Rino's Fold As Trump Wins!

Sure he does. Why? Because of his blind hatred of President Obama.
Then he would be one of the first to yell over normalizing relations with that horrible country Cuba.

You're still #1 douchemaker!

Cuba-Proped-600-LI.jpg

In all honesty, all this shows is that Reince is more intelligent than Wasserman-Shultz. He knows that Trump is drawing democrats as much as republicans into his tent. You tell me ANY republican candidate in the last 25 years who proclaimed that he would punish companies/corporation, for moving American jobs offshore?

This is exactly why he is drawing support from the left as well as the right, and people believe that he has the gonads to do it!

You can think whatever you want of the guy, (and I am sure you do) but he is talking about things that blue collar workers have been talking about for years, and neither party in Washington listened because of their donors.

So, I am not a Trump supporter, but put your thinking caps on a minute. Who WOULD YOU believe as a democrat or republican, when someone says they are going to keep jobs here? A billionaire who has done it, or some lady who hasn't driven a car in over 20 years? And who would you believe when they said they were going to fix the border problem? A billionaire who owes nothing to nobody, or a lady who owes her soul to lobbyists? Or for that matter, an ex Florida governor who proclaims he basically wants the border open?!?!?!

Older people look back and remember Ross Perot, and are reminded how the political class all laughed at what he said. Now Americans QUOTE what he said, because he told them the truth. Almost everything he predicted came to pass if we let the political class have their way, as he put it. That was long before Americans were this pissed with Washington.

While some may not like Trump, some may not like Bernie, and some may not like either one; we all should look at this as an OPPORTUNITY! Washington has been giving both dems and repubs the song and dance for many a election. Now we have two people from vastly different sides of the aisle putting forth questions, which they FINALLY are going to have to answer. The media HAS to hold the other candidates feet to the fire though!

Like I stated earlier, repub or dem debates, get an adult beverage, pop some corn, and watch the establishment candidates squirm. These 2 candidates will put forth questions that NONE of the establishment candidates want to touch. Let us see how good of politicians they really are, and do ANY of them deserve our vote for POTUS!

Doesn't Trump have clothing made outside the US?

People quote Perot? I'm sure some do, somewhere, but I don't ever recall anyone doing it since that presidential election. In fact, I don't know if I've seen or heard anyone speak of Perot in a positive way since then. He is mostly seen as 'that crazy billionaire who ran for president' when he's spoken of at all.

I get the draw of a candidate outside the norm. However, Trump seems too similar to the politicians we're used to getting as presidential candidates; he comes off as less interested in improving the lives of Americans than in improving his own. He seems to be a self-promoting entertainer more than a savvy businessman looking to make real changes in government to improve the country. Maybe that's a false impression, but I expect it (or something like it) is common enough that the man has virtually no chance at actually attaining the office. For that matter, even were Trump to become president, I think people put too much emphasis on the presidency and ignore the limitations, somehow assuming a president can change things drastically without the approval of congress.

I also think that, come election time, any seeming support for different kinds of candidates will be drowned out by the majority of people continuing to vote for the same sort of 'establishment' candidates we see every 4 years.

1. Ever hear the phrase, "that giant sucking sound?" If you haven't, you have not been paying much attention to Presidential politics for the last 25 years.

2. Trump seems to similar to other politicians? Now that is ridiculous. When was the last time you seen a candidate finance themselves, thus can say whatever they want?

3. Make changes to improve the country? Depends what you want, economic growth, or more of the same old-same old.

4. The limitations? Again, you have NOT been watching our current POTUS much have you.

And as far as him not having a chance to win; he has more of a chance than you or I do. If push comes to shove, he has more of a chance than most running, today, this hour, this minute.

Not to many are looking for him to win, but most are very thankful that he is bringing up topics that most candidates won't address. What is so BAD about bringing up something that over 65% of Americans think? What is so bad about pointing out that Washington negotiators stink? What is terrible about talking about derailing corporations from spiriting jobs away?

You tell all of us, which subject should be taboo because the majority of Americans think we shouldn't discuss them!!!!!

To many people want to hide their heads in the sand; and on most forums, some on the left, along with some on the right, say these topics are stupid. Well, here is your opportunity to prove they are! Get your establishment candidate to massage these topics away, and good luck with that.

It is more than obvious that supporters of Hillary, Jeb, Christie, and a few others don't want ANY of these topics on the front burner. They would rather NOT touch them, and all drag the conversation elsewhere. It makes no difference to ANY of them if a majority of Americans want these things addressed, they want it to be about a MODERATE republican, and a MODERATE Hillary. All these hard questions, no comprhende in their books.

Every voter who actually pays attention to politics, should use this OPPORTUNITY to see where the 2 political parties; and their nominees actually stand on these issues. What many on here are afraid of is..........their constituents who used to vote for them, may be surprised and change their minds!

In all honesty, all this shows is that Reince is more intelligent than Wasserman-Shultz. He knows that Trump is drawing democrats as much as republicans into his tent. You tell me ANY republican candidate in the last 25 years who proclaimed that he would punish companies/corporation, for moving American jobs offshore?

This is exactly why he is drawing support from the left as well as the right, and people believe that he has the gonads to do it!

You can think whatever you want of the guy, (and I am sure you do) but he is talking about things that blue collar workers have been talking about for years, and neither party in Washington listened because of their donors.

So, I am not a Trump supporter, but put your thinking caps on a minute. Who WOULD YOU believe as a democrat or republican, when someone says they are going to keep jobs here? A billionaire who has done it, or some lady who hasn't driven a car in over 20 years? And who would you believe when they said they were going to fix the border problem? A billionaire who owes nothing to nobody, or a lady who owes her soul to lobbyists? Or for that matter, an ex Florida governor who proclaims he basically wants the border open?!?!?!

Older people look back and remember Ross Perot, and are reminded how the political class all laughed at what he said. Now Americans QUOTE what he said, because he told them the truth. Almost everything he predicted came to pass if we let the political class have their way, as he put it. That was long before Americans were this pissed with Washington.

While some may not like Trump, some may not like Bernie, and some may not like either one; we all should look at this as an OPPORTUNITY! Washington has been giving both dems and repubs the song and dance for many a election. Now we have two people from vastly different sides of the aisle putting forth questions, which they FINALLY are going to have to answer. The media HAS to hold the other candidates feet to the fire though!

Like I stated earlier, repub or dem debates, get an adult beverage, pop some corn, and watch the establishment candidates squirm. These 2 candidates will put forth questions that NONE of the establishment candidates want to touch. Let us see how good of politicians they really are, and do ANY of them deserve our vote for POTUS!

People quote Perot? I'm sure some do, somewhere, but I don't ever recall anyone doing it since that presidential election. In fact, I don't know if I've seen or heard anyone speak of Perot in a positive way since then. He is mostly seen as 'that crazy billionaire who ran for president' when he's spoken of at all.

I get the draw of a candidate outside the norm. However, Trump seems too similar to the politicians we're used to getting as presidential candidates; he comes off as less interested in improving the lives of Americans than in improving his own. He seems to be a self-promoting entertainer more than a savvy businessman looking to make real changes in government to improve the country. Maybe that's a false impression, but I expect it (or something like it) is common enough that the man has virtually no chance at actually attaining the office. For that matter, even were Trump to become president, I think people put too much emphasis on the presidency and ignore the limitations, somehow assuming a president can change things drastically without the approval of congress.

I also think that, come election time, any seeming support for different kinds of candidates will be drowned out by the majority of people continuing to vote for the same sort of 'establishment' candidates we see every 4 years.

1. Ever hear the phrase, "that giant sucking sound?" If you haven't, you have not been paying much attention to Presidential politics for the last 25 years.

2. Trump seems to similar to other politicians? Now that is ridiculous. When was the last time you seen a candidate finance themselves, thus can say whatever they want?

3. Make changes to improve the country? Depends what you want, economic growth, or more of the same old-same old.

4. The limitations? Again, you have NOT been watching our current POTUS much have you.

And as far as him not having a chance to win; he has more of a chance than you or I do. If push comes to shove, he has more of a chance than most running, today, this hour, this minute.

Not to many are looking for him to win, but most are very thankful that he is bringing up topics that most candidates won't address. What is so BAD about bringing up something that over 65% of Americans think? What is so bad about pointing out that Washington negotiators stink? What is terrible about talking about derailing corporations from spiriting jobs away?

You tell all of us, which subject should be taboo because the majority of Americans think we shouldn't discuss them!!!!!

To many people want to hide their heads in the sand; and on most forums, some on the left, along with some on the right, say these topics are stupid. Well, here is your opportunity to prove they are! Get your establishment candidate to massage these topics away, and good luck with that.

It is more than obvious that supporters of Hillary, Jeb, Christie, and a few others don't want ANY of these topics on the front burner. They would rather NOT touch them, and all drag the conversation elsewhere. It makes no difference to ANY of them if a majority of Americans want these things addressed, they want it to be about a MODERATE republican, and a MODERATE Hillary. All these hard questions, no comprhende in their books.

Every voter who actually pays attention to politics, should use this OPPORTUNITY to see where the 2 political parties; and their nominees actually stand on these issues. What many on here are afraid of is..........their constituents who used to vote for them, may be surprised and change their minds!

1. Um, yes. How does the phrase relate to presidential politics, particularly in the context of this conversation?

2. I explained how Trump seems similar to other politicians. He is a self-promoter. He doesn't seem to have any honest desire or plan to improve the country for the average American; instead he comes off as someone grabbing attention. I also don't actually know how much Trump has put into financing his campaign, nor previous candidates, for that matter.

3. Catch-phrases and empty rhetoric aren't impressive qualifications for president. Nor does the president, by himself, necessarily have the power to improve the economy greatly. If a Trump presidency would spur economic growth, great. I haven't actually seen how this would be accomplished, though.

4. Yes, limitations. You know, checks and balances, three branches of government, congress with the power of the purse, etc. etc. The president is far from a dictator, and that includes Obama.

Of course Trump has more chance to win than I do. What does that matter? I have no chance whatsoever to win, I'm not running. :p

There's nothing bad about pointing out that our politicians tend to suck. That is not a good resume for a president, though. As to talking about stopping corporations from spiriting jobs away, that talk would have more weight if the person talking didn't do that very thing.

I didn't say any subject should be taboo. That is you making things up. I don't have any establishment candidate. I didn't say any topic was stupid.

I thought Perot seemed more honest in his campaign for president. I trusted his motives more than I do Trump's. I wouldn't want either of them as president, though.

1. Um, yes. How does the phrase relate to presidential politics, particularly in the context of this conversation?

2. I explained how Trump seems similar to other politicians. He is a self-promoter. He doesn't seem to have any honest desire or plan to improve the country for the average American; instead he comes off as someone grabbing attention. I also don't actually know how much Trump has put into financing his campaign, nor previous candidates, for that matter.

3. Catch-phrases and empty rhetoric aren't impressive qualifications for president. Nor does the president, by himself, necessarily have the power to improve the economy greatly. If a Trump presidency would spur economic growth, great. I haven't actually seen how this would be accomplished, though.

4. Yes, limitations. You know, checks and balances, three branches of government, congress with the power of the purse, etc. etc. The president is far from a dictator, and that includes Obama.

Of course Trump has more chance to win than I do. What does that matter? I have no chance whatsoever to win, I'm not running. :p

There's nothing bad about pointing out that our politicians tend to suck. That is not a good resume for a president, though. As to talking about stopping corporations from spiriting jobs away, that talk would have more weight if the person talking didn't do that very thing.

I didn't say any subject should be taboo. That is you making things up. I don't have any establishment candidate. I didn't say any topic was stupid.

I thought Perot seemed more honest in his campaign for president. I trusted his motives more than I do Trump's. I wouldn't want either of them as president, though.

Well then, just like myself, you are not a Trump person/supporter. I still contend he and Bernie are going to be the biggest catalysts in this race though. They are going to talk about things that others will not touch. I think it is a win for everyone, because politicians are going to have to think on their feet instead of from rote.

I really think you should use some of your time to watch Trumps speech in Iowa. Before watching it, I thought he was a total ass. Now I think he is only bassackwards. He is really more of a force than you think, although I agree with you, he will not win.

You should think more out of the box, and enjoy the squirming the establishment candidates from both parties are going to have to do.

It doesn't take a very high IQ to read a speech. It doesn't take a very high IQ to be able to bullshit on a topic they are comfortable with. But let us see how smart all these candidates really are when questioned on specifics they do not want to even talk about.

I find great joy in this because someone is going to have to come off the "split" box that the left has built if they want to win. For the 1st time, dividing people is going to work against that person. I can't wait for the lefts solution to this.

First of all Pinky, the term would be RINOs -- not "Rino's" which can only mean "Rino is". We do not use apostrophes to form a plural in Engish --- ever.

Second, the term "RINO" (or DINO) indicates you think the purpose of a politician is to further the goals of his political party.

It ain't.

The job of a POTUS, Congresscritter, Senator, Governor, Mayor etc etc is to serve the people that elect him or her. Not a fucking political party, which only exists to acquire power.

We elect such an official to work for We the People. Not They Who Belong to the Preferred Political Party. It ain't a fucking football game. Your use of the word "brands" sums up your whole problem. Electing a POTUS isn't like buying a pair of shoes.
Well if it's not like shoes why did you put a black loafer in the oval office?

OK, credit where due. That was pretty good. :lol:

Seeing as how Rump has repeatedly bankrupted his own bidnesses I'm kinda not exactly clamoring to see him given any kind of influence on anything. Let him bankrupt his own money.

I get the draw of a candidate outside the norm. However, Trump seems too similar to the politicians we're used to getting as presidential candidates; he comes off as less interested in improving the lives of Americans than in improving his own. He seems to be a self-promoting entertainer more than a savvy businessman looking to make real changes in government to improve the country. Maybe that's a false impression, but I expect it (or something like it) is common enough that the man has virtually no chance at actually attaining the office.

I think that's a spot-on accurate impression. The simple fact that he's making noise in a vacuum, i.e. 2015, not even an election year, tells me he's more interested in grandstanding for hair time face time than in any kind of candidacy at all. He's run this play before. He's an egomaniac. A year from now the only time you'll hear his name will be in quips like "remember a year ago when you guys were wetting your pants over Donald T. Rump?" And of course they'll deny it....

I get the draw of a candidate outside the norm. However, Trump seems too similar to the politicians we're used to getting as presidential candidates; he comes off as less interested in improving the lives of Americans than in improving his own. He seems to be a self-promoting entertainer more than a savvy businessman looking to make real changes in government to improve the country. Maybe that's a false impression, but I expect it (or something like it) is common enough that the man has virtually no chance at actually attaining the office.

I think that's a spot-on accurate impression. The simple fact that he's making noise in a vacuum, i.e. 2015, not even an election year, tells me he's more interested in grandstanding for hair time face time than in any kind of candidacy at all. He's run this play before. He's an egomaniac. A year from now the only time you'll hear his name will be in quips like "remember a year ago when you guys were wetting your pants over Donald T. Rump?" And of course they'll deny it....

The one thing about it is that, as an egomaniac, he might think he really can be the best president ever, savior of the nation, solving all of our problems.

I haven't paid enough attention to Trump over the years to feel any sort of surety about his intentions, but it's one of those 'can't tell if serious....' kind of things. :p

The one thing about it is that, as an egomaniac, he might think he really can be the best president ever, savior of the nation, solving all of our problems.

I haven't paid enough attention to Trump over the years to feel any sort of surety about his intentions, but it's one of those 'can't tell if serious....' kind of things. :p

He really hasn't given any indication that any of this is any different from his endless please-notice-me begathons over the years. I don't see any reason at all to think this time is any different.

>> .... the real genesis of Trump’s long, storied career in political noisemaking dates back to 1987, when a Republican activist in New Hampshire named Mike Dunbar invited the real estate tycoon to speak at the Portsmouth Rotary Club. At the time, Trump — who had not yet fully embraced self-caricature — was primarily known to the public as a hard-charging scion-cum-billionaire with an impressive collection of tall buildings and glitzy casinos to his name, and a budding career as a how-to guru. (He was a couple weeks away from releasing The Art of the Deal, the first in what would become a series of best-selling business advice books.)

Dunbar thought Trump’s brash public persona and business savvy would make him an ideal candidate to marshal a “grassroots movement,” and he told him so. In Dunbar’s telling, Trump was intensely interested in the idea, and invited the activist to New York to talk strategy. The “Draft Trump” campaign that ensued quickly caught the attention of the press, and newspapers across the country ran stories speculating about a long-shot Trump ’88 presidential bid. On Oct. 22, Trump and Dunbar arrived via limousine at a Portsmouth restaurant named Yoken’s, where Trump delivered his first political speech.

“It was literally standing room only,” Dunbar recalled. “All the tables were taken. People were lined up around the room. There were cameras up on a platform in the back. It was a heck of a show.”

.... In Trump’s version of events, America is constantly pleading with him to descend from his eponymous tower and submit himself to the world of terrestrial politics for the good of the country — all while he does nothing to invite the attention. “People have always wanted me to run,” he says.

.... Trump’s most recent political flirtation — with a gubernatorial bid — is instructive. Early in January, rumors of a potential Trump candidacy began to surface in the New York press. The origins of the speculation were murky: Did the notion really spring from the minds of state GOP officials desperate to nominate Trump, or was it seeded by one of Trump’s yes-men? “I didn’t start the governor thing,” he says. “I was approached six weeks ago by the biggest leaders in the Republican Party, and I said let me think about it. And they approached me again and again and again.”

... It hardly matters which account is true. Almost immediately, Trump began enthusiastically fanning the flames, telling every reporter who would listen that he was seriously considering a run, that he was prepared to commit tens of millions of dollars to the campaign, that he was “the only Republican who [could] win.”

And yet, even as he has manically built up expectations for his gubernatorial bid, Trump has — as always — carefully erected a trap door that will allow him to escape the unpleasant business of actually running when the time comes. In this case, he has conditioned his entrance into the race on the wildly unrealistic scenario that the entire state party line up behind him and hand him the nomination on a platter at the convention.

The purpose of all this posturing is clear; Trump very badly wants to be taken seriously as a potential political candidate and not be written off as a man-boy who cried wolf. But, at the same time, he plainly has no interest in actually running for office. << --- 36 Hours On the Fake Campaign Trail

Forum List

Back