Riot concerns?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Fear-mongering propaganda or a legitimate concern?

Will election night bring civil unrest?

Police departments countrywide think it's a possibility, and they're preparing for riots or other violent reactions to a McCain or Obama victory, The Hill reports.

There is particular concern that a loss by Obama, who has built a big lead in the polls, could prompt significant problems.

"Some worry that if Barack Obama loses and there is suspicion of foul play in the election, violence could ensue in cities with large black populations," The Hill writes. Detroit, Chicago, Oakland and Philadelphia are among the cities that plan to have extra police deployed.

Police Prepare For Possible Election Night Riots - Horserace

It won't surprise me... not if there are shenanigans similar to the 2000 election. Especially if the Electoral vote is at odds with the popular vote.

-Joe

Last edited:
I vote fear mongering, though having watched the many you tubes exposing the hatred of some of the righties, I'm not totally sure.

When was the last time you saw a conservative riot ?

'Conservative' and 'Riot' are like 'Military' and 'Intelligence'... they look funny in the same sentence.

That doesn't mean the 'radical right' - which is anything but 'conservative' - would take a McCain defeat with grace; especially if it is close and Mac doesn't give a quick and effective 'unity' concession speech.

A lot of people believe the negative hype and believe that an Obama win would equate to an end to truth, justice and the American way.

The other wrench in the monkey works is Bush... Will he hand the keys to the Oval Office over to Obama with grace? Especially if it is close?

-Joe

Last edited:
When was the last time you saw a conservative riot ?

intheloop_012405.jpg

When Bush lost Florida .. then after the "riot", somehow magically found it.

Forum List

Back