RJ Young EJ Bradford was killed by police for being a black male gun owner. That could have been me

In 2008, the offending rate for blacks (24.7 offenders per 100,000) was 7 times higher than the rate for whites (3.4 offenders per 100,000)

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

More up to date FBI statistics tell a similar story. In 2013, black criminals carried out 38% of murders, compared to 31.1% for whites, again despite the fact that there are five times more white people in the U.S.
Did you even bother to read the 36 page .pdf document you linked to? Or do anything more than find the biggest number on the chart you embedded in your comment, point to it and say "see, black commit the most crime"? Because I started reading the document and there are several things that you have not addressed about the numbers being presented, the least of which is that according to the FBI, murder has been trending downward for many years now.

And here's another historical event of white people rioting:
This week in history: WTO riots happen in Seattle

Those riots are by air-headed liberals.

Sorry, I forgot to add some personal commentary on this story. I completely understand why any black man who is legally allowed to carry, either openly or concealed, would opt to do so and I certainly can understand why.

Opinion | What becoming an NRA-certified instructor taught me about gun-owning while black

I spent hours becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. Here's why I don't carry a gun in public.

By RJ Young, author of "Let It Bang: A Young Black Man's Reluctant Odyssey Into Guns"
When Emantic "EJ" Bradford was mistakenly shot in the face by an Alabama police officer in a mall earlier this month, I was reminded of what a friend told me when I was researching my book, "Let It Bang," about becoming a licensed gun owner. "Your book is always going to be timely because police not going to stop because they're not going to stop shooting black men," he said.

That was years ago.

21-year-old Bradford was a black man just like Philando Castile; Castile was shot down in his car in the summer of 2016 after calmly and correctly notifying officers that he was a gun owner. Meanwhile, this summer, 17-year-old Antwon Rose II and 26-year-old Botham Shem Jean were shot and killed — both unarmed — by people sworn to protect and serve them. I'm also a black man, and all of these deaths terrify me.

I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.

I'm lawfully licensed in the state of Oklahoma to carry a concealed handgun. I spent hours and hours at a gun range, becoming so proficient that the National Rifle Association awarded me instructor status. And yet I don't carry a gun in public. I don't even keep a loaded gun in my apartment. If not for the knowledge that the rights provided to me by the Second Amendment were once stripped from men who look like me, I would no longer even own my Glock 17 and Glock 26 weapons. These guns have already served the purpose I bought them for, which was to try to better understand and get to know the kind of people who loved them and used them — people I had little in common with.

But most importantly, I don't carry a handgun because through the process of learning to become proficient with one, I learned just how dangerous being near one has become for a person like me.​
I think you're wrong and should carry 4. Most cops cant shoot for shit and you sound good enough to waste a dozen or more of those assholes before one finally got you.

Did you even bother to read the 36 page .pdf document you linked to? Or do anything more than find the biggest number on the chart you embedded in your comment, point to it and say "see, black commit the most crime"? Because I started reading the document and there are several things that you have not addressed about the numbers being presented, the least of which is that according to the FBI, murder has been trending downward for many years now.

And here's another historical event of white people rioting:
This week in history: WTO riots happen in Seattle
You're changing the subject. Murder trending downward isn't the same subject as blacks committing much more crime than whites.

You're reading what the FBI itself has stated but I certainly would not be surprised to find that you don't understand what you've read.

And I for one understand that this is part of the reason you all don't want anything but current statistics cited as opposed to all of them which would be from the time that the FBI began collecting crime statistics. And even then those numbers would have STILL excluded the 3000 whites who torched the Greenwood area of Tulsa Oklahoma in the Tulsa Race Riots and not a one of them were ever held to account for the deaths and property damage that they inflicted upon what was at the time the most affluent African American community in the country.

I you want an honest and genuine depiction of crime in America, those statistics should also be added to the mix, as should all of the lynching, firebombings, cross burnings, etc. that were often not even considered crimes because the victims were black.
I'm not reading your posts. You're too scatterbrained. We don't go by Affrimative Action here.

The only neurotic here is you pod-nuh. You didn't explain anything. Your "explanation" amounts to a blind man in a dark closet looking for a black cat that isn't there.
To an airhead like you, sure. But any intelligent person can easily understand what I posted. I post for them, not the dums dums like you and admiral whatever his name is.

Despite your best efforts, murder is still not the only violent crime and from the years 1776 until now whites have committed far and above more murders than every other race in America combined. And that is just murder. We aren't even talking about rapes, buglaries, assaults, batteries, armed robberies and domestic violence.
FALSE! Blacks are, by far, the biggest criminals in America, as I've already shown. You just come in here and tell stupid lies. If they could talk, monkeys could do that too,

rape-stats-1.jpg

I'm not reading your posts. You're too scatterbrained. We don't go by Affrimative Action here.
LOL, you don't have to read my posts but everyone else with an interests can and does.

And if I'm scatterbrained the only explaination for you is brainless. Even thuogh I don't know you, or anything about you other than what you've shared, I'm completely comfortable with my credentials & qualifications, affirmative action notwithstanding.

I'd take you on any day.

You are trying to pass off the fact that whites commit more violent crime by number and type of violent crime.
Not per capita. Got a dictionary ? :rolleyes:

Like I said, "You are trying to pass off the fact that whites commit more violent crime by number and type of violent crime."

I you kill five people and I kill one, you don't get to multiply that by 5 to say I killed just as many as you did.

If you have 5 dollars and I have 2, I don't get to multiply that by 5 and say I have 10 dollars because there are 5 times more whites.

Funny how you are suddenly for quotas now.

The only neurotic here is you pod-nuh. You didn't explain anything. Your "explanation" amounts to a blind man in a dark closet looking for a black cat that isn't there.
To an airhead like you, sure. But any intelligent person can easily understand what I posted. I post for them, not the dums dums like you and admiral whatever his name is.

Every intelligent person here has debunked your lunacy.

Despite your best efforts, murder is still not the only violent crime and from the years 1776 until now whites have committed far and above more murders than every other race in America combined. And that is just murder. We aren't even talking about rapes, buglaries, assaults, batteries, armed robberies and domestic violence.
FALSE! Blacks are, by far, the biggest criminals in America, as I've already shown. You just come in here and tell stupid lies. If they could talk, monkeys could do that too,

rape-stats-1.jpg

What you show is a chart of homicides per 100,000. What you do not show is the actual number of homicides by race, the actual number of violent crimes by race, the actual numbers of crimes by race, and the source of the chart. Besides, this chart is numbers that come from 13 almost 14 yeas ago.

You're a joke punk.

As usual, anytime a thread about black people appears, the 3 biased, black activists of USMB appear, with tales of how awfully they are oppressed by society. Now that we've heard the OP carry on the 2016 Obama/Sharpton race hustlers campaign against cops (particularly white ones), and using 3 of the worst examples (Castille, Rose, and Jean) I could think of, maybe it's time to shed some light here.

1. Castille was shot because he broke the fundamental rule to never allow your hands to disappear from the view of a police officer with a gun in his hand (especially by reaching into your jacket). This is something that could be taught in schools in one minute, yet never is, because our schools are overrun by liberal teachers and administrators, who are clueless regarding guns and police.

2. Antwon Rose II - this is the only one of the 3 examples where the cop may have been at fault. The Fleeing felon rule does give cops the right to shoot a fleeing suspect if/when the cop ascertains that the suspect is a felon (something which the cop really had no knowledge of, even though Rose was found with a 9MM clip in his pocket, matching 9MM pistol found in the car) Carrying a pistol clip usually indicates the guy did have possession of the pistol, but still there isn't any proof of that, and Rose didn't have the gun when he was shot. Conclusion: cop may have been malicious in shooting Rose, but more likely was just stupid, doing lousy, impetuous police work.

3. Botham Jean - Both the cop and the shooting victim appear to have been good people, who came together under a very unfortunate circumstance. Black activists were quick to start protesting even before knowing what specifically happened. For them, all that was necessary was to hear from the racist fool, Benjamin Crump, and that was enough.

Lost in the haze of anger and racial paranoia was the simple facts.To these protestors and maybe the 3 USMB stooges in this thread, Amber Guyger will never be seen as a tired woman coming home from work (a 15 hour shift), and making a tragic and deadly mistake, which isn't that hard to make.

I myself made a similar mistake once, when coming home from a 16 hour security supervisor shift, and on a foggy, early 4 AM morning, parked my car in the wrong parking spot (the one adjacent to mine). My car was towed, and it was hell to get it back.

Reading the reports of this case, it appears that Guyger (with a clean 4 year record as a cop) really did think it was her apartment, with an intruder inside, who was not responding to her spoken words.

It seems the shooting of Jean was incorrect, but not of criminal intent, and therefore should probably not have resulted in charges against her, but I'm not surprised that it did with the Dallas Police Dept being overseen by a Democrat mayor, heavily influenced by a hysterical, black community, in large part more driven by their own racial and anti-police prejudices, than anything akin to objective reason. The idea that Guyger might have shot Jean criminally, is ludicrous. Oh sure, every cop in America, want to get themselves arrested for shooting somebody maliciously, right ? :right: :rolleyes:
You know you all keep talking about liberal teachers and I wonder where the hell you went to school. My teachers were any thing but liberal. Maybe the chinese lady that taught fortran was liberal. No one could tell, I could not understand a word she was saying. Maybe my Indian physics prof again could not understand much he said, but if he was liberal I would be surprised. The Blind Pig was filled with people drowning their sorrows after his tests. Hot for teacher? Not in my school bunch of not so attractive older women what few there were. The men teachers in high school were all card carrying NRA members and I rabbit hunted with more than a few of them. I was in engineering is college so maybe it was just my major, still did not run into a great deal of liberal professors. I am sure you could find them in the liberal arts building but lets face it, those areas are not as well funded. There is no class any where I went on how to deal with getting arrested. I would be suprised to find it on the curriculum.

Excuse me, but what class would that be taught in? P.E.? Math? Science?

You are such a joke!
Who cares what class ? Social Studies I suppose. You can't figure out what I said about this in Post # 4 ? You got a brain ?

I try to not retain the stupid shit you post. At what grade level should it be taught in social studies classes? Which subject within social studies? Geography? American History? World History? Government? Economics? Psychology?

You are ignorant beyond what mere words can describe. There are plenty of police officers, white police officers who are not afraid of black people and don't shoot and kill them. It is not our behavior that prompts these shootings, it is the police officers who have no regard for the lives of black people and seem willing to toss the dice on the premise that if they shoot and kill a "black" person every fucking body will believe it was necessary - for all of the bullshit racist "reasons" that are trotted out - "I thought he was armed", "I saw something in his hand", "he reached for something after I asked him to provide me with his license & registration", "I was TIRED!"

Furthermore, the reason no one is disputing your asinine claims is because we all have thoroughly dissected your arguments in the past and the general consensus was 1) you fabricated much if not all of your history (white person being discriminated against but then you reveal that you're more than 51% Hispanic so if you were being discriminated against, why would it not be because you're a minority?) 2) you've been wrong on every single legal premises that you've attempted to debate with us, the African Americans who regularly post on U.S. Message Board (fleeing felon readily comes to mind, lawful use of force, the legality of affirmative action, etc.) yet you seem oblivious to the fact that the courts do not agree with your conclusions, 3) you make racist and idiotic comments, 4) former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger deserves to serve time, in the very least. Her behavior, irrespective of her reasons and excuses is unacceptable. You can not go into someone else's home and kill the occupant and then play poor pitiful me, I was just soooooooooooooo tired after my shift. As more than one person has pointed out LOTS of people are tired when they get home from work - truck drivers, airline pilots, construction workers, but they don't come home and kill someone because they ended up in the wrong house. And if she was that tired/disoriented/confused she had no damn business carrying a weapon.
Quite the contrary. If a white cop shoots a black, he is subject to more scrutiny, and is attacked immediately by the race hustler crowd who only look at races and not the facts of the matter. In some cases, in cities with Democrat mayors, white cops are railroaded on false charges to appease a black voting majority (ex. Michael Slager-Walter Scotts shooting)

Regarding me being discriminated against in Memphis, Tennessee, that was because I was not black. The only people not discriminated against, and given favoritism were 8 blacks. All the non-blacks (including 2 Asians and 2 Hispanics) were discriminated against, by scatterbrained, southern, white liberals, racked with guilt over slavery, that they had nothing to do with.

What the courts agree with, is sometimes correct, sometimes not. Often it is a political thing rather than a correct judgment of right and wrong.

I have not been wrong or racist on anything. You just refuse to face the truth because you're uncomfortable with it. You prefer to dwell in the little world of false ideas all made up for you by deranged liberals.

I don't know if Amber Guyger is innocent or guilty and you don't either, but I go by a presumption of innocence in the absence of evidence. Lastly, I suspect if Jean had been white, you wouldn't care about him being killed the slightest bit. I notice you didn't include the white guy (Daniel Shaver), shot by a cop in the video in Post # 26.

Even in a state where open carry is legal, concealed carry is the best option.
Legally registered guns cannot be concealed from those who don't need to know they exist.
Federal agents have been opening fire on unarmed protesters. This article is about Portland, Oregon. Several years ago, an unidentified agent attempted to take me into custody in an unmarked van at my job. I successfully resisted capture, and of course I could not be charged with resisting arrest without the identification of the alleged law enforcement agent. Another agent a few years ago fired a pistol at me while I was driving west on I-84 in Gresham, northeast Portland, Oregon, during evening rush hour. Just a couple of weeks ago, yet another agent fired a shotgun at me from the back lot of a sushi joint near a military base while I was driving legally on a state highway.

The behavior of Democrat federal agents enforcing Democrat federal gun control laws in a Democrat court system cannot reasonably be blamed on Donald Trump.

There have been similar killings and attempted killings of Russians and Russian expatriates, falsely (or rather arbitrarily in any case) attributed to Vladimir Putin.

Donald Trump is nominally Commander in Chief of the federal law enforcement as well as the military, but federal agents have strong Democratic Party backup and support for their insubordination.

Its dangerous for Black people simply because it gives a cop Carte Blanche to kill you and make up whatever story they wish if you have a gun.
I'm a 62-year-old white male and anytime a cop stops me for any reason, I hand over BOTH my DL and my CCP. I do not utter the word "gun", ever. The ID lets them know I may have one on me and if they ask, then I just tell them where it is and I keep my hands where they can see them.

No doubt there are some black guys who could do everything I do and still get shot because yes, some cops are racist POS. BUT... the great majority will give the consideration deserved by citizens who pose them no threat. Nearly every instance where these young black men get killed by a cop, there is evidence that they had an attitude and were giving the cop a hard time. I remember one episode where I was out walking at night and got stopped by a female cop with a serious attitude and she made it clear I'd catch a round if I moved at all while she was calling me in.