RIP Gregg Allman

He was no angel. Maybe he is now.

That's sad news. From my home town in Florida. Opened for them in my very first band when they were Allman Joys.. And ran into Gregg out in Cali when his daughter showed up in my daughter's school. Told him I was the "other father from Daytona" and we had a good chat.

He was intense on stage and life. And when I saw him in Cali -- you could see the "miles on his face". It's really hard and stressful living to be a true rock hero.. Really will miss him on this Earth. And think about the Bros when I go back to Daytona and pass their Mom's house..

Bummer. I've always liked bluesy, bluegrass, improv. jam band music. This may sound weird, given my anti-liberal politics, but I'm a long time Deadhead, Phish-phile, Little Feat, Allman Bros., Doors, Rolling Stones, Skynyrd type of music fan. Hearty classic rock, in other words.

Bummer. I've always liked bluesy, bluegrass, improv. jam band music. This may sound weird, given my anti-liberal politics, but I'm a long time Deadhead, Phish-phile, Little Feat, Allman Bros., Doors, Rolling Stones, Skynyrd type of music fan. Hearty classic rock, in other words.
Music ain't political. It's just music.

Except maybe Yoko Ono. That bitch broke up the Beatles.

Music ain't political. It's just music.

Except maybe Yoko Ono. That bitch broke up the Beatles.
True enough, I'll never deny that. Ann Coulter says she's a lifelong Deadhead.

RIP Greg Allman.:(

with wife at the time Cher

That proves how unfair life is: why does a truly inspired musician like Mr. Allman die while a mediocre actress utter cretin like Cher continues to draw breath? Has anyone ever heard Cher make an intelligent comment? Neither have I.

That proves how unfair life is: why does a truly inspired musician like Mr. Allman die while a mediocre actress utter cretin like Cher continues to draw breath? Has anyone ever heard Cher make an intelligent comment? Neither have I.

I know what you mean...but that's another story.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but... Don't listen to what actors or musicians or athletes say about politicians, and vice versa. Cher is as qualified to talk about politics as Curt Schilling. Which means they both have brains the size of peas.

Having said that, Schilling could freaking strike some people the heck OUT. And Cher did in fact have talent. She was no Streep or Hepburn or Mirren, but the Oscar (TM etc etc etc) that she won for Moonstruck was deserved. She was great in that film. And of course she had a great voice. But that does not mean I agree with her politics, with her talking about politics, or even (kidding here) her voting.

Allman was married 7 times.

He must have believed in love.

New Topics

Forum List

Back