RIP: War Hero/Veteran Passes

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
A man with whom I did't always agree with philosophically and politically passed away last wednesday.

He was a great man. He served and loved his country as much as any man I've ever met.

He even rated a mention in the media...
He was an unbelievably decent man who felt obliged to challenge injustice and unfairness wherever he found it...believing that workers should get a fair shake on the job, that corporations have too much power over our lives and much too much influence with the government, that wars are so murderously destructive that alternatives to warfare should be found, that blacks and other racial and ethnic minorities should have the same rights as whites, that the interests of powerful political leaders and corporate elites are not the same as those of ordinary people who are struggling from week to week to make ends meet...
...NYT

blacks and other racial and ethnic minorities

Kiss their ass, and nothing else about you matters. You WILL be anointed a saint by the media and the rest of our masters.

Stick up for whites, and nothing else about you matters. You WILL be smeared as a devil by the media and the rest of our masters.

Yawn.

A man with whom I did't always agree with philosophically and politically passed away last wednesday....NYT

I think America needs more men like Howard Zinn.
OP-ED COLUMNIST
A Radical Treasure
Our tendency is to give these true American heroes short shrift, just as we gave Howard Zinn short shrift. In the nitwit era that we're living through now, it's fashionable, for example, to bad-mouth labor unions and feminists even as workers throughout the land are treated like so much trash and the culture is so riddled with sexism that most people don't even notice it. (There's a restaurant chain called "Hooters," for crying out loud.)
I always wondered why Howard Zinn was considered a radical. (He called himself a radical.)

blacks and other racial and ethnic minorities

Kiss their ass,..
and the rest of our masters.

Yawn.
Howard Zinn, was a great man where you are nothing but a result of a botched abortion.

Mr. Zinn would protest peacefully for important issues he believed in - against racial segregation, for example, or against the war in Vietnam - and at times he was beaten and arrested for doing so. He was a man of exceptionally strong character who worked hard as a boy growing up in Brooklyn during the Depression. He was a bomber pilot in World War II, and his experience of the unmitigated horror of warfare served as the foundation for his lifelong quest for peaceful solutions to conflict.

Mr. Zinn was in Santa Monica this week, resting up after a grueling year of work and travel, when he suffered a heart attack and died on Wednesday. He was a treasure and an inspiration. That he was considered radical says way more about this society than it does about him.

Last edited:
RIP whoever you are

Howard Zinn. A man who went where most neocon tough guys feared. A patriot who served when called and who fought the good fight. A person who didn't call into question the patriotism of oppponents in order to mask a pitiful lack of obligation to national service (think Cheney)... and a man who did his duty with honor, when called.

A man with whom I did't always agree with philosophically and politically passed away last wednesday....NYT

I think America needs more men like Howard Zinn.
OP-ED COLUMNIST
A Radical Treasure
Our tendency is to give these true American heroes short shrift, just as we gave Howard Zinn short shrift. In the nitwit era that we're living through now, it's fashionable, for example, to bad-mouth labor unions and feminists even as workers throughout the land are treated like so much trash and the culture is so riddled with sexism that most people don't even notice it. (There's a restaurant chain called "Hooters," for crying out loud.)
I always wondered why Howard Zinn was considered a radical. (He called himself a radical.)

We will miss you, Invader Zim.

bdinvaderzim.jpg

RIP whoever you are

Howard Zinn. A man who went where most neocon tough guys feared. A patriot who served when called and who fought the good fight. A person who didn't call into question the patriotism of oppponents in order to mask a pitiful lack of obligation to national service (think Cheney)... and a man who did his duty with honor, when called.

He was a Jew who hated white Christian America. That's the alpha and omega of what you need to know.

Forum List

Back