Rino

Southern Strategy doesn't have shit to do with it. All that was is a Nixon campaign strategy to win the White House and it worked. Conservative Democrats are still conservative and still Democrats no matter how much you try to spin it.

Southern Strategy was not just used by Nixon.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a Republican Party (GOP) method of winning Southern states in the latter decades of the 20th century and first decade of the 21st century by exploiting opposition among the once segregationist South to the cultural upheaval of New Left, Vietnam protests, the Hippie culture, Gun control, Abortion and to desegregation and Civil Rights.

Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to former Richard Nixon strategist turned liberal political commentator Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[1] but merely popularized it.[2] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:

Shows how much you know internet tough guy.

Ya...Ok internet anklebiter....like I said...child....they are still Conservative Democrats no matter how you spin it.

Dogbert: "I'm going to get you big meanie Patek!!!!"
mean%20chiuaua.jpg

Ya...Ok internet anklebiter....like I said...child....they are still Conservative Democrats no matter how you spin it.

Anklebiter? You attacked me first there bozo. Sorry if it doesn't jive with you, but the Republicans were the ones who used the Southern Strategy. You can call them Conservative Democrats all you like but they ran with your party. :thup:

So when did the Republican Party "die"

My dad was a die hard True Blue Republican, and was even a voting delegate here in Indiana for the Party. It seems like now I don't know the difference between a Republican, a Libertarian and now the new party called the Tea Party.

When the public saw what a bunch of crooks they were.

Forum List

Back