Riots in the 1960's

Ah. Yes. The 1960s. How well I wish I could forget! Been there. Done that. Wouldn't go back.

You just gotta love all of those who just hate all the haters! :lol:

You wouldn't go back? In spite of my nam tour, I would love to go back to those high spirited times, and do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!!! I used to live down in New Port beach, Ca., and enjoy the surfing world and beach partys. Kids today are stuck on IPODs & such, never get out because there is nothing to see, nothing to do.
Hell yeah, transport me back!!!:clap2:

Dear Lord, the music. Never been as great since then. Nowhere near.

what rights where JFK trying to ban?

there is a difference in why people reacted to each slaying differently.

Lets strip you of some rights and see how well you react, when the person who is advocating for you is shot down.

Their Riots are understandable to say the least.
I protest peacefully. At TEA Party rallies, I hold a flag. At military funerals, I hold a flag. I also protest at the voting booth. I do not set fire to cars and buildings.

good for you...what rights where you fighting for?
The right to protest liberal policies and in the case of funerals, I protest the ignorance of Reverend Phelps and his followers.
What have you protested that would justify burning cars and buildings and looting stores? Or are you saying that only liberal causes are important enough to warrant violent protest?

Yes, but apparently you don't.

Those riots were a reaction to the assassination of MLK.

Maybe you should try to explain your point a little better.

And then explain who in congress was involved in the riots.

So King got shot and it's OK for people to burn cities? Did the same people riot when John or Robert Kennedy was shot?

Peach's assessment is correct.

Lets strip you of some rights and see how well you react, when the person who is advocating for you is shot down.

Exactly - what rights were JFK or LBJ trying to "ban?"

Truth is that the MAJORITY of the hippies were opposed to the Vietnam war and actually were trying to "bring the war home" by committing acts of domestic terrorism and rioting.

And who was the war against? oh yea a bunch of totalitarian communist moonbats.

That's right - the little hippie fucks who demand their "rights" had a problem with the US because the US had a problem with a violent communist authoritarian regime in Vietnam.

In short the hippies here in the US got bent because the US was fighting an authoritarian communist coup while they demanded their "rights" to riot.

Does anyone see the contradiction there?

Oh and it was at this time that Mao gave birth to a real life version of "Lord of The Flies" with his youth revolution....

OH and then after the hippies made opposition to communism so unfashionable a guy by the name of Pol Pot arrived and decimated, enslaved then murdered 2,000,000 people in little Cambodia with his totalitarian communism, and the US could do nothing about it.

The truth is that if you were real liberals you would be promoting Ron fucking Paul right now - but your not real liberals - you're a bunch of ignorant communists.

Oh and by the way your rights are being buttfucked and assaulted right now by the politicians you support as representatives with their "government knows best" bullshit.

i am? where am i denying such things? What i am saying is your silly little broadbrush isnt going to work here.

Like i said you are a racist because someone back in history hanged a black man, but also held your views on life.

Your shifting your argument in order to paint me as something i am not.
This is you:
The sky is blue and you thinking its not blue makes you dumb.
Me: the sky is blue
You:
your still wrong, i said its blue!

Tiny isnt a conservative either....But liking the 60's doesnt make her a progressive pro weather underground person either.

Your lack in education and rational is sad.

You just called a poster "stupid" for pointing out facts.

It's you that rationalizes with whatever jibes with your stupidity - all progressives have that problem so you're not unique with that mental disorder.

So the next time someone says progressives riot and commit domestic terrorism in the name of their political philosophy you better not call a person "stupid" for making that assertion because its TRUE...

Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean truth stops where your education or knowledge does.

I suppose if you don't know it and if you don't agree with it - its a lie and those making the claims are "stupid" because you're ignorant??

nice punt, you didnt address anything i actually said. Your shifting your argument again.

You're the dumb motherfucker trying to shift the argument...

Hell man you even tried to bait me by calling me a racist.

I'm keeping the thread on point - you're the one trying to "progress" it to the insane lies you want to discuss.

Don't even attempt to play the victim card here fool.

The right to protest liberal policies and in the case of funerals, I protest the ignorance of Reverend Phelps and his followers.
What have you protested that would justify burning cars and buildings and looting stores? Or are you saying that only liberal causes are important enough to warrant violent protest?

no i dont protest,but race> liberal polices.

See here you go again with your race bullshit.

Every time a progressive gets their asses handed to them they go straight to the race bullshit.

Every time a progressive gets their asses handed to them they go straight to the race bullshit.

um race riots are a little more understanding than rioting over disagreeing with policies.

I'm not getting my ass handed to me. We are comparing Race riots vs the recent tea party protests.

Again education is not your strong suit huh?

No race riots are still riots...

They're not "understandable."

Is pulling an innocent truck driver out of his cab and throwing a brick at his head "understandable?"

Is destroying your own community "understandable?"

Is acting like a fucking animal "understandable?"

You really are stupid aren't you?

Of course this does not change the fact that you insist to change the subject from progressive retards rioting because they're a bunch of apes to a bunch of apes rioting because they're apes.

Exactly - what rights were JFK or LBJ trying to "ban?"

Truth is that the MAJORITY of the hippies were opposed to the Vietnam war and actually were trying to "bring the war home" by committing acts of domestic terrorism and rioting.

And who was the war against? oh yea a bunch of totalitarian communist moonbats.

That's right - the little hippie fucks who demand their "rights" had a problem with the US because the US had a problem with a violent communist authoritarian regime in Vietnam.

In short the hippies here in the US got bent because the US was fighting an authoritarian communist coup while they demanded their "rights" to riot.

Does anyone see the contradiction there?

Oh and it was at this time that Mao gave birth to a real life version of "Lord of The Flies" with his youth revolution....

OH and then after the hippies made opposition to communism so unfashionable a guy by the name of Pol Pot arrived and decimated, enslaved then murdered 2,000,000 people in little Cambodia with his totalitarian communism, and the US could do nothing about it.

The truth is that if you were real liberals you would be promoting Ron fucking Paul right now - but your not real liberals - you're a bunch of ignorant communists.

Oh and by the way your rights are being buttfucked and assaulted right now by the politicians you support as representatives with their "government knows best" bullshit.

what

I know, right? It looks like English, and everything! And yet .....

So you are saying only blacks are justified to burn and loot? Kind of racist, aren't you?

um race riots are a little more understanding than rioting over disagreeing with policies.

I'm not getting my ass handed to me. We are comparing Race riots vs the recent tea party protests.

Again education is not your strong suit huh?

Yeah, You're getting your ass handed to you, alright.

These are the very same people that is in the house and senate right now and are Liberal Dem's.
Lead by Al Sharpton and Rev. Jackson back in the 60's

WASHINGTON, D.C. ENGINE CO. 4, "1960's" - YouTube

The film is taken from actual footage of the devastation but the music is War that hit the charts in 1970.

Why do you Dem's want these hateful people representing you?
All they have ever wanted is power and control over you.

Because it's better than having you hateful people representing us.

Ah. Yes. The 1960s. How well I wish I could forget! Been there. Done that. Wouldn't go back.

You wouldn't go back? In spite of my nam tour, I would love to go back to those high spirited times, and do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!!! I used to live down in New Port beach, Ca., and enjoy the surfing world and beach partys. Kids today are stuck on IPODs & such, never get out because there is nothing to see, nothing to do.

Lotta people got the clap. Not so glamorous! LOL. I wouldn't have wanted to be working in public health in the 60s.

While those on the Right sit and wring their hands over some potential civil unrest, they have forgotten the motivations for the unrest of the 1960s. One motivation was the lack of civil rights protection. It seems there were social conservatives in the south unwilling to loose the reigns of power and grant African Americans the simple civil rights we take for granted today.

Another motivation was the draft. The meat grinder that was Vietnam took some of the best and brightest away to fight in that protracted and ultimately unwinnable war. Imagine if we had a draftee military today. Would people sit back and be as relatively indifferent to the two, protracted and ultimately unwinnable wars in Iraq and Afghanistan after ten years of combat and loss?

Those conservatives you speak of back in the 60s were Democrats. They couldn't keep the Civil Rights law from passing so now they are attempting to control the blacks by convincing them they can't be successful and they need THEM (the Democrats) to take care of them. The blacks who ignore this advice and make something of themselves are Republican.[/QUOTE

Actually, while you're trying (and failing) to revise history. Those dems you speak of, are now the states that are red. Check your history. Texas, mississippi, alabama, georgia, you name a red one I can tell you when it was blue. (Special note) The dems used to be known as the party of the KKK. I can just see Harry Reid in a klan robe now. OY
Sometimes reading nested quotes can be tough. Please re-read the thread to ascertain who said what.

Lotta people got the clap. Not so glamorous! LOL. I wouldn't have wanted to be working in public health in the 60s.

One of my friends got the crabs. I learned right quick how to pee whilst standing over the porcelain altar.

No blue ointment for me!!

:lol:

Come on now. The sixties were fun.:eusa_angel:

The 60s and early 70's were a lot of fun if you were young and weren't getting your ass sent to Viet Nam.

For those of you who missed out on the be-ins, love ins, massive and cheap rock concerts and the whole HIPPIE thing?

My condolances.

Americans were STILL realtively wealthy back then and as kids we could afford to enjoy life in a way that I expect no younger generation of Americans is EVER going to have.

So you are saying only blacks are justified to burn and loot? Kind of racist, aren't you?

no i was saying protesting over race like they did in the 60's is more important than you showing up at a tea party protest....

Thats all.

no i was saying protesting over race like they did in the 60's is more important than you showing up at a tea party protest....

Personally I think they are both important. It is also important to keep them peaceful and nonviolent. Oppression comes in many forms and eventually target us all.

A lot of good things came from the 60's. Good and bad. Great music. The challenge of the Status Que had good in it. Too much selling out came later though. Statism is a Prison, it is about time we all started questioning again.

The 60s and early 70's were a lot of fun if you were young and weren't getting your ass sent to Viet Nam.

For those of you who missed out on the be-ins, love ins, massive and cheap rock concerts and the whole HIPPIE thing?

My condolances.

Americans were STILL realtively wealthy back then and as kids we could afford to enjoy life in a way that I expect no younger generation of Americans is EVER going to have.

And many of us became conservatives when we matured. And after we figured out how we got played.

One of my friends got the crabs. I learned right quick how to pee whilst standing over the porcelain altar.

No blue ointment for me!!

:lol:

Come on now. The sixties were fun.:eusa_angel:

Who could enjoy a time when the clothes were so indescribably UGLY!

My condolances.

Did you live the 60's? I did.

lol and the rock concerts weren't cheap. it was just that we had 40 top billed acts to rockon with.

Now back to the politico.

Forum List

Back