RIP Shane

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
PHOENIX -- A 25-year-old Phoenix police officer was killed early Saturday morning by a suspected drunk driver who was in the country illegally, investigators said.

Officer Shane Figueroa died while responding to a call about a series of shots fired. Figueroa was heading northbound on S. 19th Avenue, police said.

Police: Officer Killed By Illegal Immigrant - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

When are we going to realize that while it is okay as a nation to have compassion, to simply sit back and do nothing about illegal immigration , will continue these heartbreaking incidents. Shane , lost his life because someone broke the law to come to this country and then decided to break it again to drink and get behind the wheel of an automobile. Tonight, Shane's young wife and child will never see him again thanks to the neglect of others. Is it time now that we finally do something about it?

its way past time we did something to actually control our borders and enforce the existing laws on immigration

PHOENIX -- A 25-year-old Phoenix police officer was killed early Saturday morning by a suspected drunk driver who was in the country illegally, investigators said.

Officer Shane Figueroa died while responding to a call about a series of shots fired. Figueroa was heading northbound on S. 19th Avenue, police said.

When are we going to realize that while it is okay as a nation to have compassion, to simply sit back and do nothing about illegal immigration , will continue these heartbreaking incidents. Shane , lost his life because someone broke the law to come to this country and then decided to break it again to drink and get behind the wheel of an automobile. Tonight, Shane's young wife and child will never see him again thanks to the neglect of others. Is it time now that we finally do something about it?

Man you haven't even BEGUN TO SEE idiocy of faux compassion yet. If Hussein comes to power and gets a leftist legislature... gird your loins, as they will be HYSTERICAL with the very same kind of insanity which is at the root of this fine yound man's untimely demise.

its way past time we did something to actually control our borders and enforce the existing laws on immigration

Dive this young man had a young wife and 3 month old at home and it seems the person that killed this young man had 4 warrants according to local news here. Now, I am not of the round them up and send them back type, but you know it seems to me that to simply sit back and do nothing at all and pay lip service to this group or that group without addressing the issue is a terrible crime. The elected officials who have done this for so long should go to this young widows home and explain to her why?

Man you haven't even BEGUN TO SEE idiocy of faux compassion yet. If Hussein comes to power and gets a leftist legislature... gird your loins, as they will be HYSTERICAL with the very same kind of insanity which is at the root of this fine yound man's untimely demise.

This has been going on here for sometime now PublisInfinitu, the last 6 out of 8 Phoenix Officers killed in the line of duty have been killed by illegal aliens. The interesting thing too about this is that ICE had a hold on this guy before he was let go because of the sancturary policy of our mayor. This do nothing attitude towards this issue has gone on for too long now, and needs the attention it deserves.

Dive this young man had a young wife and 3 month old at home and it seems the person that killed this young man had 4 warrants according to local news here. Now, I am not of the round them up and send them back type, but you know it seems to me that to simply sit back and do nothing at all and pay lip service to this group or that group without addressing the issue is a terrible crime. The elected officials who have done this for so long should go to this young widows home and explain to her why?
i'm not either
but havent they already shown that they dont care about our laws by ignoring them and coming here illegally?

the first thing we need to do is make moves to tighten the board, then we will have to deal with those already here, some how.

You know, Navy, I give you props all the time. But the drunk driving problem is not a function of illegal immigration.

In fact:

Every day, unthinkable tragedies shatter the lives of many families. For Lisa and David, July 2, 2005, began as a perfect wedding day. More than 200 close friends and relatives gathered on the beach. Lisa's fondest memory of the day was of her nieces, 5-year-old Grace and 7-year-old Katie, dressed like princesses, throwing rocks into the Long Island Sound.

Jennifer and Neil hope that sharing their story will save lives.

After a day full of celebration, Lisa's parents, Christopher and Denise, along with her sister, Jennifer, Jennifer's husband, Neil, and their daughters, Grace and Katie, all headed home in a limousine.

"I remember looking in on the limo and seeing Kate and waving goodbye and she waved goodbye and never thought that was going to be the type of moment where you're seeing people for the last time," says David, the groom. "It's, I guess, a moment I see every day."

On the ride home, the limo was struck head-on by a drunk driver. Police reports indicate the driver, 24-year-old Martin Heidgen, had at least 14 drinks, and his blood alcohol level was more than three times the legal limit. Police say he was driving 70 miles an hour down the wrong side of a major highway for at least two miles before he crashed into the limousine.

Horrifying story told to save lives - CNN.com

Now, if I recall correctly, Martin Heidgen, who was convicted of murder for the accident, was from down south. Certainly we wouldn't say his being a southerner was the cause of the problem.

As for the guy who cost Shane his life, he should be deported if he is convicted.

i'm not either
but havent they already shown that they dont care about our laws by ignoring them and coming here illegally?

the first thing we need to do is make moves to tighten the board, then we will have to deal with those already here, some how.

Do you know that the vast majority that are here, are hard working people and cause no problems , but the border needs to be tightened and the laws need to be enforced. We need to make it so these people that are hiding can come out and be documented and give them a path to citizenship. People like that scumbag should NEVER have been here in the first place and policies that out mayor and other mayors around this country promote, allow this to go on. These elected officials need to stop talking and paying lip service to the various groups who put their collective backsides in office and start addressing the problem and we as the voters have a responsibility to boot the ones out that won't.

it will grow and continue regardless of which c.f.r selected candidate wins
the American middle class must be disappear if the global agenda is to be reached
illegal immigration is an important part of that plan..as is the crime that comes with it ..it all benefits the globalsist cause

Last edited:
You know, Navy, I give you props all the time. But the drunk driving problem is not a function of illegal immigration.

In fact:

Now, if I recall correctly, Martin Heidgen, who was convicted of murder for the accident, was from down south. Certainly we wouldn't say his being a southerner was the cause of the problem.

As for the guy who cost Shane his life, he should be deported if he is convicted.

jillian,

Drinking and driving is in my mind no different than taking a loaded gun and shooting it in the air and hoping it doesn't hit anyone. I lost my wife a few years ago to a drunk driver on I-17 and can tell you that the person that killed Shane had no respect for himself or the life or others as anyone who drives drunk does. However, the one point I wanted to make about the illegal issue here was that this person, had been pulled over at least twice by Phoenix PD and had 4 warrants anda hold by ICE on him but do to our mayors sancturary city policy he was let go. So what did he do? he took the weapon "his car" and drank and pointed it at Shane and killed him. He is no different in my eye's than any murdering scum like that worhtless sub-human slime that took my wife from me.

jillian,

Drinking and driving is in my mind no different than taking a loaded gun and shooting it in the air and hoping it doesn't hit anyone. I lost my wife a few years ago to a drunk driver on I-17 and can tell you that the person that killed Shane had no respect for himself or the life or others as anyone who drives drunk does. However, the one point I wanted to make about the illegal issue here was that this person, had been pulled over at least twice by Phoenix PD and had 4 warrants anda hold by ICE on him but do to our mayors sancturary city policy he was let go. So what did he do? he took the weapon "his car" and drank and pointed it at Shane and killed him. He is no different in my eye's than any murdering scum like that worhtless sub-human slime that took my wife from me.

I am very sorry for the loss of your wife. I hope the person who killed her is suffering untold horrors in prison. And I have no disagreement with you that someone who drives drunk is murdering scum. My only point is that they're murdering scum regardless of where they're from. And there was no uproar trying to keep southerners out of ny because the loser driving a pick up truck the wrong way on the Meadowbrook Parkway, who decapitated a little girl happened to be from the south.

That was my only observation. In terms of punishment....someone who drives drunk should be punished to the full extent possible...and the laws in that regard should be tightened up so that the penalties are harsher. Regardless of where the loser came from, he should have been jailed for the history of drunk driving.

As for the santuary city... i don't think that should apply to someone who's committed a criminal act....the loser should have been tossed. Are you sure that he wasn't tossed because of the santuary laws or was it because he hadn't yet been convicted?

I am very sorry for the loss of your wife. I hope the person who killed her is suffering untold horrors in prison. And I have no disagreement with you that someone who drives drunk is murdering scum. My only point is that they're murdering scum regardless of where they're from. And there was no uproar trying to keep southerners out of ny because the loser driving a pick up truck the wrong way on the Meadowbrook Parkway, who decapitated a little girl happened to be from the south.

That was my only observation. In terms of punishment....someone who drives drunk should be punished to the full extent possible...and the laws in that regard should be tightened up so that the penalties are harsher. Regardless of where the loser came from, he should have been jailed for the history of drunk driving.

As for the santuary city... i don't think that should apply to someone who's committed a criminal act....the loser should have been tossed. Are you sure that he wasn't tossed because of the santuary laws or was it because he hadn't yet been convicted?

The way it works is like the jillian, let's say Phoenix P.D. pulls a person over who is an illegal alien and ICE has a hold warrant issued on that person. The Sanctruary city policy says that the officers are not to respond to that it is the responsibility of ICE and are not to notify ICE of the stop. While I agree that drunk driving is a crime no matter who or where you are from, Shane did not have to die for two reasons, one is obvious, drinking and driving. two, had he been taken into custody and deported, Shanes wife and daughter would have their father tonight. Thus the reason , why I have advocated that it's time these elected officials get off their bottoms and do something about the illegal immigration issue.

Another dead American due to a lack of border enforcement.

Do you know that the vast majority that are here, are hard working people and cause no problems
Good for them, but they can be hard-working people and be here legally by getting in line like everyone else.

The way it works is like the jillian, let's say Phoenix P.D. pulls a person over who is an illegal alien and ICE has a hold warrant issued on that person. The Sanctruary city policy says that the officers are not to respond to that it is the responsibility of ICE and are not to notify ICE of the stop. While I agree that drunk driving is a crime no matter who or where you are from, Shane did not have to die for two reasons, one is obvious, drinking and driving. two, had he been taken into custody and deported, Shanes wife and daughter would have their father tonight. Thus the reason , why I have advocated that it's time these elected officials get off their bottoms and do something about the illegal immigration issue.

If the guy who killed your wife was drawn and quartered, I wouldn't lose a moment's sleep. And the loser who killed the officer should be deported the minute he is convicted. But it's not local law enforcement's responsibility to act as Federal agents...and I say that as the wife of a Fed. (not with ICE, though).

As far as I'm concerned, the piece of garbage in the pick up truck...and this guy are no different. They both left where they came from to go kill someone somewhere else b/c they were ignorant murdering drunks.

I think we can agree though that they should be punished to the fullest.

In fact:

However, if he wasn't here, it wouldn't have happened. Pretty simple concept.

I am the round them up and send them home kind of guy. We should shut the border down and then start collecting every illegal and booting them out. Fine every business that hires them and arrest every local Government official that tries to protect them. And charge mexico for the cost of shipping them home. Seize assets if they refuse to pay.

This has been going on here for sometime now PublisInfinitu, the last 6 out of 8 Phoenix Officers killed in the line of duty have been killed by illegal aliens. The interesting thing too about this is that ICE had a hold on this guy before he was let go because of the sancturary policy of our mayor. This do nothing attitude towards this issue has gone on for too long now, and needs the attention it deserves.

Indeed it has... I lived in Scottsdale for several years in the 90s and it was horrible THEN.

I loved Arizona and in particular the tendency of the people there to be vigilent of their individual rights. But of course the fruits and nuts have fled Taxifornia and brought their supercillious humanism with them; which inevitably results in this and every other form of subversion. That AZ can't rinse itself of that cultural virus doesn't bode well for the rest of the nation.

The only problem now, is these elected officials have let this issue go for so long you have famlies that have children that are Americans and in some cases, some of those kids are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. So I am not for just rounding them all up and sending them packing. I am however, for providing a window for registration , that all illegal aliens that are currently in this country need to go to to register. Then provide them after a waiting period a path to citizenship. Further, I am for tightening the border and yes that includes bringing all technologies available to secure it. I am for when this period of registration process is over. the all bets are off method and that, if you are not registered after this date, then you will be rounded up and deported. This issue IMO is not a hard issue to solve , it is just one of those issues that hang on year after year, and now thanks to stupid policies, like our mayors young brave Americans like Shane and his family have to pay the price.

However, if he wasn't here, it wouldn't have happened. Pretty simple concept.

I am the round them up and send them home kind of guy. We should shut the border down and then start collecting every illegal and booting them out. Fine every business that hires them and arrest every local Government official that tries to protect them. And charge mexico for the cost of shipping them home. Seize assets if they refuse to pay.

Man that is a very tempting mind set, isn't it?

But the fact is that rounding them up is costly by virtue of the logistics... They sinple fact is we'll never stop it completely... but we can stop the VAST majority of it by just ENFORCING THE DAMN LAW! Beyond that, they've come because the socil programs make it easy to be here illegally.

The border has ALWAYS been open and we never had an immigration problem until the end of the 1960s... in the wake of "The Great Society." Of course it exploded in the 1990s when the Clinton regime wanted to use illegals to prop up the political support for the ideological left and so on.

As I see it, IF the US could find the cultural courage to stop pandering to the idiots on the left and in so doing stop prmoting illegal immigration by subsidizing those who LIVE HERE ILLEGALLY AND if the US would NOT give citizenship to babies born to illegal mothers who reside in the US... that would knock illegal immigration down to its absolute minimum.

Now to do that, the US will have to have a cultural enema and rid itself of the toxic effects of leftism... but its doable and besides we could ue to lose the dead weight anyhow...

Indeed it has... I lived in Scottsdale for several years in the 90s and it was horrible THEN.

I loved Arizona and in particular the tendency of the people there to be vigilent of their individual rights. But of course the fruits and nuts have fled Taxifornia and brought their supercillious humanism with them; which inevitably results in this and every other form of subversion. That AZ can't rinse itself of that cultural virus doesn't bode well for the rest of the nation.

Well that little streak of Ariziona independance is still alive and well , although it has been somewhat watered down lately. We have a ballot measure called prop 101 that is on the ballot here , to pretty much defend against any federal govt. mandated universal health care. On a side note, out gov. is out doing her best to keep it from passing. The reason we have had such issues with this is actually quite simple. Our economy has become too dependant on illegal alien labor and the powers that be here, refuse to address the issue, because it will effect the local economy.

Cases like this make me all the more sure that anyone causing an innocents death during the commission of a crime should die without exception.

Drunk Driving isn't related to illegal immigration except that if they weren't here then likely the victims would be alive.

Navy I am sorry for your loss. I won't say I can relate and I hope I never have to. But, I know how I believe I would feel and that is bad enough.

Forum List

Back