RIP Mitch Hedberg

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I guess most of you guys probably don't know who Mitch Hedberg was, he was a really funny, really weird comedian who was never really extremely famous but was really starting to get popular. He was funny as hell onstage, and from what I hear he was a really nice guy offstage.

Anyway, I guess he died last night, they're not giving a cause of death, but the initial reports are all pointing at a drug overdose. It's a shame.

Dan said:
I guess most of you guys probably don't know who Mitch Hedberg was, he was a really funny, really weird comedian who was never really extremely famous but was really starting to get popular. He was funny as hell onstage, and from what I hear he was a really nice guy offstage.

Anyway, I guess he died last night, they're not giving a cause of death, but the initial reports are all pointing at a drug overdose. It's a shame.

i LOVED that guy. my hubby has a bootleg copy of a cd he made here in Mpls. his jokes themselves were funny, not super funny, but it was the way he told them and the delivery that made me laugh. I liked his bit about vending machines..."i didn't learn my aa bb cc's ...god god dammit dammit!" and the mcdonalds one 'you always see those mcdonalds commercials that say only at participating restaurants. i'd like to own a mcdonalds and not participate in anything. some one comes in and says 'hey can i get a big mac?' i could say 'Nope. but we got spaghetti!'

I had to look him up, didn't recognize the name. Once I saw his face I do remember seeing him a handful of times. He's one of those guys whose comedy was a bit of an aquired taste. I didn't think much of him the first time I saw him, but I grew to like him. It's a shame when someone goes so young.

I would recommend that whoever is running his official site take down the list of upcoming appearances. It seems a bit odd to have that right next to the memorial forum link.

Whoever's running the site has some issues. A friend of mine posted in that site's forum that Mitch had died and not only was his post removed, but he was banned. Weird.

Yeah, Hedberg wasn't for everyone, but once you got into him, he was great.

Forum List

Back