Rising GOP Star, First Governor In U.S. History To Survive Recall Attempt...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Really really bad day for Public Unions/Democrats.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker beat back a recall challenge Tuesday, winning both the right to finish his term and a voter endorsement of his strategy to curb state spending, which included the explosive measure that eliminated union rights for most public workers.

With his defeat of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and the union leaders who rallied for months against Walker's agenda, the rising GOP star became the first governor in U.S. history to survive a recall attempt.

Tonight we tell Wisconsin, we tell our country and we tell people all across the globe that voters really do want leaders who stand up and make the tough decisions," Walker said in his victory speech in Waukesha.

The governor said he was committed to working with his opponents, beginning with a friendly get-together with lawmakers of both parties over brats, burgers and "maybe a little bit of good Wisconsin beer."

With nearly all precincts reporting, Walker had nearly 53 percent of the vote, compared with 46 percent for Barrett, according to unofficial returns tabulated by The Associated Press.

As he conceded his loss, Barrett said the state had been left "deeply divided" by the recall battle.

"It is up to all of us, their side and our side, to listen. To listen to each other," Barrett said.

Walker was only the third governor to face a recall vote. The other two lost, most recently California Gov. Gray Davis in 2003.

Democrats and organized labor spent millions to oust Walker, but found themselves hopelessly outspent by Republicans from across the country who donated record-setting sums to Walker. Republicans hope the victory carries over into November and that their get-out-the-vote effort can help Mitt Romney become the first GOP nominee to carry the state since Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Romney issued a statement saying Walker's victory "will echo beyond the borders of Wisconsin."

Walker "has shown that citizens and taxpayers can fight back - and prevail - against the runaway government costs imposed by labor bosses," Romney said. "Tonight voters said no to the tired, liberal ideas of yesterday and yes to fiscal responsibility and a new direction"...

Read More:
News from The Associated Press
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I thought he made a very good conciliatory speech... whether he has the backbone to stand by those words, and whether the Dems have the backbone to do likewise, remains to be seen. I am not hopeful - neither side seems particularly enthusiastic to do what is best for their state.

I thought he made a very good conciliatory speech... whether he has the backbone to stand by those words, and whether the Dems have the backbone to do likewise, remains to be seen. I am not hopeful - neither side seems particularly enthusiastic to do what is best for their state.

Walker is doing what's best for the State. That's why he won.

Had he been more "concilliatory" early on, the recall would have never happened. His whole team spit in the face of compromise.

Had he been more "concilliatory" early on, the recall would have never happened. His whole team spit in the face of compromise.

Nah, that's what you Union/Democrat dimwits did. And now it's gonna cost ya bigtime.

How exactly do you compromise with politicians who, rather than discuss and debate the issues in question, run away to another state?

Oh and don't think I havent noticed how you are claiming issues with Walkers "unwillingness to compromise" and yet completely support Obama despite his unwillingness to.

Public Unions/Democrats are worse off now in Wisconsin, than they were before. They blew it. Wrong War, wrong time. The Taxpayers have had enough.

The state couldn't afford the Dems version of 'compromise'. The fact remains, the people of the state chose Walker... twice. Get the fucking message. Stop recalling people just because you're pissed you lost. Personally, I think those who instigated the recall should now have to pay for it because it was based on partisan politics and not the best interests of the state.

The state couldn't afford the Dems version of 'compromise'. The fact remains, the people of the state chose Walker... twice. Get the fucking message. Stop recalling people just because you're pissed you lost. Personally, I think those who instigated the recall should now have to pay for it because it was based on partisan politics and not the best interests of the state.

Well, then haul your ass to Wisconsin, become a legal resident, and set them straight. BTW, "I" didn't recall Walker. I don't live in Wisconsin...

You seem articulate - but hostile and crazy.

Really really bad day for Public Unions/Democrats.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker beat back a recall challenge Tuesday, winning both the right to finish his term and a voter endorsement of his strategy to curb state spending, which included the explosive measure that eliminated union rights for most public workers.

With his defeat of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and the union leaders who rallied for months against Walker's agenda, the rising GOP star became the first governor in U.S. history to survive a recall attempt.

Tonight we tell Wisconsin, we tell our country and we tell people all across the globe that voters really do want leaders who stand up and make the tough decisions," Walker said in his victory speech in Waukesha.

The governor said he was committed to working with his opponents, beginning with a friendly get-together with lawmakers of both parties over brats, burgers and "maybe a little bit of good Wisconsin beer."

With nearly all precincts reporting, Walker had nearly 53 percent of the vote, compared with 46 percent for Barrett, according to unofficial returns tabulated by The Associated Press.

As he conceded his loss, Barrett said the state had been left "deeply divided" by the recall battle.

"It is up to all of us, their side and our side, to listen. To listen to each other," Barrett said.

Walker was only the third governor to face a recall vote. The other two lost, most recently California Gov. Gray Davis in 2003.

Democrats and organized labor spent millions to oust Walker, but found themselves hopelessly outspent by Republicans from across the country who donated record-setting sums to Walker. Republicans hope the victory carries over into November and that their get-out-the-vote effort can help Mitt Romney become the first GOP nominee to carry the state since Ronald Reagan in 1984.

Romney issued a statement saying Walker's victory "will echo beyond the borders of Wisconsin."

Walker "has shown that citizens and taxpayers can fight back - and prevail - against the runaway government costs imposed by labor bosses," Romney said. "Tonight voters said no to the tired, liberal ideas of yesterday and yes to fiscal responsibility and a new direction"...

Read More:
News from The Associated Press
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Not quite, Walker has a Democratic Senate he NOW says he will "work with". No, TOO CLOSE TO CALL, actually. Not much of a victory in a recall.

Last edited:

More than likely, Walker will be indicted by the feds or state by the end of the year.

According to government lawyers familiar with a Milwaukee criminal corruption probe, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is now a "target" of the investigation.

The legal sources, who are not involved in Wisconsin's recall, spoke on condition of anonymity. They said Walker faces "serious legal challenges," including "a possible indictment," regardless of the election results on Tuesday.

The sources indicate Walker's status was clarified more than a week ago, allegedly following a series of requests by Walker's legal team that prosecutors publicly clear him of any wrong doing before the recall election. Take Action News reached out to Governor Walker's spokesperson for comment on this story and received no response.

The investigation began in 2010 when Walker served as Milwaukee County executive. Six people have been charged, with accusations ranging from campaigning for Walker on government time to embezzlement. 13 other Walker associates have been given immunity from prosecution in exchange for their testimony in the case.

Scott Walker Denies He Is Target Of John Doe Criminal Investigation

Nah, that's what you Union/Democrat dimwits did. And now it's gonna cost ya bigtime.

Speaking of lacking dignity, see above.

Forum List

Back