RIP - Christopher Reeve... :(

krisy said:
I was lying in bed last night about 1 with a horrible toothache and they came over the radio and announced his death. I couldn't believe it. I had flashbacks of when I was little and we would watch Superman when it was on t.v.-we would get so excited and we loved it. Rest In Peace Superman.

i remember watching it on my great-grandma's tv in Phoenix when I was little. It's one of the few vague memories of being in AZ at 3 or 4.

Now Superman can fly for real, but with the help of angel-wings.

DKSuddeth said:
while lawyers are mostly evil, they are not solely responsible for the high cost of medicine.

hey i resemble that remark...i mean...oh nevermind

I sat next to my father as we watched news reports about Christopher Reeve. My father hasn't walked since May 1st, 1986. Christopher Reeve shared his hope for a cure for spinal cord injury.

Christopher Reeve will always be a hero to me. Not because he wore a cape and played Superman in the movies, but because he truly was a super man.

I know he is walking now.

acludem

acludem said:
I sat next to my father as we watched news reports about Christopher Reeve. My father hasn't walked since May 1st, 1986. Christopher Reeve shared his hope for a cure for spinal cord injury.

Christopher Reeve will always be a hero to me. Not because he wore a cape and played Superman in the movies, but because he truly was a super man.

acludem

How dare you subject me to your reference to some kind of "heavenly" outcome of the death of Reeve ????? Hypocrite !!!! If you want to stop religious expression then be a role model or admit you're wrong !!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
dilloduck said:
How dare you subject me to your reference to some kind of "heavenly" outcome of the death of Reeve ????? Hypocrite !!!! If you want to stop religious expression then be a role model or admit you're wrong !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Help! I'm being oppressed!

Holy bat shit! Acludem is one of the most civil posters on this board - usually. I guess this is just proof that we all have our hot buttons.

Hey, folks - whatever you do - never, EVER accuse acludem of religion. A heinous, baseless attack like that might get you killed!

Do you people understand figurative language? I am a religious person - I'm Buddhist. So I believe Christopher Reeve is now walking in another body.

I apologize for my earlier outburst - I just find it irritating when people use a solemn topic to make silly, asinine statements that are unrelated to the post at hand - in this case my comments on the passing of Christopher Reeve.

acludem

Please - all sides...this thread is about Chris - not for religious debates or fights...please respect the intent with which this thread was created. Take it to PMs or start another thread.

acludem said:

acludem

Well put.

I don't know if the producers of "Superman" even realized it when they cast him, but Christopher truly upheld the spirit of the Superman character, and he showed that until the very end of his life. His courage even seemed to let him accept and adjust to his situation easier than his fans did.

However you believe it, his is walking again.

-=d=- said:
Please - all sides...this thread is about Chris - not for religious debates or fights...please respect the intent with which this thread was created. Take it to PMs or start another thread.

I have no intentions on dishonoring Christopher Reeve any more than displaying the 10 Commandments is done to dishonor other religions. Acludem simply got a taste of her/his own medicine. Perhaps he/she will have a different perspective when she/he fights to stifle someone's faith next time.
The cross etc are merely symbolic--does the ACLU understand that?

Forum List

Back