Rising costs in Social Security,Medicare and Medicaid...

I'm just a little bit confused over this. I seem to remember during the Bush administration that this came up. And I seem to remember it being shot down in congress, I forget by which side. But I also seem to remember hearing that it was ok because we had 40+ years before there would really be any emergency. Now all of a sudden it's an emergency? What happened? Or am I remembering things wrong. That is always a possibility.

I'm just a little bit confused over this. I seem to remember during the Bush administration that this came up. And I seem to remember it being shot down in congress, I forget by which side. But I also seem to remember hearing that it was ok because we had 40+ years before there would really be any emergency. Now all of a sudden it's an emergency? What happened? Or am I remembering things wrong. That is always a possibility.

The Dems were all against it claiming the 40 year thing. They got a few Republicans to agree with them and killed it. Of course these same dems under Clinton had said the same thing. That Social Security was in danger.

Forum List

Back