Rioters in Philly Are Black, Mayor/NAACP Admit

Who cares what the Mayor says, the President says it's time to take from the rich.

Right -- but by "rich", they mean "white"!

Obama's ultimate goal is to take it from whitey and give it to blackie. He has some assistance from "the street".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRgB2eeHZEw]‪Your Higher Taxes pay for My healthcare thanks President Obama Healthcare Reform - GloZell‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Just a couple of kids out doing what many kids now do in Philly. :(

And people wonder why their test scores are so low. Damn teachers! :doubt:

A Vietnam veteran who lost his eye while serving his country was violently beaten during a random attack by a group of teens on a Philadelphia street earlier this week.

The attack happened shortly after 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 5000 block of N. 5th Street in the city’s Olney section.

“These animals are specializing on our elderly people out here and a gentleman who served our country,” Lt. George McClay said.

According to investigators, 64-year-old Edward Schaefer was walking to meet his wife at the bus stop when he was approached from behind by six males.

McClay said one of the suspects began the violent attack and the others joined in on the random beating.

Vietnam Vet Randomly Attacked By Teens On Olney Street « CBS Philly

vet-beaten-in-philly.jpg

Sadly what teens and young people are doing in Philly isn't confined to what black kids are doing.

I'm sure you are correct, but I read Phila. news daily (both my kids go to college there), and more often than not, it's a white or Asian victim, and black perps.

"Wilding" is the term used amongst the flash mob crowd there. It's not a new phenomenon, but it's growing like cancer.

I teach HS. I still believe that education is the only way out of the ghetto. But I can't imagine teaching in a Phila. public school. You couldn't pay me enough.

I tried to post this as a reply to a poster named Mandy on a local news site. I guess I wasn't PC enough. Here's her post and my reply.

Mandy

Well, our society is tolerating this behavior. Our President does nothing, DOJ does nothing, the NAACP does nothing, Rev Sharpton does nothing, Rev Jackson does nothing. But let this behavior ever be reversed and the next thing we have is Hate Crime legislation pushed through our judicial system without a second thought as to implementing it fairly. The only way this seems that it will be resolved is more conceal carry which will results in violence erupting between races in our country. It appears the black community leaders are promoting this just like our President and DOJ and DNC are promoting the Occupy Wall Street protesters. People with a conscience should never want to be tied to the Democrat Party anymore.

Mandy I agree with 90% of your viewpoint, but we differ in that I don't see how citizens having a CCL will cause some type of race war. If anything it will bring back more civility than we currently have. Being a CCL holder as I am doesn't give one the right to call open season on thugs and miscreants. It does give one the right to defend ones self. And once the cockroaches, and I apply the term cockroaches equally to thugs of all races. Once they see the result of what a 45 ACP will do to their day in real life and not in some video game, mysteriously social graces would fall in line quickly. That's how and why you hear the term, "an armed society is a polite society". Once people, i.e., your legislature, realize that the police are not there to protect, but to fill out the incident report after the altercation and then attempt to make an arrest, maybe then they will empower the people with their God-Given right of lethal self defense. I'm so glad I live in a state where I can defend and not have to rely on the govt!

Believe it or not, PA is a CCL state. And it's still the murder capital of the country.

My older son lives in a bad neighborhood. I've thought about talking to him about getting a gun, but I don't think he'd go for it. He loves the city and is oblivious to what's going on there.

I still worry...

I'm sure you are correct, but I read Phila. news daily (both my kids go to college there), and more often than not, it's a white or Asian victim, and black perps.

"Wilding" is the term used amongst the flash mob crowd there. It's not a new phenomenon, but it's growing like cancer.

I teach HS. I still believe that education is the only way out of the ghetto. But I can't imagine teaching in a Phila. public school. You couldn't pay me enough.

There is no denying that blacks are disproportionately represented as attackers. The Mayor of Philadelphia is trying to find a way to stop black young people from engaging in these attacks. But, they are not exclusively attacks by blacks. So something is going on other than saying it's a black problem.

Believe it or not, PA is a CCL state. And it's still the murder capital of the country.

My older son lives in a bad neighborhood. I've thought about talking to him about getting a gun, but I don't think he'd go for it. He loves the city and is oblivious to what's going on there.

I still worry...
Chanel, you are correct! I can't believe more people don't exercise their right in Pa. Here are the rules.

The process for obtaining an LTCF in Pennsylvania is excellent due to the fact that the process is very thorough in making sure that permits are not granted to people that may be irresponsible or pose a danger to others (minors, convicted felons, domestic abusers, etc.) while making it very simple for trustworthy, law-abiding people to obtain one quickly and cheaply.

Pennsylvania LTCF's are available to both residents and non-residents and are valid for 5 years. For residents, the applications are handled by their county sheriff's office, with the exception of Philadelphia where they are handled by the Gun Permits & Tracking Unit of the Philadelphia Police Department. It should be noted that permits issued by one county must be honored by all counties including Philadelphia regardless of rumors to the contrary.

The actual application process itself is very simple and consists of acquiring an application, and a passport-sized photo, filling it out, paying the fee (which can vary from county to county) and submitting it. In some counties (such as Philadelphia) the application must be submitted in person and they may do a quick and basic interview. Once the application is received the entity responsible for handling it will do a background check on you and generally verify who you are. They may contact the references you have provided on the application although many times it will not be necessary. Pennsylvania is a "shall-issue" state in regards to LTCF's, meaning the entity processing your application is required to approve it unless they can prove you are disqualified based on the law. This is very important to prevent localities from simply denying people based on political, or prejudicial biases. Additionally by state law the application must be approved or denied in 45 days (although some offices will use "business days"). Again, this is done to prevent localities from claiming they issue permits, but never actually processing them for political or prejudicial reasons.

I tried to post this as a reply to a poster named Mandy on a local news site. I guess I wasn't PC enough. Here's her post and my reply.

Mandy

Well, our society is tolerating this behavior. Our President does nothing, DOJ does nothing, the NAACP does nothing, Rev Sharpton does nothing, Rev Jackson does nothing. But let this behavior ever be reversed and the next thing we have is Hate Crime legislation pushed through our judicial system without a second thought as to implementing it fairly. The only way this seems that it will be resolved is more conceal carry which will results in violence erupting between races in our country. It appears the black community leaders are promoting this just like our President and DOJ and DNC are promoting the Occupy Wall Street protesters. People with a conscience should never want to be tied to the Democrat Party anymore.

Mandy I agree with 90% of your viewpoint, but we differ in that I don't see how citizens having a CCL will cause some type of race war. If anything it will bring back more civility than we currently have. Being a CCL holder as I am doesn't give one the right to call open season on thugs and miscreants. It does give one the right to defend ones self. And once the cockroaches, and I apply the term cockroaches equally to thugs of all races. Once they see the result of what a 45 ACP will do to their day in real life and not in some video game, mysteriously social graces would fall in line quickly. That's how and why you hear the term, "an armed society is a polite society". Once people, i.e., your legislature, realize that the police are not there to protect, but to fill out the incident report after the altercation and then attempt to make an arrest, maybe then they will empower the people with their God-Given right of lethal self defense. I'm so glad I live in a state where I can defend and not have to rely on the govt!
Works with nuclear armed societies, where as peace is established through strength, just break it down to handgun levels, and the peaceful outcome should be the exact same right? Just saying !

There is no denying that blacks are disproportionately represented as attackers. The Mayor of Philadelphia is trying to find a way to stop black young people from engaging in these attacks. But, they are not exclusively attacks by blacks. So something is going on other than saying it's a black problem.
Not in Philly my friend, it's a black problem.

Last edited:

Kevin Klass was beaten to death by four middle eastern men, the murder took place not far from the liberty bell.

SMSgt hit the issue squarely. This behavior is tolerated. The Mayor is begging, pleading. That isn't going to help. Mayor Nutter is appealing to parents to exercise parental authority. That's useless. If there was any kind of parental authority this would never happen.

Do what Guliani did in New York, start at the very beginnings of behavior and withdraw permission and tolerance. Have the mother of all crackdowns on ALL anti social behavior. Start throwing guys in jail for wearing saggy pants. Crack down all along the line. Create armed neighborhood patrols with firearm training. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

Kevin Klass was beaten to death by four middle eastern men, the murder took place not far from the liberty bell.

SMSgt hit the issue squarely. This behavior is tolerated. The Mayor is begging, pleading. That isn't going to help. Mayor Nutter is appealing to parents to exercise parental authority. That's useless. If there was any kind of parental authority this would never happen.Do what Guliani did in New York, start at the very beginnings of behavior and withdraw permission and tolerance. Have the mother of all crackdowns on ALL anti social behavior. Start throwing guys in jail for wearing saggy pants. Crack down all along the line. Create armed neighborhood patrols with firearm training. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
My friend, if you call these guy Middle Eastern , you should really take a relook at you map. I just call them North Philly ghetto trash

Photos released of Old City beating suspects | 6abc.com

SMSgt hit the issue squarely. This behavior is tolerated. The Mayor is begging, pleading. That isn't going to help. Mayor Nutter is appealing to parents to exercise parental authority. That's useless. If there was any kind of parental authority this would never happen.

Do what Guliani did in New York, start at the very beginnings of behavior and withdraw permission and tolerance. Have the mother of all crackdowns on ALL anti social behavior. Start throwing guys in jail for wearing saggy pants. Crack down all along the line. Create armed neighborhood patrols with firearm training. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
What you speak of here, is an emergency response to what undoubtedly has become a totally out of control situation up there in Philly, and yes in situations like this, the supension of many rights and freedoms by the Philly government or feds all depending, as to be found within the situation, may just be in order (i.e strict curfews and etc.), and this is for those people who abuse their rights & freedoms granted unto them by law in this nation, where as they instead use them to freely abuse another in a criminal way with.

Freedoms and rights are earned, and are not just a given, otherwise for anyone to then somehow be given these freedoms and rights under law, yet without any expectations of afterwards, is folly and foolhearty at best in this nation.

Any bad citizen, thug and/or criminal element that is found commiting criminal acts or violations found in violation of their freedoms & rights granted them and/or is given them in trust there of in this nation, should have their rights revoked quickly, without excuses made for them by those supporting them in their criminal activity based upon various reasoning. If they are then found operating in bad ways upon the streets, in their communties, towns, and in states in which they then freely use and abuse their granted freedoms and rights gained, then they should be swiftly delt with. It should be an attrocitiy to allow people to be able to abuse another with those same freedoms and rights that we all have, in which should be totally unexceptable.

These things shouldnot be tolerated at all when found out about in society, yet these days however, and all due to PC and Diversity issues that are taken way out of context or are being injected when they shouldnot be, and that are found to be in the extreme now in this nation, has allowed many to be granted the same rights as the good citizens have, even though the ones granted those freedoms and rights equally, are then next found to be bad in many cases yet having those rights are freedoms anyway. It shouldnot be that we should allow them without any expectations looked forward to (or) that we should expect of them as a minimum to uphold themselves in a decent and good manor when allowed the same rights as everyone else, yet they are still given these rights and freedoms to do unto others as they wouldnot have done unto them, as is found in a system that caters to peope in an unjust way, in which is being found in so many cases now across America.

We now see the situation as abusive, and in many cases deadly as well, but abuse just keeps going on these days as found in it all no matter, because our justice system has fallen apart on such matters anymore.

Just because people are poor, is no excuse for people to become criminal minded or bad in their poverty, it is a choice that they make in which they next make the excuse for all due to their poverty, but that is a no good excuse at all, and it should never be a good excuse. People that I knew growing up (me included) were poor, but we didnot result to becoming criminals or bad people in our poverty (some did, but they were delt with swiftly back then), and since then I have been able to feed and clothe my family for over 31 years now in America, and I did this with the minimum of an education to (got more later in in life), so I tire greatly of the poverty excuses, in which somehow are to justify people being bad or criminals within our society. Hec, we have some of the best poverty programs in the world, so the excuses don't fly with me at all.

All citizens should be expected to uphold at least a certain level of good within themselves, and this in order to retain their freedoms and rights enjoyed so by them in this nation, just as every other citizen that freely walks or rides the streets, towns and cities across America do at so many levels, where as people should want to do the same freely and rightfully so in these ways. All should become good stewarts of those rights in which are garanteed, and are granted unto them by law in this nation, until that law is broken.:eusa_angel:

Mayor Nutter wanted to put "stop and Frisk" into action in crime ridden areas. Unfortunately the ACLU filed a lawsuit and crushed that idea that would have saved this city of these wild animals

Mayor Nutter is a good man trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately, these youths (and their parents) have bought into the pervasive myth that, because they are black, they are justified in such abuses because they are just reacting to past abuses by whites. The fact that most of these young people were born into an America that has, for the most part, left such racism behind, is irrelevant. Such violence and criminality should be despised by all decent people, regardless of race. Sadly enough, there are to many people lacking decency.

The call came into Homicide about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, just as the late news finished: A tipster was on the line with information in the Old City beating death of Kevin Kless.

A sergeant from the Special Investigations Unit picked up the receiver; he quickly realized the caller's details matched what was known about the Jan. 14 killing and gave police their first solid lead.

The tipster said that the night Kless was killed while hailing a cab near Independence Hall, Steven Ferguson, an off-duty hotel parking valet, was boasting with friends about beating up a "white kid" in Old City.

Slaying shatters a young family | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/22/2012

Forum List

Back