Rising revenue ups pressure on GOP to undo budget cuts

that depends, just because more ( and thats relative hello) money is coming now doesn't mean it will remain that way and waste is still waste and mismanagement is still mismanagement.

we got here becasue we spent ahead of pop. growth and inflation etc. creating liabilities we need to pay for in the future, incrementally that pulls from the bottom line on a year to year basis no matter what you are taking in, then you hit lean times in the unstoppable cyclical bus. climate.............. That paradigm has not changed, if we were taking in 60$ in the 90's, took in 55 in the 00's, went to 40 in the last 4-5 years and now are back at 50, and all along spent as if we were taking in 80......well?

Last edited:
Assuming the higher revenue does appear, it should be spent to reduce the defecit, not spent on illegal, immoral, and unConstitutional programs (like Medicare, SS, etc...)

:eusa_eh: WHAT?????

Revenues are rising...or expected to rise? HOW?

I mean...we extended the Bush tax cuts.
And we lowered the SS tax on all people.

With these extended "Tax cuts for the wealthy"....how in the hell are governments getting MORE revenue?

Or could it be....could it possibly be...that the right was..."right", and lower taxes result in increased government revenue in the long run?

LMAO at stupid fucking liberals seeing evidence that WE were right...but refuse to admit it.

Most local gov'ts and school districts are financed by property taxes, which are not going up and in many cases still dropping. They're going to need more help due to rising pension and healthcare costs for their local public union employees. Those increased revenue expectations at the state level are from state income and sales taxes, which frankly I wouldn't put a whole lot of trust in. Some states are reducing the spending cuts, but they still gotta balance their budgets and help out the locals.

Which indicates that indeed the deficit is both a revenue and spending issue; we won’t solve this problem with budget cuts alone.

I think we need to fix the tax code, it's just ridiculous. If we can rev up the economy and crearte more jobs, the revenue problem will solve itself if we fix the tax code. But the spending is where the heavy lifting is, we've gotta make big adjustments there or things will get really ugly.

Paying debt service with forecasted revenue increases is still called a "Workout"

Assuming the higher revenue does appear, it should be spent to reduce the defecit, not spent on illegal, immoral, and unConstitutional programs (like Medicare, SS, etc...)

And you can vote that way.

The vast majority wont

So lemme get this straight.

Budget is cut. After budget is cut, revenue is expected to rise. So now we want to go back to the way the budget was?

Wouldn't that then mean that we would need to cut the budget?

:cuckoo:

So you are a con who hates our constitution?

I'm an ultra-conservative. Much closer to being an Authoritarian than what most Americans currently look at as a Conservative.

I don't hate the Constitution. I do think its authors were incredibly naive about the limitations of the average citizen both mentally and (more importantly) morally. They were also completely ridiculous to believe that any system which lays out the Rights and Privileges for a group (citizens) does not also need to lay out in exquisite detail the RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES of that group as well. I would be much more a fan of the Constitution as agreed to in 1787 than the one we operate under today.

Revenues may only be going up because the Dems have been put in check, but it's not enough to get us into a surplus.

Spending still has to be cut to begin cutting into our massive debt.

It's simple math.

When you're in debt you cut spending till you can begin to pay off your debt.

Otherwise you'll always be in debt.

To put in a way even you might understand:

If you're spending $10 a month and you only take in $5 you'll go into debt. In a year you'll owe $60.

If you all of the sudden start pulling in $6 it doesn't mean you can keep spending $10. By the end of the year you'll still owe $38 for that year plus $60 from the year before. So you'll end up still owing $98 and this debt will continue to grow.

Cut back spending to $5 while you're making $6 means every month you'll pay off a dollar. It may take 10 years to pay it off but you have to cut spending to get there.

Last edited:
how does a society pick who runs things in your line of thinking?

What you have in my society is a much smaller number of Citizens. These are the people who have proven their loyalty and commitment to the country along with their ability to maintain morals and values and provide for themselves. It's much easier to LOSE your citizenship in my society than it is to get it in the first place, and it is impossible to get it back once its lost. Kind of on a similar idea to the citizenship requirements in the "Starship Troopers" universe created by Robert Heinlein. Those individuals are allowed to vote on a ruling council which then chooses a "President" who is not one of their own number. The citizens then vote to confirm that individual. Elections to the council are for 12 year terms. The Presidency is a life long term. HOWEVER, in both cases, any act that would lose the individual their citizenship automatically removes them from the council or Presidency as well.

At least that's the theory.

Forum List

Back