RIP: Brittany Murphy (1977-2009)

JenyEliza

Princess of Rhetoric
Nov 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA, USA
Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her time of death was listed as 10:04 AM.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word." Murphy was reportedly fired from last film, "The Caller," after reports she was problematic on set.

Read more: Brittany Murphy Dies | TMZ.com

Apparently she is gone due to cardiac arrest.

Poor girl. So sad...especially at this time.

Wonder what drugs she was doing? 32 year olds don't drop dead of sudden cardiac death for no reason.

xotoxi.....? What say you, Doc?

I think she also did the voice of Luanne on King of the Hill

UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

We're told the LA County Coroner's is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars later today and will launch a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:00 PM ET -- We're also told the LAPD has launched a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:07 PM ET -- A rep for Murphy tells TMZ, "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

UPDATE 5:21 PM ET -- Two LAPD officers were just spotted going into Murphy's home.

Her husband doesn't want an autopsy? Hmmm......

Me thinks hubster knows exactly WHY wifey is dead. :eusa_think:

Fortunately, the law provides for this kind of scenario. Whenever someone young suddenly drops dead, the law requires an autopsy be performed in order to rule out foul play.

So sorry hubster, you may be in BIG trouble buster. You better HOPE you had nothing to do with her death. You look kind of creepy to me.

Read more: Brittany Murphy's Husband Doesn't Want Autopsy | TMZ.com

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, told hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center he did not want an autopsy performed on his deceased wife, multiple sources tell TMZ.

We're told, however, despite Monjack's wishes, the L.A. County Coroner's office will perform an autopsy on Murphy. As we first reported, Murphy went into cardiac arrest this morning and could not be revived.

TMZ has also learned Britney Murphy's mother, who found Murphy unconscious in the shower and called 911, told paramedics her daughter had a history of diabetes. We have not been able to confirm if Murphy did indeed have diabetes, and if so, whether it contributed to her death.

Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her time of death was listed as 10:04 AM.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word." Murphy was reportedly fired from last film, "The Caller," after reports she was problematic on set.

Apparently she is gone due to cardiac arrest.

Poor girl. So sad...especially at this time.

Wonder what drugs she was doing? 32 year olds don't drop dead of sudden cardiac death for no reason.

xotoxi.....? What say you, Doc?

I found your answer in the comments section of the story:

13. OMG...32? cardiac arrest? She has been "lit" lately on interviews. I bet it is drug-related and I blame it on her "creepy" husband. I'm just guessing on this one, he gave her drugs or does them with her and knew she could OD.

VERY SAD:(

RIP Brittany....so sorry to her family and fans.

she was always so joyful!!!!!!

Posted at 1:45PM on Dec 20th 2009 by Laney

Sad :(

Filmography
Jump to filmography as: Actress, Soundtrack, Producer, Self, Archive Footage
Actress:

* In Production
* 2000s
* 1990s

1. Poor Things (2010) (in production) (rumored)
2. Shrinking Charlotte (2010) (pre-production) .... Charlotte
3. The Expendables (2010) (post-production) .... Amy
4. Something Wicked (2010) (post-production) .... Susan
5. Abandoned (2009) (post-production) .... Mary

6. MegaFault (2009) (TV) .... Dr. Amy Lane
7. "King of the Hill" .... Luanne Platter / ... (231 episodes, 1997-2009)
- The Boy Can't Help It (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Luanne Platter
- To Sirloin with Love (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Luanne Platter
- Uh-Oh Canada (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Luanne Platter
- Manger Baby Einstein (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Luanne Platter
- Bad News Bill (2009) TV episode (voice) .... Luanne Platter
(226 more)
8. Across the Hall (2009) .... June
9. Tribute (2009) (TV) .... Cilla McGowan
... aka Nora Roberts' Tribute (USA: complete title)
10. Deadline (2009/I) .... Alice Evans
11. Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs (2008) (V) (voice) .... Colleen O'Hallahan
... aka The Beast with a Billion Backs (Australia)
12. The Ramen Girl (2008) .... Abby
... aka Râmen gâru (Japan)
13. Happy Feet (2006) (voice) .... Gloria
... aka Happy Feet: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version)
14. Happy Feet (2006) (VG) (voice) .... Gloria
15. The Dead Girl (2006) .... Krista
16. Love and Other Disasters (2006) .... Emily Jackson-Jacks
... aka Love (and Other Disasters) (Australia: DVD box title)
... aka Love (et ses petits désastres) (France)
17. The Groomsmen (2006) .... Sue
18. Neverwas (2005) .... Maggie Blake
19. Sin City (2005) .... Shellie
... aka Frank Miller's Sin City (USA: complete title)
20. Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (2005) (VG) (voice) .... Karen Light
... aka Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (USA: complete title)
21. Little Black Book (2004) .... Stacy
22. Good Boy! (2003) (voice) .... Nelly
23. Uptown Girls (2003) .... Molly Gunn
24. Just Married (2003) .... Sarah
... aka Voll verheiratet (Germany)
25. 8 Mile (2002) .... Alex
... aka 8 Mile (Germany)
... aka 8 Mile - Jeder Augenblick ist eine neue Chance (Germany: DVD box title)
26. Something in Between (2002) .... Sky
27. Spun (2002) .... Nikki
28. Riding in Cars with Boys (2001) .... Fay Forrester
29. Don't Say a Word (2001) .... Elisabeth Burrows
30. Summer Catch (2001) .... Dede Mulligan
31. Sidewalks of New York (2001) .... Ashley
32. The Audition (2000) .... Daniella
33. "Pepper Ann" .... Tank the 8th grader (3 episodes, 1999-2000)
... aka Disney's Pepper Ann
- The Finale (2000) TV episode (voice) .... Tank the 8th grader
- Unhappy Campers/The Search for Pepper Ann Pearson (2000) TV episode (voice) .... Tank the 8th grader
- Beyond Good and Evel/One of the Guys (1999) TV episode (voice) .... Tank the 8th grader
34. Cherry Falls (2000) .... Jody Marken
35. Angels! (2000) .... Nurse Bellows
36. Trixie (2000) .... Ruby Pearli
37. Common Ground (2000) (TV) .... Dorothy Nelson

38. Girl, Interrupted (1999) .... Daisy Randone
... aka Durchgeknallt (Germany)
... aka Durchgeknallt - Girl, interrupted (Germany: TV title)
39. Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999) .... Lisa Swenson
... aka Gnadenlos schön (Germany)
40. The Devil's Arithmetic (1999) (TV) .... Rivkah
41. David and Lisa (1998) (TV) .... Lisa
... aka Oprah Winfrey Presents: David and Lisa (USA: complete title)
42. Zack and Reba (1998) .... Reba Simpson
43. Phoenix (1998) .... Veronica
44. The Prophecy II (1998) (V) .... Izzy
... aka God's Army II (Europe: English title)
45. Falling Sky (1998) .... Emily Nicholson
46. Drive (1997) .... Deliverance Bodine
47. Bongwater (1997) .... Mary
... aka Bong Water (USA: DVD box title)
48. "Clueless" .... Jasmine (1 episode, 1996)
- Driving Me Crazy (1996) TV episode .... Jasmine
49. "Nash Bridges" .... Carrie (1 episode, 1996)
... aka Bridges
- Night Train (1996) TV episode .... Carrie
50. Double Jeopardy (1996) (TV) .... Julia
... aka Victim of the Night (USA: cable TV title)
51. Freeway (1996) .... Rhonda
52. "Murder One" .... Diane 'Dee-Dee' Carson (1 episode, 1995)
- Chapter Nine (1995) TV episode .... Diane 'Dee-Dee' Carson
53. "SeaQuest DSV" .... Christine VanCamp (1 episode, 1995)
... aka SeaQuest 2032 (USA: new title)
- Second Chance (1995) TV episode .... Christine VanCamp
54. "The Marshal" .... Lizzie Roth (1 episode, 1995)
- These Foolish Things (1995) TV episode .... Lizzie Roth
55. "Boy Meets World" .... Trini (2 episodes, 1995)
- The Last Temptation of Cory (1995) TV episode .... Trini
- My Best Friend's Girl (1995) TV episode .... Trini
56. Clueless (1995) .... Tai
57. "Sister, Sister" .... Sarah (6 episodes, 1994-1995)
- Smoking in the Girls' Room (1995) TV episode .... Sarah
- The Concert (1994) TV episode .... Sarah
- The Birthday (1994) TV episode .... Sarah
- Cheater, Cheater (1994) TV episode .... Sarah
- Slumber Party (1994) TV episode .... Sarah
(1 more)
58. "Party of Five" .... Abby (2 episodes, 1994)
- Good Sports (1994) TV episode .... Abby
- Homework (1994) TV episode .... Abby
59. "Frasier" .... Olsen (1 episode, 1994)
- Give Him the Chair! (1994) TV episode .... Olsen
60. "Blossom" .... Wendy (4 episodes, 1993)
- Blossom in Paris: Part 1 (1993) TV episode .... Wendy
- Blossom in Paris: Part 2 (1993) TV episode .... Wendy
- Blossom in Paris: Part 3 (1993) TV episode .... Wendy
- Blossom in Paris: Part 4 (1993) TV episode .... Wendy
61. "Almost Home" .... Molly Morgan (13 episodes, 1993)
... aka The Torkelsons: Almost Home
- Bowling for Daddies (1993) TV episode .... Molly Morgan
- Hot Ticket (1993) TV episode .... Molly Morgan
- You Ought to Be in Pictures (1993) TV episode .... Molly Morgan
- The Dance (1993) TV episode .... Molly Morgan
- To Date or Not to Date? (1993) TV episode .... Molly Morgan
(8 more)
62. Family Prayers (1993) .... Elise
... aka A Family Divided
63. "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" .... Angie (1 episode, 1992)
... aka Parker Lewis (USA: new title)
- The Kiss (1992) TV episode .... Angie
64. "Drexell's Class" .... Brenda Drexell (18 episodes, 1991-1992)
- The Resentments (1992) TV episode .... Brenda Drexell
- Cruisin' (1992) TV episode .... Brenda Drexell
- Til Death Do You Part (1992) TV episode .... Brenda Drexell
- Ashes to Ashes (1992) TV episode .... Brenda Drexell
- Beauty & the Beast (1992) TV episode .... Brenda Drexell
(13 more)
65. "Kids Incorporated" .... Celeste (1 episode, 1992)
... aka Kids Inc. (USA: short title)
- Lay Off (1992) TV episode .... Celeste
66. "Murphy Brown" .... Frank's Sister (1 episode, 1991)
- On Another Plane: Part 1 (1991) TV episode .... Frank's Sister
Brittany Murphy

More answers. I found them on the internet so they must be true.

John Says:
May 11th, 2007 at 7:12 pm – flag comment

Simon Monjack is a con artist! He has been married before. He has a daughter in London. He uses different social security numbers. He conned his last girlfriend out of a car and her savings account. He conned the girlfriend before that out of $20,000 by stealing a credit card. He gave his last girlfriend a fake engagement ring. He ruined her credit. He convinced a casting director to buy him a car in her name and promised to pay the bill- never did. He also never paid her for her work and skipped town. He pretends he's a millionaire and his business partner died and so his money has been frozen for the time being. Oh, and he wears his pants (that I'm sure Brittany bought him) way to tight. Like a stuffed sausage! OPEN YOUR EYES BRITTANY- see him for who he is!
#
sara Says:
May 15th, 2007 at 11:10 am – flag comment

Simon Monjack is has been married before and owes his ex plus many girlfriends serious amounts of money. He is a con man. Bought fake diamond rings for women in the past and wiped them out financially. Oh, Britney, you married him with your eyes closed. Good luck. Hope you have a pre-nup!
#
Ex Mrs Monjack Says:
May 15th, 2007 at 7:10 pm – flag comment

Hope she's got a very good sense of humour and great solicitor on standby..
#
charles Says:
May 16th, 2007 at 6:24 am – flag comment

Simon Monjack is a tremendous con artist, sociopath and thief. It is amazing that he is still on the loose and not in jail! He has conned women into giving him money, changed his phone number all the time (pretending he was important), he somehow lost his family's money on the truly horrific film Two Days Nine Lives, and has been scrambling to catch a wealthy or at least connected women to open doors for him.
He has been married before. He tried to attach himself to Alexandra Kerry at the Cannes Film Festival a few years ago (luckily the Secret Service must have checked him out asap). He was labled a slick talking promoter with a dubious background. He keeps claiming he has family money, a wealthy partner's money, but in reality he has nothing.

If anyone knows Brittany's Management, they should send advice: have background check done on Monjack…his past is so ugly it is not even funny. he was also bankrupt in the UK it goes on and on.

Ex step child of Simon Fakejack

May 18th, 2007 at 1:19 pm

Simon is the biggest FAKE out there he does not support his first born daughter (my little sister) how he hooked up with Brittany i dont know but the truth about him will surface in time.

Brittany Murphy Marries Scruffy Screenwriter Simon Monjack? - Celebrity news, gossip, and pictures

1220_murphys_ex.jpg

Here's a picture of Brittany and her husband.

He looks creepy to me. :eusa_eh:

More pics of the "grieving widower".

Wonder how much life insurance Brittany carried? My bet is Simon Jackoff is listed as her beneficiary.

:eusa_think:

1220_brittany_murphy_simon_monjack_ramey.jpg

Drugs will catch ya sooner rather than later.

Unless you're Keith Richards...

Brittany Murphy dead after heart attack from possible drug use; Ashton Kutcher responds

Brittany Murphy is dead after a heart attack from possible drug use; Ashton Kutcher responds. Brittany Murphy was found in the shower unconscious, and her husband, Simon Monjack called 911. Murphy went into cardiac arrest and wasn’t revived. She was pronounced dead at 10:04 am on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Sunday.

Brittany starred in the movies Girl Interrupted, Clueless, Don’t Say a Word and Just Married.

Associated Content reported that there are rumors of possible cocaine drug use with a combination of an eating disorder as possible cause of death factors.

Ashton Kutcher dated Murphy for a short period of time and they starred in Just Married together. Fans sent hundreds of tweets to Kutcher saying that they were sorry for his loss.

After a few hours of incoming tweets, Kutcher responded with this tweet:
"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon."

Followed by a second tweet:
"see you on the other side kid."

Interesting. Brittany's husband was recently rushed to the hospital (November 28th). Supposedly for an "asthma attack". Unfortunately, this was during the Tiger Woods/Elin Nordegren heavyweight title bout, so there was no follow up on this story.

Hmmmm......drugs done by both? Perhaps this is why he wants no autopsy, he doesn't want to be implicated? Ya think?

Brittany Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack, was rushed to a hospital at LAX this afternoon after his plane landed at LAX. And we're told Britney didn't think it was serious enough for her hubby to go to the hospital, but the fire department disagreed.

The flight from Puerto Rico landed in Los Angeles at 2:40 PM today. We're told Monjack was incoherent when EMTs boarded the plane.

Murphy told the responding fire dept. personnel she thought it was an asthma attack , but the EMTs felt it could be more serious than that.

We don't know his condition.

We've left a message for Brittany's rep, but have not heard back.

Read more: Brittany Murphy's Hubby Rushed to Hospital | TMZ.com

Brittany Murphy's Husband 911 Call | TMZ.com

So....just on November 28th, her husband stops breathing on an airplane back from Puerto Rico, and she didn't think he needed to go to the hospital?

Hmmmm. Yep, something is definitely hinky with these two. I'm thinking drugs up the ying, yang.

Two young married childless people stop breathing within weeks of one another? One lives, one dies?

Hmmm, yeah, another high-profile celeb homicide investigation for the LA Coroner's office.

In the 911 call they say Monjack "stopped breathing" but they "revived him."

As we previously reported, Monjack was incoherent when EMTs boarded the plane after it arrived from Puerto Rico on November 28 -- Murphy thought it was due to an asthma attack, but EMTs thought it could be more serious.

Read more: Brittany Murphy's Husband 911 Call | TMZ.com

Geez, the more I read about this chick, the more it's easy to see her life was unraveling, and quickly.

This incident happened October 28th--exactly one month before her husband's "collapse" on the plane, and almost exactly 2 months before her tragic, needless death.

In hindsight, Murphy's life looks like a poor imitation of Lindsay Lohan. Except LiLo is still alive (for now).

TMZ has learned cops received a frantic 911 call around 2:30 this morning from neighbors complaining about a screaming Brittany Murphy, who was wailing about shots fired outside her Hollywood pad.

When LAPD arrived on the scene, they saw the panicked actress on her balcony, yelling about the alleged gun fire.

No weapon, bullet or body was found -- and after an investigation, the noise was discovered to be coming from a generator, which had been acting up due to the funky L.A. weather last night.

For the cops' sake, let's hope this is the kinda thing that only happens sporadically.

Read more: Brittany Murphy to Cops: I Heard Gun Fire! | TMZ.com

Wonder how much life insurance Brittany carried? My bet is Simon Jackoff is listed as her beneficiary.

You gotta be kidding.......HE was married to:

Brittany%20Murphy.jpg

HER????

:eek::eek::eek:

Yep.

And now he's a wealthy grieving widower, whereas before she died he was just Mr. Brittany Murphy, a major con-artist, deeply in debt. He was disliked so much by his own children and family, not to mention other Brits that they shooed him out of England.

Yeah. She married THAT.

I wonder how much life insurance she left for him? I'm betting signficant sums. And I'm betting he's sweating major fucking bullets right now.

You gotta be kidding.......HE was married to:

Brittany%20Murphy.jpg

HER????

:eek::eek::eek:

Yep.

And now he's a wealthy grieving widower, whereas before she died he was just Mr. Brittany Murphy, a major con-artist, deeply in debt. He was disliked so much by his own children and family, not to mention other Brits that they shooed him out of England.

Yeah. She married THAT.

I wonder how much life insurance she left for him? I'm betting signficant sums. And I'm betting he's sweating major fucking bullets right now.

My guess: Hung like an Elephant.:evil:

This is what happens when wimmin marry men for Dick Size.

Forum List

Back