes no sense to have to do it but Republicans have to learn to play the PR game smarter.
"playing the PR game smarter" is not letting THEM define the terms

Divecon, no it is not the "stupid politicians." It is the majority of the people, such as you have pointed out, myself who know enough about the story to see that this was a huge blunder. But you keep believing that it was not, and I will remind you of the blunder when the GOP loses more seats in two years.

Perception is 80% of the game.

Divecon, no it is not the "stupid politicians." It is the majority of the people, such as you have pointed out, myself who know enough about the story to see that this was a huge blunder. But you keep believing that it was not, and I will remind you of the blunder when the GOP loses more seats in two years.

Perception is 80% of the game.
ah yes, perception = reality

:lol:

Race is one of those issues where there is only one right side and Republicans can't seem to get on it

Mostly because, to paraphrase John Edwards' wife, they can't become black. Republicans aren't hated because of their attitudes or policies, they're hated because they're WHITE PEOPLE. Nothing they say or do will change any of this. And until white people get it through their skulls that America has declared race war on them -- a war they cannot fight unless they unify AS WHITE PEOPLE -- they'll continue to get their asses handed to them.

doesn't matter

it was political satire
and its ancient history

As I pointed out earlier, it's mildly amusing if it's done by some yutz on youtube. When it's done by the RNC and defended by repubs, then it's an endemic problem...and it's one of the reasons the RNC is the party of old white men.

the hypocrisy is clear

when white republicans distribute a song about barack with the word negro...it is racist

Forum List

Back