RIP Sherman Hemsley

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Sherman Hemsley, who played famous George Jefferson in one of my favorite sitcoms The Jeffersons, died days ago. Whenever I saw Sherman Hemsley, I could only think of George Jefferson. Funny how some actors and actresses are never separated from characters they played such as George Jefferson, Sheriff Andy Taylor, Gomer Pyle, Archie Bunker, J.J. Evans, etc. Oh, the hearty laughs I got from watching The Jeffersons! Sadly, it appears the days of good and clean sitcoms are gone.

Thank you, Sherman Hemsley, for the good laughs you brought into our homes! Hope you enjoyed the piece of your pie and have made it up high into some good eternal rest. RIP Sherman Hemsley.

The Jeffersons - ‘Jeffersons’ Star Sherman Hemsley Dies at 74 - ABC News

George Jefferson was meant to be the black Archie Bunker

Sherman Hemsly pulled it off perfectly

I loved watching him play Captain Savage on three episodes of the Family Matters show! :) :) :)

God bless you and his family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. May he be with the Lord now. :) :) :)

Not one of my favorite personalities in show business, but I enjoyed him and Ms. Sanford working together.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1Kjd_0SCA]George Jefferson Teaches Tom How To '' Act Black '' ( Too Funny ) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMnzgZj5CK0]'George Jefferson,' Sherman Hemsley Dead at 74 - YouTube[/ame]

Man, the days of good and clean sitcoms are gone! I enjoy sitcoms, but cannot stand most of today's sitcoms: Language just too foul for me.

I couldn't stand him because of his bigotry and hatred towards white people. It was very offensive.

Maybe he found peace in his after life but I highly doubt that a disgusting hateful racist pig like Sherman Hemsley will ever find peace.

I couldn't stand him because of his bigotry and hatred towards white people. It was very offensive.

Maybe he found peace in his after life but I highly doubt that a disgusting hateful racist pig like Sherman Hemsley will ever find peace.

Just like Carroll O'Conner was the opposite of Archie Bunker in real life, Sherman Hemsley was the opposite of George Jefferson. They were roles these men played on TV. You need to be able to separate fiction from reality. Just Google Sherman Hemsley and you will find how he talks about George Jefferson being the opposite of what he himself believed.

Last edited:
Sherman Hemsley, who played famous George Jefferson in one of my favorite sitcoms The Jeffersons, died days ago. Whenever I saw Sherman Hemsley, I could only think of George Jefferson. Funny how some actors and actresses are never separated from characters they played such as George Jefferson, Sheriff Andy Taylor, Gomer Pyle, Archie Bunker, J.J. Evans, etc. Oh, the hearty laughs I got from watching The Jeffersons! Sadly, it appears the days of good and clean sitcoms are gone.

Thank you, Sherman Hemsley, for the good laughs you brought into our homes! Hope you enjoyed the piece of your pie and have made it up high into some good eternal rest. RIP Sherman Hemsley.

The Jeffersons - ‘Jeffersons’ Star Sherman Hemsley Dies at 74 - ABC News

I will never forget his appearance on Fernwood 2 Night.

. You need to be able to separate fiction from reality. Just Google Sherman Hemsley and you will find how he talks about George Jefferson being the opposite of what he himself believed.

What are you, accusing me of living in a fantasy world?

I've seen with my own eyes on what an obnoxious racist scumbag that he was.

As bigoted as Archie was, at least he was likeable and not a hateful scumbag like Sherman Hemsley was.

Forum List

Back