Brutish actor Albert Finney has died.

He was 82.

Of course he is known for his famous line from the film, "Network."

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

INCORRECT VIDEO HAS BEEN REMOVED

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG VIDEO

The actor in "Network" was Peter Finch.

I apologize for the error.

I always made that mistake. But the last time I did was so long ago that I had forgotten my tendency to mistake the two actors.

Thanks to C_Clayton_Jones and the rest of you, who brought the error to my attention.

LC

Last edited:
Rest in peace, Albert Finney. Loved your appearance as Annie's godfather and hero, who gave an orphan a luxurious lifestyle and won everybody's heart.

Last edited:

He was 82.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Pretentious arrogant twit character...very like real newsmen...only they're a lot less intelligent and sane.

Peter Finch.

Quite right!

Many thanks to you, C_Clayton_Jones, for bringing my attention to the mistake and an extra does of gratitude for not rubbing my nose in it.

You will receive blessings from this self-restraint.

:113:

He was 82.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Pretentious arrogant twit character...very like real newsmen...only they're a lot less intelligent and sane.

I was mistaken.

Peter Finch was the actor in Network.

Regrets.

Rest in peace, Albert Finney. Loved your appearance as Annie's godfather and hero, who gave an orphan a luxurious lifestyle and won everybody's heart.

Thank you.

I regret my error.

It is not like me to make such mistakes.

Thanks for correcting the record.

He was 82.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

This was Peter Finch.

I always made that mistake. But the last time I did was so long ago that I had forgotten my tendency to mistake the two actors.

:777:

Thank you.

I regret my error.

It is not like me to make such mistakes.

Thanks for correcting the record.

It's okay. Those two look alike in some ways, and when I heard Albert Finney had passed this morning, all I could think of was the movie based on cartoon character Little Orphan Annie that was popular back in my schooldays. I didn't know he had played Tom Jones and so many other Academy-Award-winning nominations he didn't win, and an emmy award he did receive, found only after I looked him up. You did a good thing by starting the thread to honor a very gifted craftsman who had a way of giving other people respite from heartaches and boredom, disgust and despair. Hollywood can be weird, but it also can keep people cheerful when they are depressed. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all err. Not all of us are good enough human beings to admit it. Thumbs up, Mr. Leecross.

Tom Jones was his craft into the big time.
Read an interesting article once that he and Peter O'Toole were both offered THAT role and both offered Lawrence of Arabia.....their choices MADE their careers.
I'm glad somebody liked Lawrence of Arabia. When I watched it, I fell asleep twice, and couldn't follow it. But in his other roles, Pete O'Toole made me laugh my butt off. So I'm glad the movie put a talented man into the limelight and by omission gave another opportunities to entertain other kinds of people. I have the Lawrence of Arabia cd. Maybe one of these days I'll make a couple of pots of coffee and get some toothpicks to hold my eyes open and try one more time to watch all of it. or would that be considered self-inflicted torture? <giggle>

He was 82.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

This was Peter Finch.

:777:

Bodey! Down girl, down!!! lmao

Albert Finney was one of my favorite actors, he did my favorite Scrooge and he did an excellent Churchill in The Gathering Storm. Sad to see him go.

Albert Finney was one of my favorite actors, he did my favorite Scrooge and he did an excellent Churchill in The Gathering Storm. Sad to see him go.

I liked his portrayal in The Gathering Storm better than the Gary Oldman version.
The Darkest Hour....... Had to look it up. Brendon Gleeson did the Gathering Storm sequel, Into the Storm, did a great job also.

I liked his portrayal in The Gathering Storm better than the Gary Oldman version.
The Darkest Hour....... Had to look it up. Brendon Gleeson did the Gathering Storm sequel, Into the Storm, did a great job also.

The Gathering Storm was a TV miniseries. And you got that in the US?

Forum List

Back