RIP Geraldine Ferraro

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Breaking news: Geraldine Ferraro has passed away.

I disagreed with much of her outlook, but do recognize her as breaking ground for women in the public arena.

RIP Gerry.

Geraldine A. Ferraro, who earned a place in history in 1984 as the first woman to run on a major party national ticket, has died, her family said Saturday. She was 75-years-old.

Ferraro, who was born in Newburgh, New York, passed away today at Massachusetts General Hospital, surrounded by her loved ones, a statement from her family read.

The cause of death was complications from multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that she had battled for twelve years.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Geraldine-Ferraro-Dead-at-75-118706824.html

Last edited:
Aww, another thoroughbred dies. Rest in peace Mrs. Ferraro. I admired your lifetime of hard work and how you always followed your heart.

She was a feisty woman and a great politician

Sad to see her go

Loved her campaign with Mondale. She was very smart and always, always knew just how to respond.

RIP, Ferraro. What a gal.

She made history even if it was as more than likely a stunt in one of the worst Presidential campaigns in history.
Liz Taylor, Ferraro.....my money is on Charlie Sheen right now as #3 in the celebrity death trifecta.

She made history even if it was as more than likely a stunt in one of the worst Presidential campaigns in history.
Liz Taylor, Ferraro.....my money is on Charlie Sheen right now as #3 in the celebrity death trifecta.

Zsa Zsa Gabor says she's next, but then she said that before Ms. Ferraro passed away.

RIP Ms. Ferraro.

Immie

Geraldine Ferraro was a centrist Democrat of the Truman and JFK variety and generally supportive and defensive of her party as good party members are, but she was always the lady, always thoughtful, always courteous, and never contentuous in her dealings with anybody. We lost a good one with her.

I'll wager on Zsa Zsa before Charlie Sheen.

Go away. There are plenty of other threads in which you may spew your hatred of humankind. This one is not an appropriate vehicle.

Last edited:
I remember Ferraro in the early 80s when she was a local NY politician. She worked hard for her constituents and gave her all to help them

Whether you liked her politics or not, she was one of the "good guys"

Forum List

Back