Rising Sea Levels Reshape Miami’s Housing Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like, I've plotted both the RSS and UAH Southern Ocean temps from the same period and they are flat as well..

GLad to share them..
No, you're glad to BS/Link dump/add volume.
I refuted you, so you just RE-posted your silly links which DO NOT make a "better explanation" of Antaractic melting than the Sea-Land Temps that are melting everything else.
Shall I reepost my links in full?

Really, what stupidity.
You just reiterate the premise after it's refuted.
bye II
`

Silly Links? :coffee: I just re-used one of YOURS !!! :cuckoo: If you're referring to the Sat data --- good LUCK refuting the most comprehensive and complete tool science has to measure WHOLE earth temperatures.

These Local Forcings are FAR more important than the air/sea temps for the region since they also include the "remote forcing" , OCEAN CONVEYOR currents that serve the entire planet. Have you ever STUDIED them?

They STABILIZE the entire planet using Ant. as a huge heat sink. Warm waters FLOOD to Ant an Cold waters flow FROM Ant. So when your link says "remote forcings" they are referencing these conveyors that can CHANGE LOCATION and volume..

Most people have no idea on the enormous amount of energy needed to melt that massive ice pack where over 90% of it is always below freezing year around. They think warm waters or warm air that is barely above freezing can melt it all down, which is absurd.

Yeah it is. On my gas bill, there's this construct called "degree days". Which I'm guessing only 2% of customers understand. But it's the product of the TEMPERATURE and DAYS. (they fiddle with it a bit to make the numbers smaller) . But that's the principle predictor of your gas use for heating because it's the ENERGY accumulation over that period.

So --- you can melt approx. the SAME amount of ice with a 0.01DegC anomaly over 100 days as you can with a 1DegC anomaly over one day.

Also the "warmers" do kinda know. The worse science propaganda on the web for science -- I call them SkepShitScience because I don't want to advertise for them --- has a fucking ATOM BOMB COUNTER on each page to strike FEAR into the lemming migration about the energy number for GW temperature anomaly... You can make a construct for energy that PANICS almost any tiny rodent. :19:

C'mon now ....nobody has cared about the Miami sea level rise for over 10 years.
There are about 4 billion photoshopped pictures of Miami 200 feet below the ocean with a 2015 sign!! Nobody takes this seriously except some internet Nutters.
What a piece of pure IDIOCY
My #16 to FCT:

https://gizmodo.com/why-are-sea-levels-in-miami-rising-so-much-faster-than-1797733450

Sea levels in South Florida have gone up about a Foot since the 1930s, but around 2011, the slow upward creep of the ocean seemed to kick into high gear, with tidal gauges recording much faster rates of sea level rise and residents noting a stark uptick in so-called “nuisance” floods.
A new study confirms that this was not Floridians’ imaginations: From 2011 to at least 2015, the rate of sea level rise across the Southeastern US shot up by a factor of Six, from 3-4 millimeters a year to 20, and a combination of oceanic and atmospheric processes seem to be responsible
[.....]
“The Miami area started getting almost an inch of sea level [rise] a year,” Hal Wanless, a coastal geologist at the University of Miami, told Gizmodo. “People noticed that.”
`​

No, what they noticed was the sand that used to replenish the beaches was no longer being renewed by the streams and rivers which have all been dammed. It is a WELL KNOWN problem. In fact there is real good movie that was produced decades ago.

Here is the movie and it talks about the REAL causes, not some fanciful made up silliness.

No, what they noticed was the sand that used to replenish the beaches was no longer being renewed by the streams and rivers which have all been dammed. It is a WELL KNOWN problem. In fact there is real good movie that was produced decades ago.

Here is the movie and it talks about the REAL causes, not some fanciful made up silliness.

WTF is that? Sand?
In my last to you I cited Wikipedia for 6+ Causes of Ice Ages, YOU said didn't have any known causes.

You're a Blithering boob and embarrassment to even USMB.
`

Reason for Alarm?
BTW, if Greenland alone lost it's Ice, and Nowhere else, Sea Level would rise about 23 feet.
And Greenland will lose it's ice.

The Siege of Miami
As temperatures climb, so, too, will sea levels.
By Elizabeth Kolbert
Miami is Flooding | The New Yorker

[.....]
As the ice age ended and the planet warmed, the world’s coastlines assumed their present configuration. There’s a good deal of evidence—much of it now submerged—that this process did not take place slowly and steadily but, rather, in fits and starts.
Beginning around 12,500 B.C., during an event known as meltwater pulse 1A, sea levels rose by roughly Fifty feet in three or four centuries, a rate of more than a foot per decade. Meltwater pulse 1A, along with pulses 1B, 1C, and 1D, was, most probably, the result of ice-sheet collapse. One after another, the enormous glaciers disintegrated and dumped their contents into the oceans. It’s been speculated—though the evidence is sketchy—that a sudden flooding of the Black Sea toward the end of meltwater pulse 1C, around seventy-five hundred years ago, inspired the deluge story in Genesis.

As temperatures climb again, so, too, will sea levels. One reason for this is that water, as it heats up, expands. The process of thermal expansion follows well-known physical laws, and its impact is relatively easy to calculate. It is more difficult to predict how the earth’s remaining ice sheets will behave, and this difficulty accounts for the wide range in projections.

Low-end forecasts, like the I.P.C.C.’s, assume that the contribution from the ice sheets will remain relatively stable through the end of the century. High-end projections, like noaa’s, assume that ice-melt will accelerate as the earth warms (as, under any remotely plausible scenario, the planet will continue to do at least through the end of this century, and probably beyond). Recent observations, meanwhile, tend to support the most worrisome scenarios.

The latest data from the Arctic, gathered by a pair of exquisitely sensitive satellites, show that in the past decade Greenland has been losing more ice each year. In August, nasa announced that, to supplement the satellites, it was launching a new monitoring program called—provocatively—Oceans Melting Greenland, or O.M.G. In November, researchers reported that, owing to the loss of an ice shelf off northeastern Greenland, a new “floodgate” on the ice sheet had opened. All told, Greenland’s ice holds enough water to raise global sea levels by twenty feet.​
[.....]

WTF is that? Sand?
In my last to you I cited Wikipedia for 6+ Causes of Ice Ages, YOU said didn't have any known causes.

`

The loss of sand is the reason for Miami's woes. It is WELL KNOWN. Has been KNOWN for decades, you blithering boob. Come back when you have a factual point, and not the one that resides under your hat!

No, yet again, you are wrong. There is No known Cause.
There are theories only. Learn about the subject before you spew your nonsense.
You're a "no" Troll and have no business on this board.
That you have a position here is even more of a DISGRACE.
"No" is not an answer you clown.
As I said in my last, and you did NOT even touch, you "No" Troll:

Ice age - Wikipedia

You're a 70 IQ Disgrace to this board and a Troll.
SPLATTTTTT.
`
I see your using the IQ of 1 and Wiki to get your talking points.. I wish you had an IQ of 70. You really should read actual science on the matter before showing your ignorance.. The only thing that went splat here is you.. You really should listen to Westwall, you might learn something..

WTF is that? Sand?

`

The loss of sand is the reason for Miami's woes. It is WELL KNOWN. Has been KNOWN for decades, you blithering boob. Come back when you have a factual point, and not the one that resides under your hat!

Bullshit. A loss of sand would not put seawater in the streets. The loss of sand on the beaches due to ocean front construction blocking the normal movement of sand and the failed attempt to rectify the problem with groins has certainly been known about for decades, but we both know it has nothing to do with rising sea level. If you want to claim sand loss is the known cause, let's see your "decades" of sources.

You and Billy Boy criticizing anyone for spouting unestablished crap is hypocrisy at its finest.

And no reply to my comments re sand.

Uhhh, 'cause I was asleep, nimrod. And yes, remove the sand and the ocean is allowed to penetrate farther inland. It truly amazes me how ignorant of every aspect of science you truly are.

C'mon now ....nobody has cared about the Miami sea level rise for over 10 years.
There are about 4 billion photoshopped pictures of Miami 200 feet below the ocean with a 2015 sign!! Nobody takes this seriously except some internet Nutters.
What a piece of pure IDIOCY
My #16 to FlaCalTenn

https://gizmodo.com/why-are-sea-levels-in-miami-rising-so-much-faster-than-1797733450

Sea levels in South Florida have gone up about a Foot since the 1930s, but around 2011, the slow upward creep of the ocean seemed to kick into high gear, with tidal gauges recording much faster rates of sea level rise and residents noting a stark uptick in so-called “nuisance” floods.
A new study confirms that this was not Floridians’ imaginations: From 2011 to at least 2015, the rate of sea level rise across the Southeastern US shot up by a factor of Six, from 3-4 millimeters a year to 20, and a combination of oceanic and atmospheric processes seem to be responsible
[.....]
“The Miami area started getting almost an inch of sea level [rise] a year,” Hal Wanless, a coastal geologist at the University of Miami, told Gizmodo. “People noticed that.”
`​

Yeah but s0n......nobody cares about this. Nobody gives a crap about a few millimeter rise in the sea level. Debate about this is nothing more than an exercise in group navel contemplation.

Show me where anywhere outside the little science club is caring? Besides the internet science ocds, people could not possibly be any less interested in this. And the reason is obvious..... because people know we can't do dick about it.

But knock yourself out I guess.....

Little bit of advice s0n.... go check any major poll from Pew, Rasmussen or Gallup.... that's only on voter concerns. Check what concern is consistently at the very bottom of the list....:113::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Uhhh, 'cause I was asleep, nimrod. And yes, remove the sand and the ocean is allowed to penetrate farther inland. It truly amazes me how ignorant of every aspect of science you truly are.

The submerged streets aren't built of sand. They were built above the 100 year high tide line. You are such a fucking idiot.

The submerged streets aren't built of sand. They were built above the 100 year high tide line. You are such a fucking idiot.

I would suggest you actually look up how oceans inundate the coastline, but you are clearly too stupid to understand the basic concepts.

I guess I could break out my textbooks from college: geological oceanography, meteorological oceanography, coastal systems, wave mechanics. But, I really don't think arguing with someone who thinks the streets of Miami are flooding from a shortage of beach sand requires that much horsepower. I don't think it requires a fucking thing. Your position is patently ridiculous and insupportable. I'm no shrink, but your rejection of rising sea levels looks damn near schizophrenic to me.

Wasn't it you who told us the Marshall Islands were sinking in to the sea? How many times do you think you can play that schtick?

I guess I could break out my textbooks from college: geological oceanography, meteorological oceanography, coastal systems, wave mechanics. But, I really don't think arguing with someone who thinks the streets of Miami are flooding from a shortage of beach sand requires that much horsepower. I don't think it requires a fucking thing. Your position is patently ridiculous and insupportable. I'm no shrink, but your rejection of rising sea levels looks damn near schizophrenic to me.

Wasn't it you who told us the Marshall Islands were sinking in to the sea? How many times do you think you can play that schtick?

No it was me who said that if the Maldives are supposedly going underwater soon, isn't it funny how they just spent hundreds of millions of dollars on nice bright, shiny and new international airports. Kind of stupid to put that much money into something that according to idiots, like you, will be under water long before those construction loans are ever paid off. Or maybe, the whole meme about rapid sea level rise is actually a lie.

"The US$400 million runway project was awarded to China’s Beijing Urban Construction Group as part of ambitious plans to upgrade the country’s main international airport. The Chinese construction giant will also build a fuel farm with a storage capacity of 45 million litres and a cargo complex with the capacity to handle 120,000 tonnes.

Reclamation work to expand the airport island by some 62 hectares was subcontracted to the Dubai-based Gulf Cobla.

The Maldivian government secured a US$373 million concessionary loan from the Chinese EXIM Bank in December 2015 for the runway project. Loan agreements worth US$200 million have also been signed with the Saudi Fund for Development, the Kuwait Fund and the OPEC Fund to finance the airport expansion.

A contract was signed with the Saudi Binladin Group in May 2015 to build a new passenger terminal for an undisclosed amount.

Both the opposition and international financial institutions have warned that the Maldives is facing a high risk of debt distress due to Chinese lending for an unprecedented infrastructure scale-up, which also includes the US$200 million China-Maldives Friendship Bridge to connect the capital to the Hulhulé airport island."

New runway construction begins at Maldives international airport | Maldives Independent

This has been going on in many places in the nation for decades.
Now one of the biggest victims of AGW showing evidence of what is to come.
For all you warming deniers: you Clowns who say "it's colder than normal in Chicago today, so it can't be warming".
Would you write a 30 year mortgage on a Miami waterfront house?

Properties on the coast now trade at Discounts as flood waters and ‘king tides’ damp enthusiasm for oceanfront living
By Laura Kusisto and Arian Campo-Flores
Wall Street Journal - April 20, 2018

MIAMI—Concerns over rising sea levels and floods are beginning to reshape one of the country’s largest housing markets, with properties closer to sea level now trading at discounts to those at higher elevations.

Research published Friday in the journal of Environmental Research Letters shows that single-family homes in Miami-Dade County are rising in value more slowly near sea level than at higher elevations, as buyers weigh the possibilities of more-frequent minor flooding in the short term and the challenge of reselling...
[....]​

balance by subscription, but you get the picture.
`

Here is your "Climate change/ global warming" cause.....it's called stratospheric aerosol injection spraying as part of the (snicker) "Solar Radiation Management Program" that they claim they are not doing yet. The spraying of heavy metal nano-particulates into the ionosphere is creating the very problem the IPCC claims is due to serfs eeking out a living.......do these skies look normal to you???

View attachment 189189 View attachment 189190

Water vapor.....it's killing us!!!!

Yeah but s0n......nobody cares about this. Nobody gives a crap about a few millimeter rise in the sea level. Debate about this is nothing more than an exercise in group navel contemplation.

Show me where anywhere outside the little science club is caring? Besides the internet science ocds, people could not possibly be any less interested in this. And the reason is obvious..... because people know we can't do dick about it.

Little bit of advice s0n.... go check any major poll from Pew, Rasmussen or Gallup.... that's only on voter concerns. Check what concern is consistently at the very bottom of the list....:113::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:
Your posts are funny as well, as Full of Crap.
You alternate between "noboby cares" and making the vast majhority of your posts in the section.

In case you missed it, Sea level is rising 6x faster in the Southeast and Miami, and EVERYONE has noticed.
Every major SE Coastal City, including smaller one as I live in, Cares... and is doing things about it.

`

Last edited:

Your posts are funny as well, as Full of Crap.
You alternate between "noboby cares" and making the vast majhority of your posts in the section.

In case you missed it, Sea level is rising 6x faster in the Southeast and Miami, and EVERYONE has noticed.
Every major SE Coastal City, including smaller one as I live in, Cares... and is doing things about it.

`

Hmm. How can sea level rise faster around that small area? What is the mechanism for that incredibly localized "rise".

Hmm. How can sea level rise faster around that small area? What is the mechanism for that incredibly localized "rise".
My post #16 in THIS String you Clown: It's the SE USA, not just Miami.

""https://gizmodo.com/why-are-sea-levels-in-miami-rising-so-much-faster-than-1797733450

A new study confirms that this was not Floridians’ imaginations: From 2011 to at least 2015, the rate of sea level rise across the Southeastern US shot up by a factor of Six, from 3-4 millimeters a year to 20, and a combination of oceanic and atmospheric processes seem to be responsible.
[.....]
“The Miami area started getting almost an inch of sea level [rise] a year,” Hal Wanless, a coastal geologist at the University of Miami, told Gizmodo. “People noticed that.”"​

Gravity is not even, and we live on a spinning ball.

You are beneath debate, and haven't read (or Comprehended) the string.
PLEASE do not respond or I will be forced to Continue Embarrassing you.
`

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back