Riots Over the Degrading Of The Koran

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1611925,00.html

I just have to put my 2 cents in here. This is absolutely ridiculous. More allegations that the U.S. is so horrible and everyone else is innocent. I'm sick of it. In the first few paragraphs,notice how "preachers" were calling for vengeance over the supposed mistreatment of the Koran. Look at how these people reacted. Riots,killing people,burning the U.S. flag,mouthing off about the American people and having no respect,once again,for us. But wait,we still have to respect what they believe in,because after all,it is a peaceful religeon. They can degrade our religeon,our beliefs,and even kill thousands of Christians and Jews while doing it,but,I guess that is o.k.

Now,I know not everyone in the Muslim community behaves like this,but isn't there a double standard here?!!!

I still support my troops :salute:

krisy said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1611925,00.html

I just have to put my 2 cents in here. This is absolutely ridiculous. More allegations that the U.S. is so horrible and everyone else is innocent. I'm sick of it. In the first few paragraphs,notice how "preachers" were calling for vengeance over the supposed mistreatment of the Koran. Look at how these people reacted. Riots,killing people,burning the U.S. flag,mouthing off about the American people and having no respect,once again,for us. But wait,we still have to respect what they believe in,because after all,it is a peaceful religeon. They can degrade our religeon,our beliefs,and even kill thousands of Christians and Jews while doing it,but,I guess that is o.k.

Now,I know not everyone in the Muslim community behaves like this,but isn't there a double standard here?!!!

I still support my troops :salute:

Let's just look at how 'tolerant' the Saudis are:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2002/14012.htm

http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=countries&Area=saudiarabia&ID=SP90105

The Saudi reigious police......that about says it all. DO they not understand the meaning of religious freedom?!!! And if they don't mind people worshiping in private,then why were they arrested? Oh,that's right ,because they were trying to spread that ever so venomus poison of Christianity. :blah2:

If this is how some of these people are going to behave,there isn't a whole lot there to respect. Why should the U.S. soldiers?

I occasionally post stuff on an Islamic forum, trust me, they can do NO wrong. How is that possible?

Well, if someone does something bad in the name of Islam, then he/she is NOT truly a muslim. Note: see previous thread about what a "true" muslim is. So to them, don't look to individuals, look at "Islam." It's just like that "Arabian" fellow that sometimes frequents this joint: "look not at car, but not at the driver."

Ok, then why the hell do muslims (Arabian included), look at the "car." They see a few bad acts and then riot over ALL America. These people are very hypocritical.

At the end of most arguments, they merely throw out stuff about how "peaceful" Islam is, just read the Quran. Well, guess what, I have read a good portion of it and it calls for violence against non believers. It calls for subjugation of Christians. These guys are worse than liberals, for they have perfected the ability to whine and whine, only to make their point seem valid.

Be very cautious about Islam.

the problem is the religion itself. It is far from a religion of peace and more a religion of vengeance and violence.

On the story itself, the only proven instance where a Koran was desecrated was when a prisoner at guantanomo tore it up and stuffed it in the toilet to clog it up in protest.

The media (newsweek, ABC) was spreading this unconfirmed rumor and look what its done. Violence in Afghanistan killing Afghans and Americans by enraged tribesmen, heavier violence in Iraq, mass protests... irresponsibility at the highest level.

NATO AIR said:
The media (newsweek, ABC) was spreading this unconfirmed rumor and look what its done. Violence in Afghanistan killing Afghans and Americans by enraged tribesmen, heavier violence in Iraq, mass protests... irresponsibility at the highest level.

To tell the truth, it was one paragraph in a short article in Newsweek that started all this.

None of it matters, truth is as someone pointed out on another thread, Islam IS violent. They are never wrong, (Arabian), if they are wrong, they are not Muslim.

Hypothetical question: If taking a shit on the Koran and setting it afire was likely to produce information from a detained terrorist... would that be so wrong?

JayW said:
Hypothetical question: If taking a shit on the Koran and setting it afire was likely to produce information from a detained terrorist... would that be so wrong?

IMHO no. Then again, I'm not Condolezza.

JayW said:

The odds if this producing info are almost nill. Trust me.

Yurt said:
The odds if this producing info are almost nill. Trust me.

My question is would it be wrong.
Desecrating someone's religion isn't cool, but is it a violation of a prisoner's rights?

JayW said:
My question is would it be wrong.
Desecrating someone's religion isn't cool, but is it a violation of a prisoner's rights?
well damn---for awhile there we were just having a good old war and killing people who have vowed to kill us.----Now we're back to splittin fricking hairs and needing legal opinions----great way to lose a battle !!!

JayW said:

Not in my opinion. We are constantly told to respect other's religeons. I don't have a problem with that until a particular one says it's o.k. to kill me because of what I believe. Thousands,if not millions of these people buy into this crap,which is starting to make me wonder if this is really a "peaceful" religeon. As far as what the soldier(s) did to the Koran,doesn't bother me to be honest.

dilloduck said:
well damn---for awhile there we were just having a good old war and killing people who have vowed to kill us.----Now we're back to splittin fricking hairs and needing legal opinions----great way to lose a battle !!!

Where do YOU draw the line?

krisy said:
We are constantly told to respect other's religeons. I don't have a problem with that until a particular one says it's o.k. to kill me because of what I believe.

So we should not respect Islam at all? Just wondering what you mean exactly.

sparked by a single paragraph in a magazine alleging that US military interrogators had desecrated the Koran.

This article is only an excuse for the violence.
This boils down to one simple thing: some people are just no damn good.

I wonder how much violence this thread will cause?

JayW said:
So we should not respect Islam at all? Just wondering what you mean exactly.

I guess I'm starting to feel that way. I've never been one to have a problem with people that believed something different then me,but I just have to ask what is there for me to respect? I know there are peaceful Muslums,but the Koran isn't very peaeful. All these people getting killed in the name of Allah,Islam. I know when I go to church on Sunday,my preacher won't be preaching vengeance because someone burned a bible,but rather to pray for them,as hard as it is.

wolverine said:
This article is only an excuse for the violence.
This boils down to one simple thing: some people are just no damn good.

I wonder how much violence this thread will cause?

This thread? Cause violence? I hope not!!!

krisy said:
This thread? Cause violence? I hope not!!!
If someone reads it who does not think we are showing proper respect, it just might.
Let's pray about shall we.
Worshippers in Pakistan poured on to the streets after prayers, chanting “Death to America”, and burning American flags.
Going to church and praying always puts that type of love in my heart.

krisy said:
I know there are peaceful Muslums,but the Koran isn't very peaceful.

For me, knowing that there are peaceful Muslims who respect my rights is enough reason to respect their religion as I want them to respect mine. Though I'll admit to not being a fan of the Koran in any sense...

Forum List

Back