Rise of the Planet of the Apes

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Has anybody seen this movie? I'm not a fan of the old movies or the remake with Mark Wahlberg. I mean, they were ok, but nothing great. But this new prequel was actually a good movie. The story was interesting and the CGI was incredible. Check it out.

I was surprised by this movie. I had low expectations, but it was a very decent movie. I was glad they made a much different movie from the originals (or the remake). Sure, there were holes, but it was still very watchable.

• Banned
I was disappointed that they disn't show the human virus spread beyond 2 characters.

Yeah, I can agree with that criticism. I read a review that, while positive, brought up the point that the movie felt more like the first chapter in a long book. It's not hard to see where it goes - obviously, the virus kills off the human race while simians evolve into the walking talking apes that we've all come to know; but they could have gone into that part of the story a little more. Perhaps they're leaving room for a sequel? Prequel sequel? :dunno:

Prequel sequel?
:lol:

It seemed under-funded and hurried. Lacking on plot development.

Did you notice the few references to the original? Like when Draco Malfoy yelled "damn dirty ape".

Prequel sequel?

It seemed under-funded and hurried. Lacking on plot development.

Did you notice the few references to the original? Like when Draco Malfoy yelled "damn dirty ape".

Oh man, that line was cringe-worthy. It reminded me of the Terminator movies. Every one has to have "I'll be back" or "Get out".

I liked the part where the main monkey faced off with badass monkey. Then put him in his place.
It was like a prison. Yeah thinking back on it- not to bad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back