Rita now a cat. 3 !!!

rcajun90

Jul 7, 2005
New Orleans, Louisiana
The southwest Louisiana Gulf Coast is very shallow. I know from growing up there you have to go at least 70 miles out to get into deep blue water. I'm hoping and praying that as it gets closer, the shallow water will futher down grade the storm. Good luck and God bless all.

rcajun90 said:
The southwest Louisiana Gulf Coast is very shallow. I know from growing up there you have to go at least 70 miles out to get into deep blue water. I'm hoping and praying that as it gets closer, the shallow water will futher down grade the storm. Good luck and God bless all.

That is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing.

Damn rc-----this one looks like its gonna blast LA pretty good again too. And if it doesn't get a steering current it's gonna just sit around east Texas and rain forever--up to 20 inches some places.

dilloduck said:
Damn rc-----this one looks like its gonna blast LA pretty good again too. And if it doesn't get a steering current it's gonna just sit around east Texas and rain forever--up to 20 inches some places.

Yep my home Parish of Cameron is going to be like St. Bernard. It is basically an
island surrounded by marsh. Lake Charles and Beaumont will be hammered. I'm just glad that the storm seems to be losing much of its power. A cat. 5 hitting this area would be unthinkable. I have a first cousin that refused to leave Lake Charles. Please pray for his saftey. :salute:

Too bad it didn't blossom up to a 6 and hit New Orleans again - just to help mop up what Katrina missed... :D

rcajun90 said:
Yep my home Parish of Cameron is going to be like St. Bernard. It is basically an
island surrounded by marsh. Lake Charles and Beaumont will be hammered. I'm just glad that the storm seems to be losing much of its power. A cat. 5 hitting this area would be unthinkable. I have a first cousin that refused to leave Lake Charles. Please pray for his saftey. :salute:

Oh man--he's crazy
That place is going to be blasted--you got my prayers!

now dont think im a bad guy for saying this, or wish anything bad happens to someone, cause i dont. but the people who refuse to leave deserve what they get. its jsut retarded.

Johnney said:
now dont think im a bad guy for saying this, or wish anything bad happens to someone, cause i dont. but the people who refuse to leave deserve what they get. its jsut retarded.

No excuse on this one whatsoever--there has been plenty of time to run like hell. I'm glad it may be sparing Galveston and Houston from the big hit so everyone can go home---Austin just really isn't big enough to handle this population explosion. They are hiring temp armed security guards all over the place here--schools, businesses etc. $1,500 a week right now.

My mother is sticking it out. She lives in the Heights, in Houston, which is about 5 feet higher than the rest of the city. But if Rita keeps weakening and turning north it won't be all that bad.

gop_jeff said:
My mother is sticking it out. She lives in the Heights, in Houston, which is about 5 feet higher than the rest of the city. But if Rita keeps weakening and turning north it won't be all that bad.

I hope your right Jeff--don't forget I'm close if ya need help!

Johnney said:

No you are right. It was stupid since he had two homes here on the Northshore to go to. This is the first time that Lake Charles or Lafayette had to evacuate. What you guys up north don't understand, we run from these things almost every year and usually it is a two day event with minimal damage. It would be I guess similar to you guys packing up with every tornado warning or bad thunderstorm. I'm sure he is by now without power and rethinking his dumb decision. This has been a freak show hurricane season. We need all those Canadians to blow real hard and get some cold fronts coming down which would push these canes away from the Gulf Coast.

rcajun90 said:
No you are right. It was stupid since he had two homes here on the Northshore to go to. This is the first time that Lake Charles or Lafayette had to evacuate. What you guys up north don't understand, we run from these things almost every year and usually it is a two day event with minimal damage. It would be I guess similar to you guys packing up with every tornado warning or bad thunderstorm. I'm sure he is by now without power and rethinking his dumb decision. This has been a freak show hurricane season. We need all those Canadians to blow real hard and get some cold fronts coming down which would push these canes away from the Gulf Coast.

Thats your cue, SAID----you can be a blowhard!!!! :laugh: :poke:

I've watch the news and the amazing lines of cars on the highways, in front of the oil stations....crazy.

Hope all would be OK, and that everybody would go out of this crisis with the less loses as possible.

Courage ! Hold on.

The french population think to the US people, particularly Louisiana and Texas (Houston, Galveston.....)

It's already a good news that the level went from 5 to 3.
Hope it would be less saturday.

Glad I don't live in that area any longer. I said goodbye to New Orleans 15 years ago. I have a cousin in Texas, but she lives up near the panhandle. All she has to worry about are tornadoes.

The Austin sunset was awesome with outer bands glowing in the east---it's gonna be damn scary down there at night time--I can't even imagine it! RC--bet you get to see some Texas looters in action by morning too, dammit.

dilloduck said:
The Austin sunset was awesome with outer bands glowing in the east---it's gonna be damn scary down there at night time--I can't even imagine it! RC--bet you get to see some Texas looters in action by morning too, dammit.

You are going to find that this is going to bring out both the best and worst in people. Perhpas they learned from New Orleans to send in the national guard asap. We are getting some pretty scary gusts (30-40 mph) way over here on the Northshore. This storm is huge.

dilloduck said:

I've only heard so far of three teens they caught in Houston. At least for now it looks like most people are minding their manners.

Forum List

Back