RIP - Christopher Reeve... :(

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Sad, Sad news...

:cry:
Nikki Finke in Los Angeles is reporting that actor Christopher Reeve is dead, according to sources close to the actor. He died suddenly Sunday. News of his death has not been reported publicly yet. His family will make an announcement Monday at the earliest. Reeve was just mentioned Friday in the second live presidential debate by John Kerry. Noting he was a friend of the paralysed Reeve, Kerry said he was in favor of further stem cell research because Reeve could walk again one day thanks to such science.... MORE...

cr.jpg

MSNBC and CNN are saying it in BREAKING NEWS bulletins.

damn, this is foul...

if there was an actor/activist who deserved to have the president attend his funeral, it would be mr. reeve, he is a true, blue american hero for the ages.

he has done so much for so many who had lost hope because of their injuries or birth defects. remember that super bowl commerical where he got up and walked (computer effect, but nevertheless, very powerful and uplifting), that showed so much the promise of the future ,with american innovation in science.

Yeah. Just found it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6223386/

NEW YORK - Actor Christopher Reeve has died, according to his publicist.

Reeve, who was recognized worldwide for his onscreen portrayal as the comic book hero, Superman, fell into a coma Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home. He was 52.

Reeve suffered a near-fatal riding accident nine years ago. He became a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its number 3. i suppose he wont be making more appearances on smallville then.

Yes, it is heart breaking, especially one who is so young. I also feel badly for his wife and family. But perhaps, now he has peace and doesn't have to suffer any longer.

And then, of course, there's the talk of a "Superman curse". If I were Dean Cain, I wouldn't be walking under any ladders.

Some reports are including the fact that his heart attack may have been caused by a bacteria resistant infection. I've recently had some experiance with this as my sister acquired MRSA (ironically also known as the super-bug) while she was hospitalized for knee replacement surgery. As of now there are only 2 antibiotics left ( both incredibly expensive) that can posssibly reduce the impact of this infection. Both are somewhat toxic and must be administered via IV and under strict supervision. Medical science has a real battle on its hands with this one.

I'll miss ya Superman !

dilloduck said:
Some reports are including the fact that his heart attack may have been caused by a bacteria resistant infection. I've recently had some experiance with this as my sister acquired MRSA (ironically also known as the super-bug) while she was hospitalized for knee replacement surgery. As of now there are only 2 antibiotics left ( both incredibly expensive) that can posssibly reduce the impact of this infection. Both are somewhat toxic and must be administered via IV and under strict supervision. Medical science has a real battle on its hands with this one.

I'll miss ya Superman !
Well, we can thank the lawyers and their litigious ways for this. As well as with the shortage of the flu vaccines. Many drug companies stopped or cut back on research and development of vaccines and anti-biotics because the litigation insurance was too high.

Medical science should come up with a bacteria or virus that only kills lawyers. THAT would be a good thing!

DKSuddeth said:
while lawyers are mostly evil, they are not solely responsible for the high cost of medicine.

Agreed---with the globalization of the drug industry combined with incredible lobbying power in Congress the Pharm companies have managed to buy themselves protection that is not warranted. This is an issue that Congress has to be held responsible for ! Both parties are guilty in selling us out by creating conditions that enable drug companies to screw us !

UsaPride reminded us it always comes in threes.
Janet Leigh
Rodney Dangerfield
Christopher Reeve

I was lying in bed last night about 1 with a horrible toothache and they came over the radio and announced his death. I couldn't believe it. I had flashbacks of when I was little and we would watch Superman when it was on t.v.-we would get so excited and we loved it. Rest In Peace Superman.

Forum List

Back